so upset

DownAndjOutnLA
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

so upset

[Post New]by DownAndjOutnLA on Mar 6, 09 7:43 PM
It took me over 4 hours to download and then would not do a thing, since I could not try the demo it cost me time and my game credit. I have ask for customer service to please do something, to no avail. Good luck with the game and BFG customer service.

Edited on 03/06/2009 at 7:43:56 PM PST

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

Re:so upset

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Mar 6, 09 7:45 PM
I'm amazed that Customer Service did nothing for you.

That doesn't sound like .

I think you should contact them again; maybe get in touch with the Technical side?

Good luck and tell us how it works out for you.

[Post New]by Deewyatt1950 on Mar 6, 09 7:48 PM
Really surpised they did not help you that is so unlikely of them, contact them again, don't give up. So far they have always helped me and have at times refunded my money.

Thanian
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Thanian on Mar 6, 09 8:17 PM
I would contact them again too! Big Fish is awesome with customer service. I downloaded a game I couldn't get working, I contacted them about it and they gave me a working solution to fix it as well as a coupon for any game, free! How can you beat that for quality service and care for their customers!

johndaytrader
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by johndaytrader on Mar 6, 09 10:05 PM
BFG customer service is the best. They have been excellent and provided a game coupon when they didn't even have to, when I had a problem. Give them another try for sure.

j

Lady_BunBun
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_BunBun on Mar 6, 09 10:49 PM
Assuming all this happened today it's a little soon to be discouraged by BFG customer service, it usually takes a couple of buisness days for them to get back to you on a new complaint. If they can't resolve your issue, they will give you a credit to buy another game. Since it's Friday you'll have to wait until at least Monday to hear anything back.

Don't worry, it'll get sorted out soon.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 6, 09 10:54 PM
Actually, our Customer Support team is working hard on the weekends too. If a request for assistance was sent in today, they should send a response before Monday.

craskehouse
Herring
Herring
393 Posts

[Post New]by craskehouse on Mar 6, 09 11:49 PM
I they are unable to help they will refund your credit.Or you can just ask for a credit if your unhappy.

DownAndjOutnLA
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by DownAndjOutnLA on Mar 7, 09 12:10 AM
Thank you all for the moral support. I infact contacted them via email yesterday, to no avail. I have never had any problems until the last 3 games I used a credit with. I actually have paid for 4 or 5 in Feb. alone. I will give it time, I think what was so disheatening was the long down load and nothing to show for it, and that's with high speed dsl. *sigh*

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 7, 09 6:52 AM
[i]I also spoke to soon. I FINALLY got the game downloaded and when I tried to play it, I got an error sign that says can't read # whatever. Now I'm peeved because I paid for a game I can't play and it took me 12 hrs to install. I guess I'll be asking for a game credit I wish these games had trials first.

[Post New]by andreasoxfan on Mar 7, 09 10:41 PM
That really does not sound like the customer service I have experienced. I was unhappy with a game once, and I used that "live chat" (during business hours) and there were no questions asked. I was not sure what to expect when I asked for my money back...They were really easy to work with. Try that if you still have issues.

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

[Post New]by Misty40 on Mar 7, 09 11:05 PM
I haven't had any problems with . I love this website! It's by far the best.

DownAndjOutnLA
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by DownAndjOutnLA on Mar 8, 09 12:44 AM
They came through for me told me what to do to make install, nope didn't work, but I did get 2 credits. I'm as happy as a in water. But still upset I can't play dracula. Thanks for all your moral support.

[Post New]by xblueeyeddivax on Mar 8, 09 11:31 AM
i really want to try this game just alittle scared now ganna give it a go since there are lots of people that havent had problems just hope it works and people will still be around to help once its finish downloading lol

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 8, 09 12:11 PM
I decided to do some "investigating" and discovered that there appears to be an issue for people running Vista. I tried two things simultaneously, so I'm not sure which of them worked, but my game is now running just fine.

I turned off UAC.

I changed my graphics card settings from fixed to adjustable.

peatbog
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by peatbog on Mar 8, 09 1:22 PM
Hi i have been downloading this game for 6hrs and its only 3 percent done why is it taking so long

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 8, 09 2:30 PM
Peatbog, this is a very large game. What sort of connection do you have? I have a lightning-fast cable modem, and I believe it took about 2.5/3 hours for me.

slfb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by slfb on Mar 9, 09 4:30 PM
I had the same problem with vista. My UAC was already off. Changing the graphic card settings fixed the problem.

[Post New]by Jill_L on Mar 9, 09 5:28 PM
I have Vista also, What is UAC? and what graphic setting did you change too? Please help. Thank You.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 9, 09 6:15 PM
Jill, I opened my nVidia Control Panel (right-click on the desktop, then choose NVIDIA Control Panel). Under "3D Settings" select "Adjust image settings with preview"

Select "Let the 3D application decide." Apply.

You may have to restart, I can't recall. Try to run the game.

Go to: