Catching fish?

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Catching fish?

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 15, 13 5:48 PM
I've tried every possible combo on the catching fish quest and haven't caught one. Any suggestions?

Okami
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Catching fish?

[Post New]by Okami on Aug 15, 13 6:09 PM
This is just a matter of not holding the click down too long or too short. Keep the bars in the green zone.

[Post New]by Jacdob on Aug 15, 13 7:45 PM
when you are trying to catch a fish does it just come up out of the water by itself if you keep it for so long on the green? It seems impossible

[Post New]by 8542harmer on Aug 15, 13 11:57 PM
I have been trying for 3 days now and have had no luck with fishing. I am getting bored with this game and angry I spent my money just to abandon it so early!

[Post New]by jennb3171 on Aug 16, 13 12:53 AM
I'm not even getting a green area. What am I doing wrong?

chockie
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by chockie on Aug 16, 13 3:03 AM
You click when it says strike and then just keep clicking while watching the bar so it doesn't go past the red line

scotty967
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by scotty967 on Aug 16, 13 3:54 AM
I'm not getting a green bar either, just a little fish above a pink bar, I keep the fish between the two red lines but I still can't catch the fish. How come I can't even see a green bar.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 16, 13 5:59 AM
I can't believe it, but after many, many tries, I finally got it. I hope I can describe the procedure well enough to help someone.

Click on Cast

When Wait appears -- just wait

When Strike appears, you'll be able to see a rolling bar between two upright posts. Don't hold (the tutorial instruction is misleading); just click rapidly enough to keep the rolling bar inside the two upright posts.

Goodness, this is very hard to describe, but once I got it, I never missed.

I wish you all the best of luck --

DK

Edited on 08/16/2013 at 9:22:18 AM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Aug 16, 13 8:34 AM
Even trying the above instructions was no help at all. If there's no way to get past this without clicking forever this will be a no-buy for these arthritic hands.

[Post New]by Becpip on Aug 16, 13 9:11 AM
Did anyone manage to catch any fish? Or is there a glitch?

[Post New]by himart on Aug 16, 13 12:01 PM
To catch fish, when it says "Strike" you quick click constanly but keep the line in the green. If you click too fast or slow, you won't catch. Some of the "Strikes are shorter than others. Keep clicking until the little fish symbol above the green line gets to the right hand sid Easy once you do it a few times. Again, keep clicking but don't go out of the range until the little fish gets to the right.

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Aug 16, 13 11:54 PM
Thanks! That worked perfectly!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Aug 17, 13 3:55 AM
dk5793 wrote:I can't believe it, but after many, many tries, I finally got it. I hope I can describe the procedure well enough to help someone.

Click on Cast

When Strike appears, you'll be able to see a rolling bar between two upright posts. Don't hold (the tutorial instruction is misleading); just click rapidly enough to keep the rolling bar inside the two upright posts.

DK

I was stuck on this as well! I actually ran out of bread and had to start the WHOLE game again as I was unable to make any more bread.

This works! Thanks, DK.

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Aug 17, 13 5:05 AM
ElizabethR1533 wrote:
dk5793 wrote:I can't believe it, but after many, many tries, I finally got it. I hope I can describe the procedure well enough to help someone.

Click on Cast

DK

I was stuck on this as well! I actually ran out of bread and had to start the WHOLE game again as I was unable to make any more bread.

This works! Thanks, DK.

I'm so happy I was able to help!

DK

[Post New]by Becpip on Aug 17, 13 7:04 AM
himart wrote:To catch fish, when it says "Strike" you quick click constanly but keep the line in the green. If you click too fast or slow, you won't catch. Some of the "Strikes are shorter than others. Keep clicking until the little fish symbol above the green line gets to the right hand sid Easy once you do it a few times. Again, keep clicking but don't go out of the range until the little fish gets to the right.

Thank you so much ... I had already given up on this game

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Aug 18, 13 12:18 PM
almost at the end of the game I discovered that on the 3rd island you get a fish every time you send the small boat out. That REALLY helped

JerryInWales
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by JerryInWales on Aug 22, 13 5:31 AM
While you are clicking on the mouse to keep the bar in the green (about 2-3 times per second, I find) you'll see a little white spot (tiny fish, I thik) moving from left to right just above the bar. When this spot reaches the right-hand bar, you've caught the fish. Sometimes you get the fish earlier

vkbaker
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by vkbaker on Sep 10, 13 8:29 PM
Okay, I'm ready to try everyone's suggestions now that I know not to HOLD it like the game says to do! How frustrating! Do I have to start over? It says I need bread to fish yet I can't go forward to make bread until I fish! It doesn't seem they thought this through very well...

Edited on 09/10/2013 at 8:57:58 PM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 11, 13 2:40 AM
Hi - no you don't have to start over. You need to make Bread (from Flour and Water) in your Kitchen before you can Fish. You have to buy the Flour from your Car.

[Post New]by p0ys0n_ivy on Sep 12, 13 4:38 PM
tried everything to catch them there fish but with no success. think I will get my money back and finding something that does work.. Good luck to all that plays this

Go to: