Where are you at??

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Where are you at??

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 15, 13 5:35 PM
Yay!! I've managed to fix the portal and get to Paris but I still haven't got to the key yet to the Magic Gates. I have a few quests about wizard battling now and I suspect it must be linked to this area, as I can't get an opponent yet.

I'm still sending out all the Friend/neighbour invitations I can, but I still have only one ... but we are sending and receiving daily gifts.

I'm at level 17.... how is everyone else doing???

Edited on 08/15/2013 at 5:35:56 PM PST

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

Re:Where are you at??

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 15, 13 5:42 PM
Level 12 and still plugging away, hopefully I'll get a response for a friend soon. Wish I could send and invite to someone specific and not the random selection. Glad to hear you're doing good, maybe we'll bump into one another. )

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 15, 13 5:53 PM
I hope so LadyLavender .. it has to be only a matter of time before one of us gets randomly generated to the other.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 15, 13 7:44 PM
Add me to the need for neighbors - level 30 - still no one - boo hoo! However, I really like this game - I have been investigating the hobbit home - lots of fun!

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 15, 13 10:11 PM
I seem to be stuck at two places. I am getting pretty good at one place and going blind in the other. I don't understand the portal thing either.

Anyone helped the unicorn or trees or whatever. (kind of reminds me of the floaters in Found) ?

LadyLavander
Minnow
Minnow
224 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLavander on Aug 16, 13 9:37 AM
You need to help them, they give you items you need and can only get from them or buy in the store. Pretty easy but some want your energy.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 16, 13 1:14 PM
Still no friends for me, and i am lowly level 9 i think. my energy goes so fast and takes forever to regen, yuck. so i will level more sooner or later.

wishing you all tons of luck and happy leveling and battles (if and when you can) .

off to go hit the random friends and see if i can get one outta this group

/waves at haven and rumbi and lady.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 16, 13 9:22 PM
Burnettchic, Rumbi, Lady and Govols,

Hang in there - if you do some Runes and dragon labyrinth, that can be fun, too.

Happy gaming this weekend!

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 18, 13 5:45 PM
hmmm now for my dilemma:

had rl junk and have not been here or on game so am still level 9 but.... keeping that in mind should i just go ahead and use the acct that has forum access?? which is this one... gimme your honest opinion..... i will prob use the one i started last week as a boredom get away zone and this name as my actual Rooms name. that is what i am leaning towards, but just wondering what you all would suggest.

thnx

edit so this is what i mean:

A - use this one and start fresh plus be easier to hop on forums and chk messages here.

B - use the one there now and have to remember to switch to come to forums

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 8:10:54 AM PST

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 18, 13 6:42 PM
Finally made it to level 8. I have 1 friend besides Elvira so maybe it can be done eventually.

What are the purpose of the runes ?

I am not sure I like upside down mode. It makes my eyes go loopy

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 19, 13 8:40 AM
There are 2 kinds of runes: Mayan, which are used over at the Rune Stone (you'll get a quest). In that area, you use the stones to move a marker around the board to pick up items for artifacts. It is fun, in that you have to plot your path based on the rune stones you have. HOWEVER, it can get expensive if you don't have the necessary stones and you decide to "buy" additional ones.

There are also Beast runes, which are used at the Dragon stone. Again, you'll get a quest. That is a labyrinth with clouds, so you cannot see where the dragon is until you get rid of some of the clouds by matching beast runes. Same HOWEVER as above.

The Mayan one renews every 5 hours, the Dragon one every 24. There are 3 different dragon labyrinths.

I STILL do not have any neighbors! I don't know how many invites I've sent out, but no replies. Is it my name????

Burnett, I would use the name you've started the game with, and perhaps just have a tab that you can jump to for checking the forums. Your choice, of course!

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 9:33:12 AM PST

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Aug 19, 13 8:47 AM
burnettchic318 wrote:hmmm now for my dilemma:

had rl junk and have not been here or on game so am still level 9 but.... keeping that in mind should i just go ahead and use the acct that has forum access?? which is this one... gimme your honest opinion..... i will prob use the one i started last week as a boredom get away zone and this name as my actual Rooms name. that is what i am leaning towards, but just wondering what you all would suggest.

thnx

edit so this is what i mean:

A - use this one and start fresh plus be easier to hop on forums and chk messages here.

B - use the one there now and have to remember to switch to come to forums

Oooo that's a hard one. I don't think you can restart this game from the beginning.. I haven't been able to find the save files for it.... yet!

I'd go with the one you are enjoying playing

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 19, 13 9:16 AM
fairhavenfish01 wrote:

I STILL do not have any neighbors! I don't know how many invites I've sent out, but no replies. Is it my name????

Burnett, I would use the name you've started the game with, and perhaps just have a tab that you can jump to for checking the forums. Your choice, of course!

nah, you got a gr8 name, just think it is hard to get active names from the random generator.

and as far as the name i will be using, i tried to use the one i started with and have the forums opened under this name and it don't work. so i have to constantly close out the one acct to open the other to use the forums, and yup a pain in the rear. lol

@ rumbi - i dont think that starting over will be a biggie for me since i am still only level 9 (just a babe in the land of memories) and also since i have kicked myself over and over for making bad choices early on.

yeah.. really think that will be my best bet, that way I can just log on one thing and do what i need to thru the day and not think about it.

sooooooooo.............. that being said... if you see burnettchic318 as a random or if/when we can add, that is me and looking forward to friends..

now to go and have alfred make me a gallon of coffee, gonna be a long few hours to hit my levels and do my daily.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 19, 13 9:35 AM
Burnettchic318,

Yup - on my 2nd cuppa....

Liv4zen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Liv4zen on Aug 19, 13 11:00 AM
It just struck me - that the headline indicates a presentation.
I will still follow up on my game-level reply though;

On BF i am at level 13
Elvira is my only neighbour.

On Facebook i started 2 days ago... i think ???
I am now level 11 and have a "real" neighbour besides Elvira.
I have tried the battle and the other competetion, that takes 4 random players
to search selected items within a short timeframe.
I like that one - but it is annoying that i am up against "heavy" players - levels
30 and more.

Anyway -
i am considering to use BF as a practice-game.... and get improved time on FB.

In REAL life - i am (surprice surprice)
woman, 44 years,
single - not searching,
2 cats with diabetes - and they are my "children".

I am thinking about sharing my FB profile for you - who is also careful about your
data and rather have a chosen few neighbours than loads.

Liv.

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 19, 13 2:55 PM
Liv4zen wrote:It just struck me - that the headline indicates a presentation.
I will still follow up on my game-level reply though;

On BF i am at level 13
Elvira is my only neighbour.

On Facebook i started 2 days ago... i think ???
I am now level 11 and have a "real" neighbour besides Elvira.
I have tried the battle and the other competetion, that takes 4 random players
to search selected items within a short timeframe.
I like that one - but it is annoying that i am up against "heavy" players - levels
30 and more.

Anyway -
i am considering to use BF as a practice-game.... and get improved time on FB.

In REAL life - i am (surprice surprice)
woman, 44 years,
single - not searching,
2 cats with diabetes - and they are my "children".

I am thinking about sharing my FB profile for you - who is also careful about your
data and rather have a chosen few neighbours than loads.

Liv.

only hit fb to do junk w/my mom to make sure she understands junk.

i am 47, female , no kiddies and live w/parents for all our health issues. other than that, i am just dandy.

am lvl 6 now on burnettchic318, so not too shabby.. and haven?/?? WHERE IS THE COFFEE? alfred said he sent you w/the pot..

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 20, 13 9:22 AM
Is there a way to earn keys to enter the different places. I went ahead and bought a key to enter the cellar but now I have a bunch of tasks for the basement. Seems to be a lot of money to buy them. Can they be found somewhere ?

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Aug 20, 13 9:59 AM
govols2,

The keys are interesting - some can be made from artifacts (they get put together to form relics). Others seem to pop up in quests - most I have bought because I couldn't find them anywhere, but I may not be looking in the right places or just haven't gotten the right quests yet. Sometimes when I level up it tells me I now have access to certain locations, but can't find the locations referred to - there are a lot of mysteries to how this game functions.

I would say that if you don't have enough coins to buy a key, DON'T spend diamonds - they are more useful for charging artifacts, although you need to look in the store and see if it is cheaper per unit to buy for diamonds there rather than a one-off at the time you need something. You might be better off just revisiting locations to earn coins to get the keys - it will take longer to go through the quests, but they seem never-ending. Also, use collected coins to buy runes - don't use your diamonds for this, as you'll need them to buy the food to give to the animals and dragons in the labyrinths.

I am now level 33 in this game here at BFG. Only have 1 neighbor, Elvira. I keep sending out invites!

In real life, I am female - dare I say I'm 60?
Retired - live in Florida with hubby (also retired and has health issues) and 2 cats.
Son (only child) is Senior at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He will graduate in May with a degree in political science at the age of 33 (he spent some years after high school in the US Army Infantry - 2 tours in Iraq.) He wants to go to grad school.

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Aug 20, 13 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info fairhaven. I guess I will eventually get there. Getting aggravated with the ghosts now. I don't have near enough things to make the ghost catcher and the places aren't giving them out.

I am in Florida also. NW Florida

[Post New]by burnettchic318 on Aug 20, 13 1:35 PM
govols2 wrote:Is there a way to earn keys to enter the different places. I went ahead and bought a key to enter the cellar but now I have a bunch of tasks for the basement. Seems to be a lot of money to buy them. Can they be found somewhere ?

the keys are confusing me as well. why you ask??? the first time you see a key (after you use the one they had you find) the descriptions says: either purhase or find keys by exploring different areas of the property, well i personally keep looking at the different things that each location can possibly drop ( study, cellar and library are all i have open so far - i wont use my diamonds for a key and used my coins for potions and for runes to try to get some decent ones and that didn't work (le sigh :'() - so i am just lurking the areas i can do and hope to see a key as a possible drop, which they indicated was a chance of happening.

p. s. i double checked what i thought i saw when i started my other acct and yup, that is what i read. you can either buy or find a key and so far other than that first key, i have not seen any drop or any listed as a possible drop, but i keep looking. .

@ fair - wow!!! you just moving right along. lol well i hit level 8 today on burnettchic318 so i can't complain. granted i cant do alot cuz have really yucky energy and goofed on coin spending, but it is all good. still trying like mad to get a neighbor other than elvira.. she is no fun, she has too many ghosts and i dont have enuf ghost fighting equipment...... yet.

Go to: