elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Kitchen

[Post New]by elaynemu on Aug 11, 13 6:55 AM
Been playing game off and on since it came out. I am down to just getting into the kitchen. Feel like I have clicked on everything on the whole boat and I only have 3 things that respond. A chest in the hold next to the amphora, the safe under my bed and the kitchen door. The only thing I have in my inventory to use is wire. I have just finished the radio room and know that I need the last personal item from the kitchen. The hint button is worthless. It just keeps sending me to the kitchen door. I even changed the game from advanced to casual to see if something might sparkle but nothing. Like the game and like the originality but it is certainly challenging for such a uncomplicated game. Please help!?!

ixuss1990
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Kitchen

[Post New]by ixuss1990 on Aug 11, 13 10:54 AM
Just try to use a hint again! It's helps!
First hint click will show you place to go, second click will show item what do you need for this.

If you still don't understand, use the spoiler:

>>>go to the left deck and play HOS<<<

Edited on 08/11/2013 at 10:57:05 AM PST

elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by elaynemu on Aug 12, 13 8:40 AM
Thanks, I will give the hint button a try again. I just assumed that it would show the kitchen door again if I hit the hint button again.

elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by elaynemu on Aug 12, 13 9:01 AM
I already found the left deck while I was trying to finish the radio room. Fell off the ladder, got back up and did the HOS. I finished the radio room and the journal says I need the cook's book. I tried using the hint button more than once and still the handle of the kitchen just glows and the dialogue comes up about there being a metal bar across the door on the inside. I checked both decks (just in case I was getting my right mixed up with my left) and there is no HOS on either. Maybe I did things out of sync and have messed up the game. What do you think? Gosh, this games needs a walkthrough.

ixuss1990
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ixuss1990 on Aug 12, 13 9:43 AM
Did you finish the minigame with rats?

elaynemu
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by elaynemu on Aug 12, 13 12:19 PM
Yes, I did. Gosh, was that hard. I am way better at the brain puzzles than the eye/hand coordination ones like those rats and the spiders.

ixuss1990
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by ixuss1990 on Aug 12, 13 12:46 PM
Did you saw the anchor on the left deck? If you found the photo, you'll see sparkling area on the anchor.

[Post New]by Taborah on Nov 6, 13 10:56 PM
Use the magnet on the kitchen door. It will lift the bar on the inside. I got in but can't figure out how to move the oil can.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 9, 13 6:30 PM
I kept getting the hint to go to the kitchen door also. I had to use the magnet in my inventory on the door and that unlocked it. I am haveing trouble figuring out what to do with the oil in the kitchen. Can anyone help with that? Thanks.

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Dec 11, 13 1:22 PM
Taborah wrote:Use the magnet on the kitchen door. It will lift the bar on the inside. I got in but can't figure out how to move the oil can.

I am having the same problem. The hint keeps telling me I need to do something with that oil can. I am assuming I need to use something on it, but nothing works. Can someone give me a hint, please. Thanks

[Post New]by pacificpearl65 on Feb 4, 14 3:14 PM
To move the oil can you need to get the big pot out of the cupboard and fill it with oil.

Go to: