Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Butterfly reflections

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 13 3:17 AM
Irony = butterfly carrying blue bird

Scary = butterfly carrying baseball bat

Just WRONG = butterfly carrying butterfly net

The last reminds me of a "farm zoo" my daughter and I visited in England once. They had two turkeys in a nice pen. My daughter got to the enclosure before me and I heard her exclaim, "That's just SO wrong." When I got there, I saw why - the turkeys names were posted on a little sign: Onions and Sage.

Sliponshoes
Minnow
Minnow
200 Posts

Butterfly reflections

[Post New]by Sliponshoes on Aug 13, 13 4:43 AM
cat52 wrote:Irony = butterfly carrying blue bird

LOL - yeah your right!

Re:Butterfly reflections

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 13, 13 8:29 AM
Have you noticed that some of those butterflies must have turbo engines? They are sometimes hard to catch!

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

Butterfly reflections

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Aug 13, 13 11:04 AM
cat52 wrote:Irony = butterfly carrying blue bird

The last reminds me of a "farm zoo" my daughter and I visited in England once. They had two turkeys in a nice pen. My daughter got to the enclosure before me and I heard her exclaim, "That's just SO wrong." When I got there, I saw why - the turkeys names were posted on a little sign: Onions and Sage.

Yep. The butterflies carrying butterflies make me want to sing "He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother". And the ones carrying mouse traps explain how some of the others got the mice. I guess thats why Jen never catches any. What size net would you need? Could you even lift it let alone swing it?

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 11:30:52 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

Butterfly reflections

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 13, 13 2:08 PM
mellowfuzz wrote: Yep. The butterflies carrying butterflies make me want to sing "He's Not Heavy, He's My Brother".

What a nice-minded person you are! I loved that song; haven't thought about it in years. I was going to put something else for that case:

Suggestive: butterfly carrying butterfly

But I like yours more

Edited on 08/13/2013 at 2:08:34 PM PST

Puffaroo
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Puffaroo on Aug 16, 13 5:03 PM
Sapphirain wrote:Have you noticed that some of those butterflies must have turbo engines? They are sometimes hard to catch!

And some of those little suckers change back into regular butterflies RIGHT before you click on them! Arrrrgggghhhh!

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 27, 13 3:04 AM
It seems to me, that my butterflies are lazy....they always seem to come with the train. So does that mean they are riding the train or pulling it?

magicwoman1
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by magicwoman1 on Aug 27, 13 4:48 AM
You heard about that trick them more if 3 or 4 times you go to the main meny and you click continue,then u can catch lot off butterflies.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 27, 13 6:25 AM
Yep, I've done that. Most don't give anything, but it sure does look nice.

[Post New]by Tomishereagain on Aug 27, 13 10:32 AM
I've noticed recently that if you are in 'move' mode the butterflies turn sparkly faster.
The moles and fish stay away tho.

Edited on 08/27/2013 at 10:33:11 AM PST

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Aug 27, 13 10:49 AM
Tomishereagain wrote:I've noticed recently that if you are in 'move' mode the butterflies turn sparkly faster.

Aha, you've noticed that, too? I was wondering if I were just hallucinating - it's like the game is teasing you to exit move mode, zap a flutterby, re-enter move mode, exit, zap, etc.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 27, 13 8:06 PM
cat52 wrote:
Tomishereagain wrote:I've noticed recently that if you are in 'move' mode the butterflies turn sparkly faster.

Aha, you've noticed that, too? I was wondering if I were just hallucinating - it's like the game is teasing you to exit move mode, zap a flutterby, re-enter move mode, exit, zap, etc.

Exactly, I've done that many times. Can be kind of frustrating, though, if you're moving a lot of stuff.

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Aug 28, 13 9:13 AM
Yes. And if you want the mole to appear, just go into planting mode.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Aug 29, 13 1:56 AM
mellowfuzz wrote:Yes. And if you want the mole to appear, just go into planting mode.

How true!
Lately, I've had the mole and the fish pop up together. Running from one to the other can be a pain.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 7, 13 7:50 PM
Actually, I've seen the go-to-the-menu-and-return trick for getting sparkly butterflies, and it works like a charm, but it seems to me that close to (if not the same as) this result is accomplished by going into move or sell mode for a few seconds. Saves a few clicks.

[Post New]by Sapphirain on Sep 7, 13 10:44 PM
cat52 wrote:Actually, I've seen the go-to-the-menu-and-return trick for getting sparkly butterflies, and it works like a charm, but it seems to me that close to (if not the same as) this result is accomplished by going into move or sell mode for a few seconds. Saves a few clicks.

I tried the first, and almost got too many butterflies to catch!

I'll try your idea and see what happens.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 8, 13 4:52 AM
Well, after comparisons, going to the menu yields more. In order to get the number up using my way (which is how I discovered it), you have to zoom in, try to sell or move something, then leave sell/move and zoom back out. You get a fair few but not as many as with the menu/continue trick. So, in the immortal Gilda Radner's words as Emily Litella: "...never mind."

player84
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by player84 on Sep 13, 13 1:25 PM
Butterfly carrying a slice of cake = Sweet

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 15, 13 7:56 PM
Shweet! player84.

Was having another butterfly bacchanalia using the exit/continue method, and noticed suddenly these are the loudest butterflies...when you're zapping a bunch of sparkly ones, it sounds like a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Sep 17, 13 1:42 AM
...and speaking of deadly butterflies, you notice how zapping one can make others - even on the far side of the farm - stop sparkling, but sometimes even their closest neighbors keep sparkling. I conclude these are special Death Star Butterflies who put out straight-line Unsparkler Rays when they are zapped.

Edited on 09/17/2013 at 1:42:48 AM PST

Go to: