bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 17, 13 2:14 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

tulsachic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by tulsachic on Aug 17, 13 5:27 AM
I cannot get this or any other game to download??? I am really confused, as to why not...

Gill_R
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Sunhook Spire Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gill_R on Aug 17, 13 5:29 AM
Chapter 3 - just placed the colorglass keys to free the Enchantress and after the cutscene that follows, the game crashes & closes out on me. Doesn't matter whether I try to skip the scene, use the 'continue' button or let it play out .

I've uninstalled and reinstalled: same problem.

I'm on a Mac, OSX 10.7.5 and everything is up to date.

Althena533
Clownfish
Clownfish
502 Posts

[Post New]by Althena533 on Aug 17, 13 5:50 AM

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 9:18:07 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:01 AM
[Removed by Moderator]

I too have an issue with this game on my Mac...and if games are made for the Mac, they should work on a Mac!

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 9:17:48 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:06 AM
Ive reached chapter 4, but cannot put the dragon on the flame in the HOS.
I've had similar issues in the previous chapters, but if you keep clicking long enough it worked.

Sadly. after an hour of clicking in every little pixel space, still cannot get dragon to work. Therefore the game has terminated for me boo hop :-((

Was loving game too!

I've Macbook Pro 17", running Mountain Lion and OS X 10.8.4.

So disappointed!

Help please BFGs...so don't want to restart this game if these glitches continue.

Thank you,

Belamba

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 6:22 AM
I agree, Belamba. Especially since this person herself is one of the gamers who asks regularly for help on these game forums.

Actually, I was going to ask whether this game is out on the Mac, because don't the mods usually add a thread, saying "the Mac version is here"? Can you play a PC game on a Mac? Sorry, I never owned one and don't know whether this can be done.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:22 AM
tulsachic wrote:I cannot get this or any other game to download??? I am really confused, as to why not...

Make sure you are logged into your account AND logged in in the Game Manager.

If using W8 with IE10, there is an issue. I use Chrome for BFG account.To see if this is your issue, just check the top right hand corner to make sure it says 'sign out' rather than 'sign in'.

Hope this helps.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 6:23:31 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:28 AM
Hi Valdy,

LOL...yes it's for Mac too! Think my Mac have hissy fit if tried d/l Windows game. Very rare to have issues with games, but if it's going to happen, it's always the games I'm really enjoying!

And yes 'that forum member' asks for help quite a lot.

To receive respect, one needs to practise respect, don't you think?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:31 AM
Hey Valdy,

Are the forums moderated at the weekends? I don't come here too often, but just wondered out of interest :-))

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 6:35 AM
R - E - S - P - E - C - T = I give to you if you give it to me... oh yeah...

Ermmm... where was I? Oh yes, the mods. Oh yes, they are here. Laughing their heads off at our posts, I'll bet. Or maybe snoring in a quiet corner - so much time and so little to do. LOL

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:38 AM
LOL!!!

Think catching 40 winks, and who can blame them!

They do a great job, and are always so 'respectful' :-))

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 6:42 AM
belamba wrote:LOL!!!

Think catching 40 winks, and who can blame them!

They do a great job, and are always so 'respectful' :-))

I know... it must be awfully tiring to do, well... nothing much, really. LOL

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 9:17:10 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:44 AM
One other issue...I've managed to save 2 game credits (just don't know how I manage that sometimes), but when i went to purchase game, it didn't give me the usual option of buy on website, or use two game credits.

I just clicked on buy this game. I saw the amount was £0, so assumed it had used my game credits.

After installing it showed I still have 2 game credits. I'm really puzzled by this.

Bought another CE Thursday, but am assuming this BOGOF didn't start until today?

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:46 AM
Thanks Valdy, so it has; but the quote is still there in my post.....

Removed by Moderator

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 9:16:30 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 17, 13 6:54 AM
When did you buy that game? Before today? I don't use the GM to buy games - don't trust that thing, and I see more when I do it via the game page - but click on the "Buy Now" button on the game page, and the game credits go automatically into the shopping cart.

But if you still have your 2 game credits, it either means that a) you got the game for free - yayyyy - or were at work.

Do you keep a copy of the confirmation that you get through the email? I always keep a copy, in case something goes wrong and I need a reference. If so, look through it, and see what it says. Whether it says 2 credits have been taken (but not really taken, apparently) or the money has been taken from your account, and you weren't made aware of it at the time.

If no money is missing and those 2 credits are still there, don't say anything. *puts a large blanket over this post to hide it from the mods*

ETA: Oh and yes, the BOGOF sale only started today.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 6:56:29 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 6:58 AM
Gill_R wrote:Chapter 3 - just placed the colorglass keys to free the Enchantress and after the cutscene that follows, the game crashes & closes out on me. Doesn't matter whether I try to skip the scene, use the 'continue' button or let it play out .

I've uninstalled and reinstalled: same problem.

I'm on a Mac, OSX 10.7.5 and everything is up to date.

I've got OS X 10.8.4 and not having that issue, but a different problem entirely whereby I can't finish the HOG scenes, as no matter where I click I'm stuck :-(

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 7:04 AM
Valdy wrote:When did you buy that game? Before today? I don't use the GM to buy games - don't trust that thing, and I see more when I do it via the game page - but click on the "Buy Now" button on the game page, and the game credits go automatically into the shopping cart.

But if you still have your 2 game credits, it either means that a) you got the game for free - yayyyy - or were at work.

Do you keep a copy of the confirmation that you get through the email? I always keep a copy, in case something goes wrong and I need a reference. If so, look through it, and see what it says. Whether it says 2 credits have been taken (but not really taken, apparently) or the money has been taken from your account, and you weren't made aware of it at the time.

If no money is missing and those 2 credits are still there, don't say anything. *puts a large blanket over this post to hide it from the mods*

ETA: Oh and yes, the BOGOF sale only started today.

Yes, looked at email receipt and it says £0! If it's glitched I'd always contact CS and tell them, as `i'd never intentionally 'steal a game' even f it was 'my lucky day' lol!

Not suggesting for a minute that's what you suggested!

Just looked at my account and it's still showing 2 game credits. Well, it's a miserable wet day in Poole, (are there any other sort ?), and seems I may have got a free CE...but a free CE that don't work

gale129
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by gale129 on Aug 17, 13 7:05 AM
I can't get the game to start the download. My PC runs the security scan and usually it starts the download right after, highlighting my bigfish app in the process. However, when I go to my BF app, nothing is there. I have attempted to save the download instead of run too. The security check runs and then it gives me the option to "run" from the download file. I clicked on run here as well and it still will not start the download. I also tried running as administrator from the folder it created. Nothing. My BF account shows two less credits than just prior to selecting purchase so I am good on that issue. Help anyone???

Update!! I closed out my BF app, went to the BF site and to my purchases tab. My purchase was listed (thank goodness) and I clicked install from there. The security check ran as usual and as I waited with baited breath, it opened my BF app and started the download. Posted just in case someone else has this issue. I download an average of two games a week and this is a first for me.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 7:20:36 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Aug 17, 13 7:12 AM
Update Valdy...game credits have now gone! Some kind of delayed reaction! And as game doesn't work, will have to contact CS and try and gt them back again.

Can't face replaying 6 hours of the game, just for it to glitch again....

Go to: