Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Rounds game

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Aug 11, 13 12:51 AM
Have anyone completed any of the rounds games?
I can't even get past level 4 in the first game.

Re:Rounds game

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on Aug 11, 13 2:45 AM
I got up to Round 12-20 and stopped playing. Tha t particular stage was called 'Endless', so I'm assuming it may go on forever. My computer started to lag (for the first time), due to the overwhelming amount of pirates appearing at once.

Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Aug 11, 13 7:13 AM
But how do I get past even the first round game?
The slots take forever to load and the items keeps getting more and more expensive.
In the normal game-mode I'm currently on level 7, and I got all the the parrots and items available. But I just can't find a way to get through the round games.

[Post New]by oceanloverOH on Aug 12, 13 6:42 PM
Me either, can't get past level 4. The chests and weapons are too expensive, and the pirates come too fast and too many.

[Post New]by Ozziefishboy on Aug 16, 13 12:55 AM
Sorry for the late reply guys...

Just start every single stage with the Silver Star Chest and the Sinlgle Yellow Cannon (the $75 one). No matter what the game suggests you need to complete the level, use those two and setup at least 8 silver chests and obviously 1 cannon on each row. Then on stage 2 of each level (You'll now have 3 weapon slots) use the Gold Star Chest, Cannon-Zilla (pink cannon) and whatever you need for that particular stage (boards for holes etc). That should get you started and have a great setup to EASILY finish the levels. I found that by about stage 6 on each level (7 towards the end), I was just clicking on the stars as the cannons etc were killing the Pirates very quickly. I still have not bothered with continuing on with Level 12-20, so I can't advise after that.

Good Luck :-)

Blomie2000
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Blomie2000 on Aug 18, 13 11:17 AM
It seems to me that no one understands what I'm talking about, and therefore can't give me any help. So I'll just try out å few more times and see if I can figure it out by myself

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Aug 21, 13 11:54 AM
For the rounds levels, I have had really great success with the freeze cannon and fire cannon. Those two are a really powerful combo. I don't remember level 1 because I did that one a while ago, but I just finished level 2 with almost NO resistance thanks to the upgraded trap and freeze cannon combo.

I like to use two columns of double silver chests, and a third column of single silver chests; in the third (middle) row, 3 double gold chests so I don't have to worry about ammo. As the levels progress, scale back the chests and replace them with weapons until you only have a single column with 4 double silver chests and 1 double gold chest (for the final two levels of the round.)

That freeze cannon is crucial. It lets you build/save up gold and silver stars so you have lots of ammo stored up and can buy the expensive weapons as the levels progress, so get 5 of those cannons up (one in each row) ASAP.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 11:58:00 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Dec 7, 13 7:25 AM
You start off with 2 slots. Bring chest and smart gun. Leave a blank slot at the far left in the middle. You can lay down 5 chests, all but one in the far left column, the other one in the middle one column to the right of the far left. Now just wait for 225 silver. Don't worry if the first pirate starts hitting a chest. When you have the 225 silver, build the smart gun in the middle in the blank slot you left. Now build one chest, then wait for 225 silver and build the second smart gun (in top column 3 from the left for me. Again build one chest and wait for 225 silver and get a 3rd smart gun, bottom column 3rd from the left. If you have time, get the 4th smart gun, but then just build chests working from left to right.

Second round you have 3 slots. Bring plank (assuming you don't have a complete deck, otherwise upgraded chest), ammo chest, cannon-reezer. Build new planks if you need them to put cannon-reezers in the 6th column from the left. You want 4 ammo chests, you can put them almost anywhere behind the cannon-reezers, but not in the 5th column (where you'll have jack cannon later). What's convenient varies depending on how much deck damage you have. It's a good plan to put planks at the far right in rows 2 and 4, and leave these empty, so you can bomb there in later rounds. Upgrade as many chests as you can from the left.

Third round, 4 slots. Bring plank, barrel, jack cannon, upgraded chest. You want barrels in column 7, just in front of the cannon-reezers. Jack cannons in column 5. Keep filling in planks as needed from the left and upgrading chests. You probably won't get all the barrels and jacks done in this round, just carry on in the next round.

4th round, 5 slots. Bring upgraded chest, barrel, jack cannon, bomb, flame-thrower. Now make sure you have empty planks in the far right column (column 9) so you can flame-throw in any row there. Finish up the jack cannons and barrels. Upgrade more chests.

5th round, 6 slots. Bring upgraded ammo chest, plank, shield, bomb, flame-thrower, fire cannon. Upgrade all 4 ammo chests. Upgrade as many of your barrels to shields as you can. Put a fire cannon in rows 2 and 4. If you have immortals or fire pirates, bomb and flame-thrower them. But you may want to keep one immortal not in column 2 or 4 alive (on this or whichever round it appears on) so you can collect silver stars and ammo. When you have say 3000 silver, use bomb to kill the immortal.

Edited on 12/07/2013 at 7:27:08 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Dec 7, 13 7:27 AM
(continued from previous post)
On later rounds you'll want to make choices depending on the exact pirate roster which varies depending on the particular rounds game. But you'll bring bomb, flame-thrower and usually plank (in case of cannon). The next tasks are to put a mace cannon in rows 2 and 4 and to put upgraded traps in column 9 in rows 1, 3 and 5. Then finally put upgraded traps in column 8 in rows 2 and 4. Now no immortal can bother you. In fact, nothing can, and you can just collect stars through the remaining rounds (but you can bomb fire pirates and cannon to be safe). This setup works in rounds endless. I got bored at round 19. There were a fair few cannon and several fire pirates at a time, but they were all killed by my setup without me having to do anything besides collect stars.

Go to: