Regarding How Long Is This Game

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 11, 13 1:22 PM
This is one of my pet peeves (I'm a certified Curmudgeon) How can anyone who doesn't know your gaming level answer this question? It may take me 5 hours, and it may take you 3 hours, or vice versa. Somewhere out there there may be someone who can finish in 1 hour. There may be someone who takes their time enjoying the game and finishes in 10 hours. The correct answers to this question would be "Somewhere between 1 and 10 hours. Possibly 1.7 MB (Or what ever the size) would be correct

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Regarding How Long Is This Game

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 11, 13 6:53 PM
Every time a new HOG comes out, someone makes a new thread, asking how long that game is.

At the same time, I see (rather too often) people saying "too short" or "such and such person only took 2 1/2 hours to play the game" as was the case with one of these last games. And then a lot of people go "oooh... then I better not bother with this game" or something similar.

I mean, come on... don't you know your own playing speed? Do you actually rely on what others say and miss out on a great game because someone says something like "too short"?

I know for a fact that when someone says a game took them 2 1/2 hours, it will most definitely take me at least 4 hours - as was the case with that particular game I was talking about above.

And hey... some people like to fast-click their way through a game, others prefer to take it slow, to stop every now and then, and have a look around. I mean, there are all these beautiful scenes you get nowadays, and a lot of background animation, so it would be a shame to just rush through these things.

It's like visiting a place you have never been, and taking a tour through the town, and just looking straight ahead, trying to get to the end as fast as possible, and never looking left and right to see the other parts.

And now some people will protest, saying they DO take it easy, they DO play slowly, and still the game was too short for them. But "taking it easy" and "playing slowly" means different things to different people.
For example, my husband is a fast walker. Sometimes we just want to "take it slow" and do a bit of window shopping. However, his step is still faster than mine. So when I say, "lets slow down a little", he says: "But I am walking slowly". So, as I said, it's all in the eye of the beholder.

dotty300
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Regarding How Long Is This Game

[Post New]by dotty300 on Aug 12, 13 2:25 PM
why rush it,its not a race it takes some times days to finish one

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 2:25:41 PM PST

Go to: