bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Aug 18, 13 12:29 AM
Stop a devastating war and save the man you love in Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye! A long-forgotten artifact has just resurfaced, and evil forces are racing to claim it. To make matters worse, the love of your life, Daniel, has somehow gotten himself mixed up in the mess. Now you must find Daniel and uncover the truth behind the legendary Cobra's Eye before the fate of the world is changed forever. Your destiny awaits you in this thrilling Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure game!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

Re:Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Aug 18, 13 12:48 AM
I bought it sight unseen just to use some of my punch cards... I had two that had already expired.

ETA: It's a very nice game, lots of interactive areas, very nice music, good voice acting, decent graphics and an okay story and it's a great SE but I think I would have been unhappy if I had bought this as a CE.

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 2:26:27 AM PST

sportygal2009
Salmon
Salmon
2,503 Posts

[Post New]by sportygal2009 on Aug 18, 13 1:04 AM
I absolutely loved this game. The SE version received 5 stars from me. I thought this was a very good game.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Aug 18, 13 3:48 AM
I remember I read the reviews of this when it was a CE and the general view was "not worth it as a CE but will be as a SE". I waited, and here it is. Have the demo to play, then will decide. Only trouble with a BOGO sale is coming up with two games - this might be one, but I have no idea what the other one will be. [Off topic content removed]

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 7:52:48 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 18, 13 12:56 PM
I demoed the CE version of this game and really didn't find it all that appealing, and not worth the CE price. The graphics and game play are very nice. Love the voice overs. Not a lot of HOGs or games. HOGS are fairly clean and clear.

This is not a particularly challenging game, but it is nice. There is a lot of running back and forth to locations numerous times for one thing here and one thing there. Fortunately you have a jump map. The hint button is quite helpful, but takes quite a while to reload.

I am going to get this game today, but since I don't have another SE to add to the special, I am forced to get the CE version. Oh well, it ends up being half price, so that's okay. Off to get this one and Echoes of the Past. Should be some way to get an SE and a CE on the special.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Aug 19, 13 7:32 AM
Liked the look of it though did not feel inclined to get the CE version. Like the morphing objects in the H.O. scenes
Anyway got it and several others today as the weekend codes are still working at the moment, plus the bonus punches so felt it was a good buy.

Go to: