bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 12:44 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

romany09
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Post any Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye technical issues here only

[Post New]by romany09 on Aug 18, 13 5:08 AM
Downloaded and got a black screen. Had to alt/ctrl/del to get out of the program.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Aug 18, 13 6:27 AM
Downloaded the install stub 8 times (after deleting each earlier attempt) The install stub will not download the game. This is the first time in 6 years to happen. And the two CE games I purchased afterwards (minutes later) DL and installed perfectly fine.

Either the DL/install stub is not linking with BFG or the stub itself is missing some code.

Obviously with the easy DL and install of the two other games also purchased today as well as a long history of 100's of games installing perfectly - there is nothing wrong on my end with my PC.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Aug 18, 13 6:48 AM
Downloaded but demo would not plaY.

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Aug 18, 13 9:54 AM
Won't install. Says I need Flashplayer, which is installed and automatically updated in my browser, Chrome. Never had this problem when I used Collectors Edition or on any other Bigfish game I've installed using Chrome. What's up?

[Post New]by woodspinner on Aug 18, 13 10:01 AM
This game will not play if you have a custom DPI setting. Since I try 80% of the new games and run into this problem once or twice a year, I blame3 the developer. Not willing to make any setting changes to my system just to make a dame play.

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Aug 18, 13 10:40 AM
Hello dear fishies, as I mentioned in the CE section we have problems with this puzzle. We can not put the arrow button into the puzzle because the inventory disappeared. This problem is not solved. Therefore we can not move on with the game in the CE version. No help.
I am eager to know if this problem in the SE also happens. (Sorry, I am German).
Why does BF not help with the CE an updated version?
Happy gaming

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 1:31 AM
Heya Fishies,

romany09 - It sounds like your computer might be having some problems with the game and can't display it properly. This is often connected to some of the software on your machine being in need of an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by having a look here.

MacLaura - That really sounds frustrating! It could help to run the game stub as Administrator by clicking it with the right button and choosing Run As Administrator. This could help the game stub to run and the game to download!

sollys - It sounds like your computer might be having problems to display the game. It might help here to make sure that all your software is up-to-date so your computer can display the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

sheb61 - That sounds a bit odd! It might help here to simply uninstall and reinstall your Adobe Flash player with the steps that you can find here.

woodspinner - Thanks for bringing this up! It must be frustrating to run into these problems constantly . It might help to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a look at everything for you.

uwflossi - To make sure that we can have a look into this problem with the Collector's Edition it would be best if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can have a closer look at everything.

They will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 1:32:32 AM PST

Nana6177
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

[Post New]by Nana6177 on Sep 5, 13 6:01 PM
Windows 7.
Game downloaded quickly and easily. When opening to play, the game starts buy the game manager is on top of it. I have to hit my windows button to pause the game, click the GM to close then go back to the game. EVERY TIME. I have yet to play, just came here to see if anyone else was having the same issue. Hopefully I won't have any more problems. fingers crossed.

lizamama
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by lizamama on Oct 21, 13 6:49 AM
i do not know if this is technical issue or not. i finished the game and found Daniel but when i exited the game, this message popped.

"Daniel has not been found, do you want to give up so soon?"

i am not playing a CE version so i know there is no bonus game and i did finish the game (played straight thru - no pauses or exits). so this is just to satisfy my own curiosity, i guess. won't be upset if there is no reply.

tks anyway.

Go to: