bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Fort Defense

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 12, 13 12:39 AM
Hi everyone!

What do you think of Fort Defense? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Fort Defense page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fort Defense

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 12, 13 12:39 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 12, 13 5:07 AM
Ship Ahoy, Ye Landlubbers!

BASED ON DEMO

It has been a long time since I tried to play a tower defence game and it seems I haven’t gotten any better at it! Still, I held my own until the time ran out, and was having a good time at it, so I figure this is a good game.

I’ve nothing recent to compare it to, but this one seems attractive, with clear graphics and continually new locations. You must defend the coastline and the fort by placing defensive towers around the shores and nearby islands.

As you level up you get towers with more power, spells and mines to provide more gold for upgrades. The enemy (pirates of course) also upgrades its units. Wiping them out scores you points and coins and very occasionally barrels.

Barrels can be used in the shop to purchase power ups such as increased gold at the start of a level. They seem darn hard to come by.

I would have liked a better tutorial. While I know that most people playing this game will have played similar before, I found it less than helpful, as it didn’t explain what I was doing at all.

It would have been nice, too, if the pirates had a more piratical look about them, and the shoreline was a continuous stretch of land that we moved along rather than totally new locations each time. Although I did like the land vs sea aspect.

I guess that’s just me, I am so used to playing nothing but HOPAs that I feel the need for a story in any game I play.

All up, not bad. I suspect there are better tower defence games out there, but I am equally sure there are a lot worse.

I recommend this game!

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 12, 13 1:07 PM
What are you supposed to do with the mounds that want barrels to build something? I have tried to click on them and they tell you how many barrels you need and nothing happens and you cannot build a gun on it. So someone please tell me what they are for.
Thank you.

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 12, 13 4:21 PM
Ahoy there Matey's, A Great New Pirate Tower Game Awaits!

Loved it! This is an addictive pirate style tower game. It has 3 modes, Easy, Intermediate and Hard. I had my card out to purchase as soon as the trial was over. I am not normally a big fan of tower games, but a few of them are among my favorites and this one now heads the list. Although there are not a lot of instructions, the ones they give are clear and concise. I thought it was a great game and can't wait to get back to it as soon as I finish this review! Hope you enjoy it too

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 12, 13 9:09 PM
nivlem007 wrote:What are you supposed to do with the mounds that want barrels to build something? I have tried to click on them and they tell you how many barrels you need and nothing happens and you cannot build a gun on it. So someone please tell me what they are for.
Thank you.

The mounds are for mounting your guns on but you have to pay 5 barrels for the privilege of using them . If you don't have any barrels to spare because you have already spent them on updating your guns in the store then you are out of luck and can't place a gun there.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 13, 13 7:08 AM
Same game play as royal defense, same miserable gold, ability to get barrels/coins/$
Colorful graphics, nice layout.

Die hard tower defence fans may want to consider a free stamp, otherwise skip this, tragedy game. It seems the developers are making defense too hard, must be bogged by 9-11 not that its near that date. Not to mention that they dont want to be accused of giving the game more $/defense weapon in case they got accused of storing WOMD

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 17, 13 1:36 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
nivlem007 wrote:What are you supposed to do with the mounds that want barrels to build something? I have tried to click on them and they tell you how many barrels you need and nothing happens and you cannot build a gun on it. So someone please tell me what they are for.
Thank you.

The mounds are for mounting your guns on but you have to pay 5 barrels for the privilege of using them . If you don't have any barrels to spare because you have already spent them on updating your guns in the store then you are out of luck and can't place a gun there.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Aug 17, 13 1:38 AM
Thanks for the info. I did have the barrels but I was not sure what to do. Now I do!

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Aug 24, 13 12:47 AM
I LOVE this game. It's fun and has different level skills depending on your experience.

Can't wait for their next one!

Geluvweez
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by Geluvweez on Sep 12, 13 11:27 PM
the same as Royal Defense but is on sea. I love both the Royal defense and this is fun too with nice graphics.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 19, 13 3:24 AM
I really think games should not be released with so many bugs in. I much prefer games where thought has been put into making each level a good, but fair, challenge, like in the excellent Green City and sequel. I seriously didn't appreciate having to replay levels many hundreds of times to get barrels for upgrades. This is just boring. I kept going with the game to try to help out people in this forum who wanted to finish it, and I did finish the game on hard difficulty, but I won't be buying any sequels. In the end, there weren't enough interesting challenges in all the levels, just a handful that were challenging.

Edited on 09/19/2013 at 3:31:15 AM PST

Go to: