bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

The Mac version is here! 12th August 2013

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 12, 13 12:42 AM
Heya Mac-Fishies, 

You can give this game a go by going to the game page here. The gameplay will be the same across both PC and Mac platforms, so please feel free to use this Forum for any questions, tips and tricks with other Fort Defense players.

If you encounter any technical trouble with your Mac game, we recommend checking our Mac Game Errors  help article.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

For questions about how to use the Forums, please click the FAQ link to the right of this page.

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

gracewreck
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:The Mac version is here! 12th August 2013

[Post New]by gracewreck on Aug 13, 13 4:04 AM
I was really excited when I saw this game on the site, only to be let down again because the developer didn't fix the issues with the Mac versions of their other tower defense game, Royal Defense: Invisible Threat. Again, the Mac version doesn't have varying difficulty levels and again, the Mac version can't get barrels (formerly "gems") that they need to advance in the game. So AGAIN, can you please ask the developer to make an update that fixes these issues? When I asked this in the other forum, the developer fixed one issue and not the other, so it would be great if you could get them to address both issues. Thank you

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Aug 17, 13 8:48 AM
I second this request! Although I found this game easier than Royal Defense: Invisible Threat, I can't advance further than one star on Arctic Ocean Level 9 without being able to get more upgrades.

Big Fish, please contact the developer to fix these issues:

Locked towers on left side of Arctic Ocean, Levels 4, 6 and 7 and maybe more (pc and mac issue)
No Easy-Normal-Hard difficulty modes (mac)
Replaying level does not give additional barrels (mac)

Thanks!

ladyblu11
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by ladyblu11 on Aug 28, 13 12:38 PM
I agree. I've been driving myself crazy looking for the "3 Modes: Easy, Intermediate and Hard" and how to get the extra barrels that I see in every video. Finally I found this thread and saw that the Mac version is different. No, make that harder... much harder. You really need those barrels in the Arctic area and it's near impossible to get 3 stars on many levels.

Couple that with the bugs - especially the one where you lose lives from enemies that are no where near your fort (It's been mentioned in other posts (pc as well)) - and I'm sorry I bought this.

It was fun for awhile, but now it's just dumb that developers send out Mac versions that don't work right or have all the elements needed to win the game.

ISSUES TO FIX
"Locked towers on left side of Arctic Ocean, Levels 4, 6 and 7 and maybe more (pc and mac issue)
No Easy-Normal-Hard difficulty modes (mac)
Replaying level does not give additional barrels (mac) "
Lost lives when no enemy is even near your fort (you see the red slash lines elsewhere, but not by your fort)

[Post New]by choppy12 on Sep 7, 13 8:47 PM
I,m surprised that this game was offered for purchase with so many bugs,the Mac Version does not include the level select and the phantom ships taking hearts away,
I Enjoy this type of game and wish i could play this to the end, but the missing level select makes it near impossible,i,m hoping that Big Fish will press the developers to correct the bugs.

gracewreck
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by gracewreck on Sep 17, 13 11:51 AM
gracewreck wrote:I was really excited when I saw this game on the site, only to be let down again because the developer didn't fix the issues with the Mac versions of their other tower defense game, Royal Defense: Invisible Threat. Again, the Mac version doesn't have varying difficulty levels and again, the Mac version can't get barrels (formerly "gems") that they need to advance in the game. So AGAIN, can you please ask the developer to make an update that fixes these issues? When I asked this in the other forum, the developer fixed one issue and not the other, so it would be great if you could get them to address both issues. Thank you

I posted this over a month ago. Has anyone from Big Fish tried to contact the developer? I have, and never got a response.

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Sep 17, 13 4:13 PM
I too keep checking this discussion board hoping to find news of an update.

At the end of August I followed the advice above...

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Tech Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of the Help pages.

I was contacted Tech Support and received a very friendly reply on August 24 with this promise:

I have gone ahead and passed along the feedback so that we can let the developers know about this.

Perhaps it might help if more people contact Tech Support? I know us Mac users are the minority, but we pay the same price for the games, shouldn't we get a comparable version?

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Sep 29, 13 2:23 PM
Here's a little bit of help out there for Mac users.

I just discovered that if you play level 1-20 twice, you get a bonus of 100 barrels. That may not be enough for me to finally beat level 2-12, as I haven't been able to get even one star without sufficient upgrades, but I'll take any help I can get. This limitation on earning barrels adds another level of strategy to the game, eh?

azzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by azzie on Mar 10, 14 4:23 PM
I just purchased this game and would LOVE it the developers were contacted regarding the issues mentioned above.

Please... let us play like the PC people get to play...

Go to: