pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

How to get the maximum score

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 10, 13 10:35 PM
[b] SPOILER
1. Get Jep to eat a raw egg. Jep can use a 21 foot pole to get the blue dessert fruit from the mud where he got the clay from. Do not use the eggs in a cake, you get more points if you cook them. Use water, flour, oil and a cooked fish to make a fish pie. Use all of the flour to make 4 fish pies. Cook all fish except the one needed to catch the last fish (using the 6-foot pole, cable, twisted nail for a hook and a small uncooked fish to catch the "Lake Monster" fish. Cook it and the bait fish.

Do not use any vase item until you make all of the vases, including the blue vases.
If you put the contents of each vase (but you can only do this with 1 flour, 1 water, etc.) Put each vase item in each type of clay vases and then with the blue vases. You can really pile the points up here for a top score.

Use peas and boiling water to make pea soup. After you have put everything in all vases, add quicklime to the water and get hydrated lime. Use it on all vases for 12 extra points. Put the maple syrup on the fire to get brown sugar. Cook mussels, crawfish, eggs.

Amber...After you scare Slugger away from Amber with the noisy green paint can, give her: perfume, water, cooked mussels, brown sugar, fish pie, shell necklace, 1 purple flower and 1 white one, then the 2 combined. Give her 1 of every type of vase. Give her 1 of every type blue vase except the narrow top only because she already has this blue one. Groom her. Play ocarina for her. Don't stop giving her things because her line turns green, as you get points for everything that you give her.

Use hook on broken bone just before Amber to get marrow.
Jep can kill and eat the 2 birds at the big kiln. Later on he can go to place where honey is and kill 2 more. He can kill a lizard once he scared off Len.

Use 1 of each flower on Jep and Mina, then the 2 combined, and the shell necklace and perfume on them.

To catch termites very carefully try to get the end of stick under the ledge watching to try to keep the rest to stay on the stick. (Some times I can get 7, other days only 1 or two.) I was able to catch the fish without the easy button, but only once. On a good day, I can catch the glass tubes Slugger throws but the odd time I need to do the easy button.

My highest score after -20 easy points lost, was 901.

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:How to get the maximum score

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 16, 13 9:09 PM
[b ]I fed Jep a lot when he picked up food items, but I tried to save some items for Mina. Go up the tree with the hornet's nest is and get Jep to try to get the bees after him. Get him to go in the mud to get rid of them. The point of this is to lower Jep's health so that you get more points for feeding him.

I successfully managed to get through the game for the first time without losing pride points. Yeah!!! It is possible.

My best score after this time was 994. (I took a photo of the score to show a friend that it was possible.) I have been playing this game for years now so I try out different things in each game to try to get extra points.

greyhare
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by greyhare on Aug 18, 13 6:44 PM
Some of what you say works well, thank you

''Do not use any vase item until you make all of the vases, including the blue vases. ''
If you don't use a vase to water the plant, you can't get the blue, so maybe you meant something else.Could you explain, if you do?

pepssy
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pepssy on Aug 20, 13 6:53 PM
greyhare wrote:Some of what you say works well, thank you

''Do not use any vase item until you make all of the vases, including the blue vases. ''
If you don't use a vase to water the plant, you can't get the blue, so maybe you meant something else.Could you explain, if you do?

Sorry, I didn't explain about the vases very well. You can put stuff into the clay vases, like 2 maple syrup, but only make sugar out of 1 maple syrup and save 1 to use on each of the rest of the vases.

Go to: