bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 10, 13 12:29 AM
Earthquakes are causing cities around the world to crumble! Dr. Ambrose Ink, one of the foremost scientific minds, has vowed to stop this unnatural phenomenon. All the clues point to Castle Barber, overlooking the quiet mountain town of Hochwald. Shortly after arriving though, Dr. Ink vanishes. Now it's up to you, Agent Evangeline Glass, to save him. You'll have to think fast to outwit soldiers, golems, and a crafty mechanical genius who always plans one step ahead. Stop the earthquakes before more cities fall in this thrilling Hidden-Object Puzzle Adventure game.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won’t find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector’s Edition includes:

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 10, 13 1:26 AM
Ooooh.... *squeals* I am loving this game.

This is a beautifully done game.

There are 9 chapters plus the bonus chapter (Ink's Story).

The SG (strategy guide) is at the left, and looks like a notepad.

3 Difficulty settings: Casual, Advanced, Expert. I played in "Advanced" mode to avoid the sparlies in the main scenes.
Active zones are pointed out on the map in Casual and Advanced mode, but not in Expert mode.

There are lots of Achievements.

There are 3 different types of steam bugs to find (11, 8, and 11 in all).
You can see how many bugs you have collected so far when clicking on that butterfly-lookalike, which is at the left and just behind the SG and your Diary.

The SG has a list of where all the bugs are hiding out.

There is widescreen, there is voice-over, there is a choice of a large and a small custom cursor.

The Inventory can be locked to stay on top, or unlocked to disappear until needed.

There are several types of HOS. All good fun.

There are some lovely mini games. Also lots of fun.

This game plays in Germany, and it's quite funny to hear some "typical" German phrases and words.

--- --- ---

Off to buy this lovely game.

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Aug 10, 13 1:53 AM
Finished the demo in 20 minutes, which is usually a sign that the game is not long enough to justify anything more than a daily deal. If I'm wrong, if it takes someone more than 4 hours to play this game, please let me know!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 10, 13 2:21 AM
I like the game very much. And with the sale today I bought the CE.

Happy gaming.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 10, 13 3:24 AM
Good morning everyone Shut the front door ! I'm with Lady Valdy on this one I'm loving this game and loving this developer there's one thing for sure this dev. knows how to deliver not only an awesome ce but awesome se's as well last week's Serpent Creek with Mayor McSnake which was totally awesome ! I was fortunate enough to be able to beta test this game and immediately fell in love with it.

The art work is gorgeous as always with this developer the story is really good you've been called in by your friend to help with some nasty going's on and he needs your help. You meet a variety of characters in your adventure some very pleasant and some not so much like the huge robots who by the way are working for the bad guy who I think should be named captain paranoia ! You also have a cool little friend to help you out he can fly and get things that are out of your reach and trust me your gonna need him.

I'm loving the snow since I live in North Carolina and it's muggy and hot as all get out here now so the snow is a pleasant sight for me to see and even when winter comes we don't get a lot of it anyway. There is lots to do in this one and two different type of hos one is frog's which I love and these are really nice everything is easy to find the items are big and then you have the list hos and both hos are interactive very cool and very nicely done. There are cool achievements and mechanical bugs to collect along the way and it seems to be lots of them.

The puzzles so far have been really cool especially the dollhouse one I loved that one and I'm hoping there may be more like that as the game continues. All in all this is a solid and well deserved ce much better than Neardeath on Thursday not all the chit chat and cut scenes and this map DOESN'T NEED TO RE-CHARGE imagine that. and you can travel by it from one area to another. The hint button does take some time to charge but not that long and it does work in and out of the hos. The voice over's are nicely done and Ms. Valdy I'm loving the German accents. You board a Zeppelin sadly Robert Plant and Jimmy Page aren't on board and Stairway To Heaven isn't playing. As I said this is a solid and great ce and it looks AWESOME on my brand new 27 inch BENQ LED gaming monitor I'm loving this ! Give the demo a try it's so worth it. Thank you dev's for an awesome and gorgeous game you guys never disappoint and thank you Big Fish for letting my vacuum have another day off. Have fun everybody !

janspack
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by janspack on Aug 10, 13 3:29 AM
I've been a bit off HOGs recently (something I thought I'd never say) as they all seem to be very similar and also, money very tight so haven't been able to afford too many CEs

This game has tempted me & I've bought the CE - the 55% off was just too tempting.
I can't put my finger on exactly what is different about this game but I'm really enjoying it.

The graphics are excellent and the storyline different enough to keep me playing. the voiceovers not at all annoying and can be quite helpful. Love Matthew, the robot bird.

I've bought the game without even finishing the trial.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 10, 13 3:46 AM
GMAC... !!

Absolutely adore your reviews. They are the best. Never seen anything like it or anything better.

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 10, 13 3:54 AM
Valdy wrote:GMAC... !!

Absolutely adore your reviews. They are the best. Never seen anything like it or anything better.
Hi Valdy Thanks very much and the same goes for you !

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Aug 10, 13 5:03 AM
Well finally a game to DL that looks promising. I hope I enjoy it as much as the other fishies do. Here goes nothing.

Edited on 08/10/2013 at 5:03:37 AM PST

luvmigame
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by luvmigame on Aug 10, 13 5:20 AM
Hey pidgie65. About 3 1/2 hours including the bonus content. I finished the demo in 40 minutes. This one is a little short, but the sale is today.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 10, 13 5:43 AM
I'm with everyone who LOVES this game! I think it's great! I bought it!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Aug 10, 13 5:59 AM
I don't know.....it's a pretty game......and well made.....but I got only lousy 26 minutes out of the sample....makes me wonder how long the whole game will be....

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 10, 13 7:25 AM
Oh man, I won't be playing this game. Ewww, I don't like bugs...

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 10, 13 7:29 AM
Game looked promising to me - took me 30mins for demo, which is chapter 1, and there are 9 chapters plus bonus.

But die_nike on web page says 2.5 hours, half an hour for the bonus - not looking quite so good - not for CE.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 10, 13 7:30 AM
. This game is Wunderbar. Love

After playing for just 20 minutes I knew I had to have this game. The scenery is beautiful, ( I'm partial to European locales as I spent many years of my life travelling to Europe.) The graphics are clear and sharp. Love the mechanical Bird (Mathew). Love the Dollhouse mini game. Love the Hos where you find one item and replace it to get another, and even liked finding the bugs (even though I hate bugs). This game doesn't seem to be as long as Thursday's CE but I know it will be a lot more fun. Danke Schon for this great game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 10, 13 7:48 AM
mhatfie wrote:. This game is Wunderbar. Love

After playing for just 20 minutes I knew I had to have this game. The scenery is beautiful, ( I'm partial to European locales as I spent many years of my life travelling to Europe.) The graphics are clear and sharp. Love the mechanical Bird (Mathew). Love the Dollhouse mini game. Love the Hos where you find one item and replace it to get another, and even liked finding the bugs (even though I hate bugs). This game doesn't seem to be as long as Thursday's CE but I know it will be a lot more fun. Danke Schon for this great game.

LOL I speak German so I understand what they are saying. It's quite funny.

And apart from the constant "Thanks Matthew. Together we will finish this in no time", which really doesn't need to be said every time birdy does something for me, I am loving this game. Very nicely done, very unique.

I don't mind the bugs, they are not real, just metal. And like you, I am loving everything about this game.

Edited on 08/10/2013 at 8:06:45 AM PST

girlwonder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by girlwonder on Aug 10, 13 7:49 AM
Where do you find the name of the Developers of BF games? I have my favorites and don't see them on BF site.

pidgie65
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by pidgie65 on Aug 10, 13 8:05 AM
luvmigame wrote:Hey pidgie65. About 3 1/2 hours including the bonus content. I finished the demo in 40 minutes. This one is a little short, but the sale is today.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 10, 13 8:15 AM
CiChDa wrote:Oh man, I won't be playing this game. Ewww, I don't like bugs...

Too bad because I think you are missing out on a great game. I don't like bugs either but like Valdy said these are metal and I don't get that same repulsion feeling that I get from real bugs.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 10, 13 8:26 AM
I am so glad that I came to the forum to read the comments and reviews on this game. The two reviews under the write up of the game really sound negative about the game and made it sound like a really bad game. Thanks guys for your wonderful reviews for this game they gave a much clearer idea of what the game is all about.

Go to: