bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Fort Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 12, 13 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

Re:Post any Fort Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 12, 13 2:21 AM
When I downloaded this game to try it I got ...

Setup has detected that this computer does not meet the requirements to install this software. The following blocking issues must be resolved before you can install Microsft Visual C + + 2010 x86 Redistributable Setup software package.

Please resolve the following:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C + + 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

... Am I really expected to uninstall the latest version and download an older one in order to play this game? .

ETA ...

I just closed the above notification down but when I went to uninstall the game I saw that it had installed OK and so I clicked on the Play button and have had no problems playing it and have now bought it.

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 5:53:11 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 12, 13 3:14 AM
I don't ever install these so-called newer versions of Visual C++ that I have come across in several games now. And so far the games have always played perfectly fine without those extra installations.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 12, 13 3:57 AM
My pc automatically went for the option to repair or update my version, I repaired to original settings and have had no problems - agree with valdy, have never yet needed to upgrade when a game says I should

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Aug 12, 13 7:02 AM
Mine did the same thing. Same pop up box and everything. It wouldn't let me continue - I could only close out of it.

However, mine won't play either. I clicked play once and the screen flashed, but no game. When I clicked play again, it says it's already running a game.

No go for me. Ah well.

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 7:03:51 AM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Aug 12, 13 9:07 AM
Got the download Visual C =++ 2010 x86 setup so downloaded it, got the play radio button (demo) clicked on it got a flash on the screen and it went back to the main game page, went to game manager clicked on the radio button again to play and it said...woops looks like you have another game running which is the one im trying to play so uninstalled it and tried to download it again and it said that Visual C ++ 2010 x86 needed to be repaired !!, so repaired it pressed radio play button again got the same preformance again, game already running ect,ect.
No play for me so no buy either.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 12, 13 10:26 AM
Hi Folks,

While we encourage the installation of any additional pop ups that appear when you begin installing a game, there may be another reason your game will not load or run correctly.

I would recommend accepting the add on as it won't harm your computer and doing so will only serve to improve how your game runs. However, if after doing so the game fails to run for you or if it performs poorly, my best suggestion would be to take a look at the follow article which will guide you through running some quick updates:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If the problems persist, please feel free to get in touch with Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you!

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/12/2013 at 10:27:16 AM PST

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Locked Tower Locations

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 16, 13 5:14 AM
On almost all levels there are a few tower locations that you must "buy" with barrels. So far I have come across four that will not accept your attempt to buy the tower location. On Arctic Ocean, Levels 4, 6, 7 and 14 have such a tower location. It is the leftmost location in all Levels. There may be more, but I have just played through Level 14. Levels 6 and 14 have the same tower layout.

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 5:51:01 AM PST

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

Locked Tower Locations

[Post New]by nascatpat on Aug 16, 13 8:51 AM
wxman77477 wrote:On almost all levels there are a few tower locations that you must "buy" with barrels. So far I have come across three that will not accept your attempt to buy the tower location. On Arctic Ocean, Levels 4, 6 and 7 have such a tower location. It is the leftmost location in all Levels. There may be more, but I have just played through Level 7.

I also have not been able to "buy" these tower locations, even though I have plenty of barrels. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, accepted the visual c++ download, but still can't get a response from these locations in the Arctic Ocean. Particularly in Level 7, it seems almost impossible to attain 3 stars without there being weapons in that left tower.

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 8:52:32 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 16, 13 12:20 PM
Hello nascatpat and wxman77477,

Thanks for reporting this. Since you've already uninstalled and reinstalled your games, It would be really helpful if you would contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can take a closer look. To reach them, just click on the on the right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 17, 13 5:33 AM
It's a bug, I've encountered it on numerous levels. Being unable to unlock tower locations even though I have an abundance of barrels. It's not something your tech support team can fix, it's up to the developers to release a patch to fix it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 3:03 AM
Heya Culgan, Welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for bringing this up! I know exactly how frustrating these kind of problems can be.

Even if you suspect that our Tech Support can't fix the problem, contacting them helps us to investigate these problems and make sure that we can forward them to the developer for a fix if needed. You can contact them 24/7 via the following link:

Tech Support Team

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

Locked Tower Locations

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 19, 13 5:01 PM
wxman77477 wrote:On almost all levels there are a few tower locations that you must "buy" with barrels. So far I have come across four that will not accept your attempt to buy the tower location. On Arctic Ocean, Levels 4, 6, 7 and 14 have such a tower location. It is the leftmost location in all Levels. There may be more, but I have just played through Level 14. Levels 6 and 14 have the same tower layout.

I have contacted "Tech Support" and no response. What else should I do?

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 5:03:28 PM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 20, 13 4:42 AM
Hi wxman77477,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us, we should reply within 72 hours so hopefully you wont be waiting too much longer on a response with dedicated support.

Hoping this is resolved for you soon!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by heatheranne on Aug 24, 13 3:49 AM
I bought Fort Defense the other day without trying it out first, mistake. I have downloaded it numerous times now. Uninstalling it all each time. With or without the Visual C........ Either way the screen flashes each time I click on Play and then shows the screen "Play again you own this game". I might own it but I cant play it. Help please.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 3:54 AM
Hi heatheranne,

Hmmm, I think I know what is going on here. It sounds like the game is trying to start, failing to do so it shuts down.

There are a couple of reasons this may be happening but most likely, is that something the game needs to run is missing or damaged.

Hence I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to ensure all the game files are clean and when installing it anew, please accept any prompts to install an add on with the game.

In addition, you could try running some updates which will also help the game and computer to communicate more effectively with one another.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to take a look at this for you and provide some dedicated support!

Hoping this helps though!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 3:55:27 AM PST

[Post New]by kellydunwell on Aug 30, 13 10:26 AM
Some of the levels are showing that enemy is getting through, however, they aren't. This is keeping me from getting all stars. Is this a known problem.

[Post New]by melanyj02 on Aug 31, 13 7:06 AM
I have the same issue as 'kellydunwell'. On a number of levels at different difficulty settings, there are some games where I simply cannot achieve 3 stars because 'phantom' enemy ships reach my castle. This occurs even though none have passed my defenses and all enemy ships have been stopped, shot and destroyed. I have all of the tower upgrades and only 4 other upgrades remaining until everything is maxed out. It is not a question of not enough fire power, or that I am missing one or two small enemy ships. There appears to be a bug that picks up 'phantom' enemy ships.....

I will go ahead and de-install/re-install. If this fixes the problem I will re post here.

**UPDATE**
I have completed uninstalling and have now reinstalled Fort Defense. After playing through the affected levels, I continue to get the same issues. Exactly the same problem occurs on the same levels and difficulty settings as above.
Bigfish.....please advise on this bug as it clearly requires a fix/patch!

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 7:38:46 AM PST

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Aug 31, 13 2:48 PM
I am so relieved to see that others are having phantom ships get through
I thought I was going mad
sometimes it can get a bit hectic on the other side of the screen so i thought I missed one of those small sneaky fish that come from the Big One
so re played 4 times and nope
it went down despite nothing getting through
Invisible ships like the other game?
As I only play these games to get the 3 shields on each level there is not point in me continuing really
very annoying
I have reported this bug and not being able to buy the gun locations on the Arctic level but no reply so far.
First Game I have ahd this sort of problem with and very dissapointing

wendy

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Aug 31, 13 3:09 PM
well to my relief I have solved the buying the locations problem
You need to click quite a bit under the barrel and it releases it.
and I do mean quite a bit under.some of them nowhere near the barrela tall
now if they can just solve the phantom ships problem I will be well happy

wendy

Go to: