Reviews for Finders

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Reviews for Finders

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 15, 13 4:12 PM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of Finders? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Finders page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgSeine

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Reviews for Finders

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 15, 13 4:12 PM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

Thank you!

bfgSeine

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 15, 13 6:16 PM
Finders game...IMO...one of the worst game to come along! ...the turtorial was vague & left u doing a WHAT! ... I am not sure who checked this out before release but its not what I would pay even as a DD...So it keep telling me to 'collect food now!' to have workers 'work' faster...only four workers at that time so very in need of more considering how much space to cover to get task done! ...sending them to the woods to collect was counter productive as u lose those in collecting the other needs...catching fish was funny when the game said 'need bread?' for that to happen, saw no place to even find items to cook this!...Not sure but searched for any stradegy guide elsewhere to no avail!...Well I could go on but still am dumbfounded by the star rating on the front page for this game. Sorry wish I could have had a better experience

Lets...

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Aug 15, 13 6:47 PM
I have to agree with letsdoit. What tutorial? How do you get food? collecting the berry and nuts takes more food then it gives. How do I get bread? I found this game an exercise in frustration. That was only after 30 min.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Aug 15, 13 7:26 PM
This is actually a REALLY GOOD GAME!
Sure it takes a bit of working out but for me it was a good challenge. It looks to be a long one too. It is not a hold you by the hand type of game. If you like fast paced games you may not like this one and yes, the fishing got a bit tedious.
And the cost of food is not more than what you get. You do build up resources.
You make bread by building a well to get water and buying flour with your truck after you have fixed it.You need to get the hang of it to start playing.
I do recommend you give it a try. If you liked Adelantado or Island Castaway you may like this too.

[Post New]by ironic_beauty197 on Aug 16, 13 1:30 AM
Finders is not your typical TM game but more of an island search, discover, build type of game. The tutorial isn't the best and figuring out how to complete some tasks took a little bit of brain power. I enjoyed the relax atmosphere and how each time you complete a task it doesn't take you to a completely different map. You build on the map you first crash onto and once you build it up to capacity you move on to another one. There is a good bit of the game that is more realistic than is normal for these types of games. It cost food to gather food and in order to actually use the food you have to go into the storage house and select it. Some of the numbers seem off as you do receive more when you gather than you spent actually doing the task. There isn't a tutorial or help menu that you can go back to if you miss something which would be nice but since it isn't time sensitive it allows you to figure it out as you play. When it comes to cooking or activity task the instructions are almost nonexistent but if there is an item for cooking you can't find it is most likely something you need to purchase. Clicking on your vehicle once you repair it will send it to town to get the things you can not gather. Certain food items can be used as power ups and are very helpful when gathering as you gain extra when you use them. The graphics are cute a bright and the music is non obtrusive though I did turn it down a bit. The story is unique and engaging. I would like to see more instructions with the game as it is quite extensive but all in all I really enjoyed it and bought it as soon as the demo was over. You will barely get started when you finish the demo as there is so much to the game. It is worth the hour to see if it is something you would enjoy. Not a fast game in the least but perfect for a long lazy afternoon.

katyshrimp
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by katyshrimp on Aug 16, 13 2:29 AM
I too found the first try frustrating but them some hints from the forum pointed me in the right direction and WOW what a difference! This will deffinately be a buy for me. Remember to click on the left hand button when you finish a task and you'll be enjoyng this game to it's full potential.

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Aug 16, 13 2:31 AM
I started feeling very frustrated with this game, but like katyshrimp once I became more accustomed to it, am really enjoying it.

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Aug 16, 13 2:44 AM
letsdoit wrote:Finders game...IMO...one of the worst game to come along! ...the turtorial was vague & left u doing a WHAT! ... I am not sure who checked this out before release but its not what I would pay even as a DD...So it keep telling me to 'collect food now!' to have workers 'work' faster...only four workers at that time so very in need of more considering how much space to cover to get task done! ...sending them to the woods to collect was counter productive as u lose those in collecting the other needs...catching fish was funny when the game said 'need bread?' for that to happen, saw no place to even find items to cook this!...Not sure but searched for any stradegy guide elsewhere to no avail!...Well I could go on but still am dumbfounded by the star rating on the front page for this game. Sorry wish I could have had a better experience

Lets...

When I first did demo I play half of it, flustrated, no tips were available at the time...I have Adelantado & Island Castaway ... have replayed both...luv them...I may try again but would purchase only on a 'sale'...not sure...but thanks for the replys...Lets

[Post New]by mammamia21099 on Aug 16, 13 4:03 AM
If they had given us decent directions, this would have been a top notch game!

This was an adventure game reminiscent of The Island Castaway games. In this one, your group has crash landed on an Island and you must figure out how to provide medical and food supplies for your injured group.
The game has awful directions, I will say that, but it is not hard to figure out. On the left side of your screen you will see your "quests". Click on them to find out what to do, when you have completed it go back to the quest and click complete, it will credit you with experience and give you more quests to complete. There is a "mine" in each section of the game, and in these mines are the mini games. Those have fair directions, but the directions on the main part of the game are sorely lacking. That is my only complaint so far.
There are no timers, so you can go at your own pace. I enjoyed it tremendously. Hope you enjoy it as well!

I recommend this game!

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 4:04:42 AM PST

doylebaby
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by doylebaby on Aug 16, 13 7:47 AM
I liked the graphics and the calm pace of the game, but as many people have said the tutorial is very poor. I don't need to be taken by the hand to get every 'quest' done, but trying to figure out what to do is quite hard.

Since I'm older I had never played a game like this before, luckily my son was able to 'show me the way', but even then some things remained a mystery.

This could be a real joy to play with a GOOD tutorial, now it just leaves a lot of people guessing and getting really frustrated.

KGDBLU
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by KGDBLU on Aug 16, 13 8:30 AM
I consider myself a relatively savvy gamer, but this awful game has left me flummoxed. The "tutorial" is a joke and a very bad one at that. I used the entire hour of free play trying to figure out the sequence mechanics. Food gathered but not able to be consumed by the characters. Materials gathered (stone and lumber), but to what end?
If **** was trying to create a game that engenders high levels of frustration in their customers, they aced it.
I wholeheartedly DO NOT recommend this game.

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Aug 16, 13 10:56 PM
Tragedy game, unless u have TONS TONS TONS of patience, its not recommended to play this game. Graphics is ok, but not much tutorial and gathering food requires food in fact. Found out that it was more worth it to built a grill which automatically gives 10 food per ???

Frustrating at most, but if u like it, get w free stamp

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Aug 18, 13 6:57 AM
I'm not sure whether the game bugged out or the tutorial stopped after rescuing the 4 workers?? It stopped giving me any hints or quests or anything - I merely gathered some food and chopped down trees for 15 minutes and then quit.

The worst thing is the graphics. Again, I can't see anyone complaining, so maybe this was a bug. The game was extremely fuzzy and blurry. Small texts were unreadable!! When I switched to windowed mode, the window was tiny - maybe 600px wide. It looked like a phone resolution, not something intended to be played on PC.

I usually like this type of games, but the blurriness and zero objectives make it a no-buy. Extremely disappointed.

SierraNV
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,208 Posts

[Post New]by SierraNV on Aug 19, 13 6:55 AM
It became more and more about building up resources that were not used which was unfortunate as I really enjoyed it in the beginning. I have deleted it as I don't want to see it in the future and start playing; forgetting that it turned into a click fest for no reason.

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Aug 19, 13 8:47 PM
This game is really fun. You're going to spend a few minutes figuring it out, or just checking here in the forum for tips, because they didn't put in a tutorial which always bites the developers in the behind unfortunately. It's too bad because on this game once you figure out the game play it's actually pretty fun. Just do the tasks in order as they come up and then don't forget to click again on the left side of the screen on each completed task once they're done and collect the rewards. It's best to do that until you get the supply tent built because you can't convert harvested food into usable food/money until you have it. You don't want to waste food early on collecting a bunch of wood and rocks you don't need. If you want to have fun, just be curious and try things out and see what works and then restart with a new profile once you have the game mechanics down. If you take it easy and don't let yourself get overly frustrated you will probably end up enjoying this game a lot if you like these exploring style games. Personally I really liked figuring things out for myself. Lots of people don't but for those who want to problem solve this could be the ticket to a fun time.

[Post New]by Blooming_Lilac on Aug 20, 13 9:57 AM
I tried this game for a few minutes and found it painfully slow, but after reading the reviews, I decided to give it more time. I bought it because I've been looking for more games like The Island Castaway series. This game's story isn't as good, in my opinion, but I liked the cute, colorful graphics.

I finally figured out what I was supposed to do. I've been playing for hours and just reached level 22 in the 3rd and final location (...I think...). I'll finish playing it eventually, if only to see how it ends. It's just really not my kind of game. The fishing mini-game is annoying, to say the least, not to mention that I've had to play it several times to complete the same quest over and over. (There are supposedly 100 quests in the game, but several of them are repetitive/repeated. Example: Catch 10 fish. Make fish soup. Serve fish soup.)

On top of that, there's the match 3 game in the caves that you have to play to collect some resources. It's not complicated. I simply don't care for match 3 game-play. It's really nicely done, though.

The game runs smoothly. I haven't had any problems with it at all. If you like match 3 games and resource management, you will probably enjoy Finders. It's not a time management game. You can play the entire game at your own pace.

I turned the music down just so that I could barely hear it as it sounds too "country-ish" for me. The game fits my widescreen monitor just fine.

Tip: When you get the store house built and the game tells you to collect food, you have to not only gather it, but click the store house and then click "use" on the edible items. The tutorial is definitely not very clear. However, most of the tasks are very simple, and you can eventually move your buildings around to design your camps after you clear away the obstacles.

I recommend you try the demo to see if it's your kind of game.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Aug 21, 13 1:20 PM
I have played it through twice. It took me quite a while to figure out what was what. There are some good tips in the forum to help with the tricky bits. I really like it.
I am so glad to finally find a game that is not all evil, doom and dark scenes. My poor old eyes can't hardly take the gloomy HOG games any more.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Finders

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 24, 13 7:37 PM
I could get by w/ the inadequate instructions--I had my people glaring and starving even as they collected food because I couldn't yet go into the building to "Use" it, but that passed.

However, the eye-hand dexterity requirement (and figuring out what the target is) for the Fishing project proved beyond me. I'm very glad it came 50 minutes into the demo so that I'm not having to demand a refund from Felix.

[Post New]by Hookedongamz on Aug 30, 13 6:04 PM
I hesitated trying this game, but am glad I did. The graphics are lacking and the instructions are in very tiny print, but this is actually a very fun and at times challenging game. I'm really enjoying it. I also felt the same about Hero of the Kingdom and am glad I bought that one too, because it's one I re-play from time to time.

Go to: