bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Finders

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 15, 13 1:20 PM
Carve a path through an unforgiving wilderness to rescue a hero trapped by a villain! As you balance time and resources, you'll also invent clever machines to accomplish special tasks, make friends with a Yeti, and prepare for the impending showdown against your enemy. Finders will provide hours of unforgettable fun!

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

Re:Finders

[Post New]by slm1948 on Aug 15, 13 4:36 PM
I'm don't generally like time management games but this one intrigues me. However, maybe because I don't play them, I can't figure out how to feed the workers. I can get them to gather the food but not eat it.

mistie4u
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by mistie4u on Aug 15, 13 4:40 PM
When you assign them a task they eat then. most tasks use 3-5 food.

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Aug 15, 13 5:27 PM
In order to make food out of berries, mushrooms, etc. you have to build a storehouse first. The food bar won't get higher until then.

Furryfury
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Furryfury on Aug 15, 13 5:42 PM
I forgot to mention the next step. Once you build the storehouse, click on it and choose the mushrooms or berries or whatever other food you have there and click on "use" and poof, it will turn into food.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 15, 13 5:50 PM
Also some of the quests have food rewards. I wandered around for ages collecting stuff (with no food) then realized I was supposed to click on the quests as well!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 15, 13 5:55 PM
Hi all...

There is a tutorial, and it pops up from time to time to tell you the different new things when those appear.

With each new level, you are shown the tasks at the left-hand side, and large green arrows point to them, until you click on each task to see what needs doing. Then the arrows go away. Once you have finished a task, click on that task box again, and you will get the resources you “won” for having finished the task.

Although it says that you have to balance time and resources, there is no timer. So this is not a TM game.

At the top of the screen you see a burger, and a number next to it, telling you how many burgers (cheese burgers? yum yum) you have left. Each action your little men do, requires a certain amount of burgers.

When you pick berries and mushrooms and nuts, they will go into your storehouse. From here you can click on either the "sell" button or "use" button. For each berry or mushroom or nut you use, you get so-and-so many burgers added to your burgers at the top.

You can either pick food from the surrounding area, or go to the forest (Woods - at the left), click on it, and select which food/water you want one of your guys to collect. So don't panic if you think there isn't enough food to pick in the immediate area. The Woods provide plenty.

--- --- ---

The graphics are really well done. Crystal clear and beautiful. You will be able to build lots of different buildings, and be able to upgrade them.

The tasks are not difficult to do. This is quite an easy game - once you get the hang of it. And because there is no time limit, you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy this fun game.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Aug 15, 13 6:06 PM
Thanks, everyone. I will give it another try. Since there is no timer, this is a real good one for an inexperienced player like myself.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Aug 16, 13 6:56 AM
Wow! What a fun game!

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Aug 16, 13 8:18 AM
Ok, so one must build a warehouse to store/use food. So how does one build the store house? I've collected, at an agonizingly slow pace, lumber and stone, but the storehouse is still "unavailable".
This game is the worst...no instructions whatsoever.

[Post New]by MemorableMovies on Aug 16, 13 5:02 PM
I'm in the same position as KGDBLU. It says not available to build the storehouse. What must be done in order for it to become available?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 16, 13 6:59 PM
The tutorial should tell you when you should click on that icon at the bottom left, which is for the different buildings. Click on it, and select the "Storehouse". Then put it anywhere on your island.

Hope this helps.

slm1948
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
490 Posts

[Post New]by slm1948 on Aug 17, 13 6:04 AM
Once you buy a stove, you can make tea out of collected berries and herbs. Then you use it from the store house to make the workers move faster. And it's important to do the tasks in order to progress. I usually focus one worker completely on the task, then spare workers on food next and making money last, unless it's required for the task. If they drag their feet too much, I make them tea. If food becomes an issue, I send someone to the store in the car I fixed in one task.

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 22, 13 5:40 AM
Valdy wrote:The tutorial should tell you when you should click on that icon at the bottom left, which is for the different buildings. Click on it, and select the "Storehouse". Then put it anywhere on your island.

Hope this helps.

The icon at bottom left opens into a window saying what you can buy for the camp - tents etc - and for each thing it will either give you a "buy" option, or will tell you why. You'll sometimes see "not available", or "not enough resources". Against each icon there's a counter, so you can see how many tents you are going to be able to buy, for example.

The same thing applies for the other tab in the window - vehicles. These become available as the game tells you to buy them.

(added) I forgot to say: when you are finding a place to put a tent/grill/whatever, look carefully at the little blue squares underneath the icon. If one or more is pink, you can't build it there. Don't forget it needs a person to build it - if they are all collecting stuff in the woods, you can't do it!

However, it's possible to move the item after it's built, the second icon from the left, at the bottom, allows this. Click there, then click the thing you want to move, when in the right place click ONCE, then go to the tick-thing just to the left, and click again.

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 5:44:42 AM PST

Go to: