Draconity
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

The Ending? (SPOILERS, obviously)

[Post New]by Draconity on Mar 6, 09 7:31 PM
Did anyone else find the ending supremely unsatisfying? Or am I missing an alternate ending here?

Re:The Ending? (SPOILERS, obviously)

[Post New]by Samantha2977 on Mar 9, 09 8:45 PM
I thought the ending was a tad weak. I've read around and haven't seen any alternate endings. I was personally hoping to actually be giving the choice of staying a vampire but alas

Draconity
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Draconity on Mar 13, 09 8:27 AM
I was hoping the same thing. But even so, the ending felt really anticlimactic, even though the designers and writers obviously meant it to be VERY climactic.

But like. Jeez. Self-sacrifice that doesn't even DO any good? Man. Not a satisfying ending at all. I mean, I guess he's trapped? Maybe? I doubt it, if he's freakin' green gas. But that collapse could have been accomplished without even setting foot down into the final scene and the protagonist dying. Bombs away!

Otherwise, I really loved the game. And to its credit, that is definitely not the weakest ending I've seen on a good game. I've played some great games with really confusing, nonsensical, nonsense endings.

trollbus
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by trollbus on Mar 23, 09 5:28 AM
HI

Well, I just finished and I think the same about the ending:/ I thought it would scary and a longer ending... but no. Well, I think we can see forward to a Dracula 4!

maabea9116
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by maabea9116 on Mar 23, 09 9:13 AM
Just finished the game.
Even with a walkthrough that I peeked at occasionally it took forever. But I LIKE that in a game. So many times I play a game through and it ends in less than 3 hours and I feel like I wasted my money. Not a problem at all with this game!

It was a little slow to start. I was thinking wow, what an easy game... Just click point, nothing difficult to figure out. Then the REAL game started with the puzzles. I believe it was in irina's library with the books that I realized that I wasn't even halfway through the game and that it was now beginning to get more difficult.

I too was disappointed in the ending. So much emphasis on difficult puzzles but not only the opportunities to have a little interaction and try to maybe fight a vampire with stakes etc.

To have the Priest go up like that was NOT my idea of a good ending. He sacrifices, the green gas (wow what a metaphor for Dracula lol) just drift away was a huge letdown. I definitely understand that the priest could not become a vampire. As tempted (haha) as I was to wanna cheerlead for him to cross over, I knew that wasn't gonna happen. He was just too good of a priest.

ONLY if Dracula 4 has Ionel coming back as a grown up man, working the resistance etc and following the advice/mailed journal of his long lost priest friend would this story work for me. AND if Ionel has a love interest who can kick vampire rear alongside him instead of being a damsel in distress. Oh yeah, and DON'T make Ionel a priest for gawsh sake!

[Post New]by EnyoLukenna on Jun 1, 09 10:45 PM
maabea9116 I love yout post! And I completely agree on the Ionel and a sidekick love interest. That would be awesome. Or make him a priest but a corrupted one and let him become a vamp and then fight his love interest or something ridiculous and complicated.
The ending in this game was too short, not enough drama and too expected. No big OOOHHH moment it the end. Eh!

Go to: