RenaRF
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Level 2-13. Ugh!!

[Post New]by RenaRF on Aug 16, 13 7:57 AM
I CANNOT clear this level. Can't. Has anyone gotten through this level?

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Level 2-13. Ugh!!

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 18, 13 5:50 AM
I've 3 starred the level on Hard. But, I can confirm that there's a big bug on this level. I was often losing lives even though nothing was making it to the fort. So I recorded myself playing the level and when I was watching over it, on Wave 6, enemies that were dying in the middle of the map were getting that red slash over their head when they die, the same red slash as when enemies reach your fort. This was causing me to lose lives. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is happening about 75% of the time on this map.

*Edit* Just encountered this exact same bug on level 2-14. Enemies dying nowhere near the fort and they give the animation that they reached the fort and I lose lives.

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 6:33:50 AM PST

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 18, 13 6:50 AM
Culgan,
Irrespective of the bug, what type of Towers and what Upgrade did you use?

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 18, 13 8:24 AM
As they don't like me posting links to videos here. If you search youtube for Fort Defense Arctic Ocean 2-13. You'll find a video walkthrough for that level that I made.

oliversgranny
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by oliversgranny on Aug 31, 13 3:02 PM
I thought I was going crqazy till i came here to see if i was imagining these.
I replayed 2 levels over and over but kept loosing a life and could not for the life of me see where.
but with me it is 100% of the time so just cannot finish the game with full score
Vert frustrating
Took me a longtime to develop a good straegy and save up barrels too
Complete waste of time
not happy at all
How many times did you have to redo the levels it is happeneing on before it stopped doing it may i ask?
I have done 2 levels about 12 times each now and getting very peeved indeed

wendy

[Post New]by al0013 on Sep 4, 13 6:48 AM
I played 2-13 at least 20 times on hard mode and couldn't avoid the mysterious death situation to get three stars. So then I checked out the YouTube video someone mentioned above and tried their layout and I finally did it!!! I had been fully upgrading all my artillery and using lots of the guns with the green spray but apparently the game doesn't like that. My advice to all the frustrated players is to follow that video. Thanks to whoever created it-- you've saved my sanity!!!

Edited on 09/04/2013 at 7:24:00 AM PST

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Sep 5, 13 3:22 PM
al0013 wrote:I played 2-13 at least 20 times on hard mode and couldn't avoid the mysterious death situation to get three stars. So then I checked out the YouTube video someone mentioned above and tried their layout and I finally did it!!! I had been fully upgrading all my artillery and using lots of the guns with the green spray but apparently the game doesn't like that. My advice to all the frustrated players is to follow that video. Thanks to whoever created it-- you've saved my sanity!!!

You're welcome.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 17, 13 4:41 PM
I got in trouble with losing hearts for no reason, always on wave 3, even though I wasn't using green towers, and it seemed to be happening every time. I eventually got 3 stars on hard by modifying the video method to be a bit more efficient (using spells more efficiently and building a mine as soon as you have the money) and, perhaps crucially, playing through on normal speed (with a few pauses). Sometimes games go wrong when you increase the speed. I'll put up my own video tomorrow. I like the sniper idea for the sea-monsters and I borrowed it and most of the layout from Culgan's video. But I prefer to get earlier mines and go with miniguns rather than level 2 cannon.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 18, 13 2:28 AM
I put up my video on you-tube. Search for Fort Defense 2-13 hard 3 stars. Mine is the one by David Holland. I figure the more videos we have of this frustrating level, the more chance people have to get 3 stars.

By the way, I used the same method of avoiding green towers and playing through at normal speed (with pauses) for all the subsequent levels on hard, and got them all on 3 stars up to 2-19 without encountering the lost hearts bug. I'm now gearing up for the dreaded 2-20 and getting the final important upgrades. Let you know if I crack it. Here's hoping.

Edited on 09/18/2013 at 2:47:21 AM PST

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 18, 13 4:33 AM
Culgan wrote:I've 3 starred the level on Hard. But, I can confirm that there's a big bug on this level. I was often losing lives even though nothing was making it to the fort. So I recorded myself playing the level and when I was watching over it, on Wave 6, enemies that were dying in the middle of the map were getting that red slash over their head when they die, the same red slash as when enemies reach your fort. This was causing me to lose lives. It doesn't happen all the time, but it is happening about 75% of the time on this map.

*Edit* Just encountered this exact same bug on level 2-14. Enemies dying nowhere near the fort and they give the animation that they reached the fort and I lose lives.

Did you get the lost hearts bug on any other levels on hard after 2-14? Just wondered if playing at normal speed helps with this. I got 3 stars on all levels between 2-14 and 2-19 without getting the lost hearts bug when playing only at normal speed (with some pauses).

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Sep 18, 13 5:19 AM
festclick wrote:
Did you get the lost hearts bug on any other levels on hard after 2-14? Just wondered if playing at normal speed helps with this. I got 3 stars on all levels between 2-14 and 2-19 without getting the lost hearts bug when playing only at normal speed (with some pauses).

I think I only encountered the bug from level 2-10 up to 2-15. I haven't seen it on any other level yet.

Go to: