bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Finders technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 15, 13 4:12 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any Finders technical issues here only

[Post New]by Megscows on Aug 15, 13 5:17 PM
for some reason, I am not able to catch fish. I keep running out of bread because of my attempts. I press and hold the strike button until it's green and in between the red lines and I never catch a fish no matter what. I've tried dozens of times to no avail. I think it's a technical glitch unless I"m doing something incorrectly.

suki26
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by suki26 on Aug 15, 13 5:55 PM
My game seems to have stopped working, as in I'm not getting any more tasks to complete, yet I haven't finished the game.

I'm on the forth island, and have just bought the balloon, but nothing has come up to do anything with it.

The guy is shooting at my crane, but there's nothing I can do, except keep collecting stuff, making food etc.

I'm playing on PC, with Windows 7.

Edited on 08/15/2013 at 5:56:29 PM PST

[Post New]by sunkingsolstice on Aug 15, 13 6:16 PM
Played the game for a while and exited out of it.....now when I try to play the game freezes after clicking start in the game menu. No way out of the freeze except to reboot my laptop. Deleted the game and downloaded it again but have the same issue....any others? Ideas??

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Aug 15, 13 6:22 PM
Having the same issue as suki26 - on the fourth island with the crane and bad guy.

I have lvl'd up many times; the xp counter does tick over and I get told congratulations but does not show the next number lvl 29 to lvl 30 just sits on lvl 29. There are a few repeat quests that are coming up but no progression in the game to be able to finish.

The game is not crashing, freezing or blank screen in fact it runs beautifully just will not progress to the finish of the game.

This is being played on a gaming computer well beyond min requirements and kept up to date with all drivers and programs running win7 64 bit.

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 1:33:34 AM PST

mr7933
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mr7933 on Aug 15, 13 10:00 PM
I played the full hour demo and liked the game. When the hour was up and the game stopped, I used a credit to purchase. The game completely restarted and my profile isn't even there. What happened to the hour I played before I purchased it? I kind of don't even want the game now if I have to go through all that again. Is there a way to get it back?

[Post New]by ironic_beauty197 on Aug 16, 13 1:10 AM
Megscows wrote:for some reason, I am not able to catch fish. I keep running out of bread because of my attempts. I press and hold the strike button until it's green and in between the red lines and I never catch a fish no matter what. I've tried dozens of times to no avail. I think it's a technical glitch unless I"m doing something incorrectly.

I had issues with the fishing at first also. I found out you need to continue to click the strike button over and over. Sometimes holding it down for short intervals or just rapid clicking to keep it in the green. It takes a bit but you will catch a fish this way and not waste the bread.

[Post New]by Autolykos on Aug 16, 13 1:23 AM
When going to a new island for the first time, the game:
A: Takes all my building with me, when I think it is only supposed to take a couple tents
B: Takes terrain features (snow mounds, lab, mines, crevasses, etc) of the previous island with me to the new island. These are fully clickable on the new island.
C: Does NOT show the necessary quest items on the new island. Some terrain features, like herbs and rocks show up, but not the bigger Quest necessary items like the lab in island 2 or the pier in island 3.

This happened going from island 1 to 2 the first time I played. I restarted the whole thing and 1 to 2 went fine, but then it happened going from island 2 to 3. Don't want to try again unless resolved. Please advise.

[Post New]by jamiesherman on Aug 16, 13 9:31 AM
I am having the same issue as bichy and suki26. I restarted the game under a different profile to see if I could get it to work the second time through. When I was on the second island, I had a quest for the humanitarian aid container which I didn't start. I went to the third island thinking I could complete it there, but now the container isn't showing up in the storehouse, so I'm unable to complete this quest. Any suggestions?

peh4psu
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by peh4psu on Aug 16, 13 9:47 AM
I am at level 8 and have caught quite a few fish. But in this level, I only get the strike button, no bar. I keep hitting strike, but still get no bar to try to keep it in the green? restarting the game...hopefully it will let me fish this time!

Worked after I restarted the game?

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 9:49:46 AM PST

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Aug 17, 13 2:39 AM
I have the same issue as Mr7933 - just bought the game and have to start all over again . Why is my profile gone? The game is fun, but I don't want to play the first hour all over.

Mercurie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mercurie on Aug 17, 13 4:29 PM
having the same problem as suki26

The bad guy is firing the crane which isn't ready yet..
And no xp points to level up from level 31... Some tasks popping randomly up every now and then...

Is there a bug ?!?
Had to already once start the whole game all over as when I first time reached 4th island there was no gate at all...

And also I was suprised to find out that after playing the demo the profile was gone when I bought the game...

now it seems I can't finish the game ?! THIS SUCKS

bichy
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by bichy on Aug 17, 13 11:03 PM
I have now started the game over 5 times - twice I have been able to finish it and 3 times it has stopped giving quests or bugged out in some way.

The two times I have been able to complete the game are the two times I have not done the "humanitarian crate" quest (where you get a huge crate from the store house have to give it lots of items / gold). As soon as I do this quest the game bugs out. Coincidence - maybe but that is what I have noticed.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 18, 13 9:00 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are running into problems with being able to complete the game. If you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game already, please let our Tech Support Team know about that so they can take a closer look at the problem for you.

Hopefully they can get you back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

FORTUNATUS
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by FORTUNATUS on Aug 18, 13 12:17 PM
On the third Island and now when I start the game I get the intro screen and then while "loading" (the circular moving screen), it gets STUCK and doesn't load from there.

ERRRRRRRRRRRR

So I have to start the WHOLE GAME all over and LOSE my progress!!??

There clearly is a bug that needs a PATCH here.

PS: I've NEVER had a game, EVER from BFG that has had a problem on my system.

Windows 7 Professional 64

[Post New]by sixteenth5 on Aug 18, 13 12:35 PM
I got to the forth island and my mine froze. I cannot get the blocks to move and I cannot descend in the mine to collect more ore and gold so I am stuck on the island as I cannot complete the quest.

[Post New]by GrizzlyAnn on Aug 18, 13 5:06 PM
After selecting 'start' on the main menu, the game won't load. The circle just turns and turns forever.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 2:36 AM
Heya Everyone,

FORTUNATUS - I can definitely understand how frustrating this must be! It could help to try here the game as this will refresh your game files and might clear the problems your game has to load.

sixteenth5 and GrizzlyAnn - Welcome to the Forums! It sounds like your computers might have some problems to process the game. This often happens when some of the software on your computer could do with a small update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

cele3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by cele3 on Aug 20, 13 6:51 PM
On the third island, I have fired off all 8 fireworks, but it seems to think I've fired only 7. I have no option to buy any more fireworks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 21, 13 4:53 AM
cele3 - It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at this with you!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Go to: