imanja
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Is this an old game reworked?

[Post New]by imanja on Aug 17, 13 7:57 AM
I am certain I have played this game before so I am very confused! I am wondering if it is an old game that has been worked on and renamed. Can anyone else remember playing it before?

Re:Is this an old game reworked?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 17, 13 8:09 AM
This is a new game. Maybe you beta this game?

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Aug 17, 13 8:18 AM
I know that I beta'd it back on March 8. I write down all betas, with comments about them, so that when they are released (sometimes many months down the road), I remember that I have played it.

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Aug 17, 13 8:48 AM
It is part of a series. Have you played any of the other Awakening games? If so it will be very familiar!

imanja
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by imanja on Aug 17, 13 8:55 AM
I don`t think I beta`d this game (I may be wrong though). I seem to remember playing this about 2 or 3 years ago, now i am worried I am in a time warp lol. Very strange though because I thought I had bought it, but I would have to look through a whole heap of games to find it. Quite the mystery for me!

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Aug 17, 13 9:12 AM
If you bought the game here, they are listed in alphabetical order in your purchase history. Otherwise, I guess you would have to look in a file of wherever you may have bought it. I have bought a few games from the "big river" site, and can look at them listed there if I wanted to. I really think this is a new release (or at least newer than two years), not that I know anything. LOL

imanja
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by imanja on Aug 17, 13 9:41 AM
Decided i must have beta`d this because I can`t find it anywhere in purchase history lol. Think I may start keeping a note of things on Big Fish in the future

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Aug 17, 13 12:07 PM
Good idea! It sure does help me to write down what and when I beta'd a game. I thought that I had beta'd this one when I saw the TGT release title, and sure enough, when I looked at the list---Bingo!

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Aug 17, 13 1:04 PM
It's definitely not an old game, but it is part of a very good series.
I keep the beta test file in my Program Manager until the game is released, because I've had the same problem several times, especially when it's been some time before the game is released.
I'm off to buy!

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Aug 17, 13 1:39 PM
kinget wrote:It's definitely not an old game, but it is part of a very good series.
I keep the beta test file in my Program Manager until the game is released, because I've had the same problem several times, especially when it's been some time before the game is released.
I'm off to buy!

I do the same thing kinget I would surely wonder if I had played the game before too!

[Post New]by highdesertrn on Aug 17, 13 5:03 PM
I am glad to see another having deja vu. I must have beta tested this one because I have played it before. I had to look at my purchase history at least twice and the game listings several times to make sure I did not already own it or that it was even available before "tomorrow". I love this series and will definitely buy.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 18, 13 8:01 AM
Senior moment...I started to purchase a game from BF and the purchase page told me "whoops I think you already own this game". I don't think it would do that for you if you had purchased the CE and were trying to buy the SE version so I went to the trouble of making an Excel spreadsheet of all games and date of purchase from "my account" site on BF so this now, not so trustworthy memory, has a reference to go to.

In an answer to the original question this is a brand new Awakening game in the series. I haven't finished the game yet but REALLY hope this girl finds her parents since we have chased them thru at least and thousand years.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 18, 13 11:35 AM
What does it mean when you say you "beta" ed a game? I gather you are seeing or testing a game before the rest of us? But I have been wondering this for a long time, I'm not sure why I haven't asked before. Lol. I appreciate you settling my curious mind! Have a great day!

imanja
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by imanja on Aug 18, 13 11:13 PM
Hi Melyme

Yes you are correct in thinking "beta" is a trial of the game ahead of it`s release. Big Fish send out random e-mails asking if you would play the game and then fill out a feedback form afterwards. I am not absolutely sure, but you may have to be a member to be invited. Perhaps someone who knows for sure would confirm if that is correct. On some of the developers sites you can also volunteer to beta their upcoming games.
Cheers

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 11:15:51 PM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 19, 13 12:39 AM
Melymc wrote:What does it mean when you say you "beta" ed a game? I gather you are seeing or testing a game before the rest of us? But I have been wondering this for a long time, I'm not sure why I haven't asked before. Lol. I appreciate you settling my curious mind! Have a great day!

On the Game Club page, it says 'Sneak Peek Beta Program - Invitations for the Beta Program are only sent to Game Club members'.

I love getting the new games to try; I got this one some time ago and really enjoyed it. And you get different types of game to test, not just ones like this! For me it's one of the best reasons to be a member

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Feb 13, 14 2:21 PM
Penny1942 wrote:Senior moment...I started to purchase a game from BF and the purchase page told me "whoops I think you already own this game". I don't think it would do that for you if you had purchased the CE and were trying to buy the SE version so I went to the trouble of making an Excel spreadsheet of all games and date of purchase from "my account" site on BF so this now, not so trustworthy memory, has a reference to go to.

In an answer to the original question this is a brand new Awakening game in the series. I haven't finished the game yet but REALLY hope this girl finds her parents since we have chased them thru at least and thousand years.

I can testify if you have the CE and then try to buy the SE, or vice versa, it will NOT warn you that you already have it. And it will let you buy both. LOL! I don't use a spreadsheet but I do now have another system to keep better track.

Go to: