spiritc
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Glass cutter

[Post New]by spiritc on Aug 17, 13 8:29 AM
I used the glasscutter on a mini-game and it disappeared after that. Cannot obtain last blue star without it. Please advise.

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Glass cutter

[Post New]by tarrocket on Aug 17, 13 11:36 AM
If you look at the tech thread and you will see several fishes having the same issue. (I have the same issue too.)

Aveda5
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Aveda5 on Aug 17, 13 2:11 PM
Me too, unable to finish game!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 3:55 PM
Don't panic! There are TWO glass cutters in this game! One that you get with a pile of tools that you use on the mechanical mini game in the wall in which you receive the planet.

The other one you get in the barn in the last "bracelet" door, where the creepy little girl is. If you haven't gone there yet, relax, YOU WILL, just keep on with your game!!!

ETA: DISREGARD this post, apparently this IS indeed a glitch! My apologies!

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 8:40:33 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 4:07 PM
I'm afraid this does sound like a legit bug - I found a similar one while playing an unfinished version of the game for the guide: if you still had the pestle for the bone powder in your inventory at the time of playing a HOP with a pestle in it, your inventory pestle disappeared. I think something similar is happening with the glass cutter. I'd have to go and replay the game to check if this is the case, but it sure sounds like it.

Edited to say don't worry, the pestle bug was fixed before release!

Edit 2: yes, I played up to that point again and it is definitely a bug.

Edited on 08/17/2013 at 5:02:53 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 6:25 PM
The glass cutter is not a bug, Severine, there are two. Folks just aren't playing far enough to obtain the second one.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 8:25 PM
Posted this in the help thread, too.

I know which second glass cutter you mean (I wrote the strategy guide). However, if you still have the glass cutter you find in the shed with the little girl in your inventory at the time you play the mini game in the office at the bottom of the stairs, the game will confuse the two glass cutters and the glass cutter from the shed will disappear. Believe me. I just tried it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Aug 17, 13 8:29 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Posted this in the help thread, too.

I know which second glass cutter you mean (I wrote the strategy guide). However, if you still have the glass cutter you find in the shed with the little girl in your inventory at the time you play the mini game in the office at the bottom of the stairs, the game will confuse the two glass cutters and the glass cutter from the shed will disappear. Believe me. I just tried it.

Oh no! Ok, good to know! That IS a major glitch - thank you for clarifying! Lol! Guess you should definitely know!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 13 8:44 PM
LOL that's ok - I just recognised the issue because it was exactly like what happened with the pestle for the bone powder in a previous build. Unfortunately I didn't catch this one earlier

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Aug 19, 13 5:38 PM
Start the game again. This time, remove the crystal from the cabinet in the observatory BEFORE you repair the machine.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

Glass cutter solution

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Aug 19, 13 5:39 PM
Start the game again. This time remove the crystal from the cabinet in the observatory BEFORE you repair the machine. Otherwise the cutter disappears.

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Aug 19, 13 5:41 PM
Oops! Didn't mean for that to appear twice!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Aug 27, 13 7:33 AM
I second and third what has been said above - as soon as you have the glass cutter from the trunk in the barn, go to cut the last crystal out of the cabinet in the observatory before you do anything else.

I'm so glad I saw this thread. I'd hate to get this far and then be left to have to start all over again.

[Post New]by Crafty66 on Sep 1, 13 10:31 AM
Restarting the game is not an acceptable solution to this bug. This need to be fixed ASAP.

[Post New]by Katzluvr on Sep 4, 13 4:55 PM
Sooo....how CAN you get the 2nd glass cutter for the last crystal when you are stuck in the barn with no other moves?? (Like me...) Trunk there is inactive now. Don't want to have to start ALL OVER!! I've been on this game for over 4 hours already.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Sep 4, 13 10:40 PM
Katzluvr wrote:Sooo....how CAN you get the 2nd glass cutter for the last crystal when you are stuck in the barn with no other moves?? (Like me...) Trunk there is inactive now. Don't want to have to start ALL OVER!! I've been on this game for over 4 hours already.
Unfortunately, right now the answer still is "you can't". Only thing you can do is start over and use the glass cutter for the crystal as soon as you get it.

[Post New]by Katzluvr on Sep 5, 13 12:16 PM
Kind of what I figured....I'll do it all over with new profile. Thanks.

tarrocket
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by tarrocket on Sep 5, 13 3:01 PM
I will not do over with a new game. BFG has been doing this for sometime now. Those that got the glitch should ask for their money back.

Go to: