bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 15, 13 4:05 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

lmhagood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by lmhagood on Aug 15, 13 4:10 PM
I'm on a Macbook Pro w/ Retina display running OS 10.8.4, 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7. Game crashes on start-up every single time I try to run game. I uninstalled game and re-downloaded and am still having same issue.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Kingdom of Despair CE technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 15, 13 4:27 PM
Hi lmhagood,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening. It looks like your computer should definitely be able to handle the game, so that's an odd error. If you'd like, I recommend getting in touch with our Mac Support Team so they can take a closer look at that for you. They should be able to offer some additional troubleshooting steps to try, and hopefully they can get you back to gaming!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 11:26:47 AM PST

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Aug 15, 13 9:45 PM
Could not get the game to start, despite uninstalling and re-installing twice. Would not even open. Mac OS 10.6.8, so should work. All other games work; everything up to date. This has happened a few other times with other games, but no one was ever able to figure out the reason.

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Aug 16, 13 12:35 AM
As with the previous Orneon game released this year, Secrets of the Dark: Ancestral Estate, the screen resolution is a pain. Black bars top and bottom, the Aspect Ratio doesn't work. I've tried everything but because of the way the game has been programmed, there is nothing I can do. Trying to play a HO scene is a nightmare - everything is so small. I used to love Orneon games, I have all the other Echoes of the Past games, they fill my screen with no problem and I really enjoy playing them, but this is a no buy for me. Such a shame. My PC is quite old, with Windows XP but I have no trouble playing any of the other games I've bought recently. If other developers can provide games that 'stretch to fit' all screens, why can't they??

[Post New]by chassfizz on Aug 16, 13 1:31 AM
I am having the same problem with this game as I did with the previous Orneon game, black bars top and bottom of the screen and then when I click on aspect ratio the screen turns black with an alert message. I now can't get rid of the black screen to get to the options page to uncheck aspect ratio. However, even if I could it wouldn't do any good as the small stretched screen is useless. I used to build websites professionally and we had to ensure sites worked with a variety of browsers and screens. Other developers manage to build games to do this so why can't Orneon?

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Aug 16, 13 3:55 AM
I got a glitch in the game with the glass cutter. I had the cutter and then did a repair the machine mini game. I left that mini game before it was done since the hints weren't working right. When I got back in the mini game the cutter was gone! I didn't use it yet to get one of the blue crystals so I can't go forward with the game. I'm not going to make another profile since its happens so late in the main game.

bajacalla
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by bajacalla on Aug 16, 13 8:20 AM
wish I could play it, but unfortunately it is another one of those games that will not display correctly on my screen, in spite of *all suggestions* from the techs. I don't know what the common denominator is, but it's really frustrating.

I think I'll just cross Ormeon's games off my list in the future. I'm really not interested in an extended email session with tech support that basically ends with them shrugging their shoulders and me still not being able to get the game to display correctly.

HonkyCat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by HonkyCat on Aug 16, 13 8:45 AM
tarrocket wrote:I got a glitch in the game with the glass cutter. I had the cutter and then did a repair the machine mini game. I left that mini game before it was done since the hints weren't working right. When I got back in the mini game the cutter was gone! I didn't use it yet to get one of the blue crystals so I can't go forward with the game. I'm not going to make another profile since its happens so late in the main game.

I am having the exact same problem.. too far into it to restart, is there a fix for this?? Ive went thru all the levels again to try and retrieve the glass cutter with no luck and hints says try elsewhere, nothing to do there

calf905
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by calf905 on Aug 16, 13 8:48 AM
I am having the same problem. Installed open and it immediately closes. Plus I bought this game thinking that it would be ok. Not. Need help!!

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Aug 16, 13 10:18 AM
I've also mislaid my glass cutter and am stuck with nowhere to go. Any ideas (short of re-starting) would be great, as this is a really good game!

lmhagood
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by lmhagood on Aug 16, 13 10:59 AM
To bfgSeine

When I click your link to "Mac Support Team" it just directs me to the Forums page...not any sort of "Mac Support" page.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 16, 13 11:26 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues in your games.

emery419, As far as I'm aware, the game should work on your Mac. I'd suggest contacting our dedicated Mac Support Team with those details, one of our Reps would be happy to offer some advice to help sort this out.

annedelny I'm sorry the recent Orneon game releases aren't displaying properly for you. I would suggest checking for relevant updates on your computer, to ensure that the games are communicating properly with your system.

bajacalla, I can definitely understand not wanting to continue a communication when it feels like the issue isn't going to be resolved. If you want to give troubleshooting another go, we'll definitely do our best to help sort this issue out. To do that just reply to the latest email you've receive from Customer Support and let the Rep know that you would like to continue troubleshooting.

calf905, I'd like to try having you run the game as an administrator to ensure that it has the permissions it needs to run correctly.

To those of you who are experiencing items disappearing, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your games. This will ensure that all of the files are installed correctly (there's no need to worry, there shouldn't be any progress lost in your games).

If these suggestions don't work, please contact our Tech Support Team, with a Dr. Felix Report, so they can take a closer look at what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by nannamom on Aug 16, 13 2:38 PM
"program Echos of the Past: Kingdom of Dispare CE is requiring a cd to play the game and having trouble with not seeing some of the words at the bottom of the screen so I really am lost as to how to play this game" the game appears and I can play some of the game but it is a big guessing game as to how to play it. every so often the game will go black I have to close it and then restart the game. If it is suppose to have a cd with it why wasn't it also recommended to the consumer. I too have all the Echoes and this is the first one I have had problems with . I have an Intel Pentium CPU G2030@3.00GHz processor with 4.00 GB installed memory and a 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor. All my other games play with no problem so if I need a cd how do I go about and get it. I have uninstalled the game twice and reinstalled it but still no words just a black line at the bottom where the conversation would go. loved all the other games but this one is very much a challenge .

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 2:41:52 PM PST

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Aug 16, 13 10:45 PM
Like others, I'm in the final section and the glass cutter has disappeared.

kaz85802
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by kaz85802 on Aug 17, 13 12:04 AM
I've just tried the uninstall/re-install suggestion. You're right that game progress is saved ..... but unfortunately I still don't have the glass cutter or anything else to do! Help!

ElderJen
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by ElderJen on Aug 17, 13 12:11 AM
This is the second game this year that will not open for me and I just get the out of range message. I know it is because I use the widescreen TV as my monitor but I do not have this problem with any other games (except for just one previously). There is no point in having TV's compatible with computers if developers and programmers do not cater for them. I am not fretting as I have so many other wonderful games that I can play here but I just would like developers to take note.

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Aug 17, 13 5:44 AM
ElderJen wrote:This is the second game this year that will not open for me and I just get the out of range message. I know it is because I use the widescreen TV as my monitor but I do not have this problem with any other games (except for just one previously). There is no point in having TV's compatible with computers if developers and programmers do not cater for them. I am not fretting as I have so many other wonderful games that I can play here but I just would like developers to take note.

I don't know as it is your TV that is the cause of your problem. I am running a 22" LCD monitor and getting the "out of range" error as well.

- 22" LCD monitor
- 1680 x 1050 resolution
- 32 bit true color
- default text size (smaller - 100%)
- custom DPI setting 9pt segoe UI at 96 pixels per inch
- drivers up to date

I've changed my screen resolution to various sizes but it didn't help. I also fiddled with the execution file for this game by changing its compatibility settings, text size, etc. but it didn't help.

This gets so frustrating. I own all the previous Echoes games and they work just fine. Why not this one?

Aveda5
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aveda5 on Aug 17, 13 2:13 PM
tarrocket wrote:I got a glitch in the game with the glass cutter. I had the cutter and then did a repair the machine mini game. I left that mini game before it was done since the hints weren't working right. When I got back in the mini game the cutter was gone! I didn't use it yet to get one of the blue crystals so I can't go forward with the game. I'm not going to make another profile since its happens so late in the main game.

I also am unable to finish the game, disappointing!!!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 3:57 PM
GLASS CUTTER ISSUE

Don't panic, people! There are TWO glass cutters in this game! One that you get with a pile of tools that you use on the mechanical mini game in the wall in which you receive the planet.

The other one you get in the barn in the last "bracelet" door, where the creepy little girl is. If you haven't gone there yet, relax, YOU WILL, just keep on with your game!!! You give up too quickly - keep at it!!!

ETA: DISREGARD this post - apparently this IS indeed a glitch! My apologies!

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 8:40:07 PM PST

Go to: