bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 12:50 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 12:57:36 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Legends of the East: The Cobra's Eye

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 12:50 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 18, 13 12:55 AM
Interested to read the reviews on the CE version of this game?

Just click here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 18, 13 2:00 AM
Decent, If Not Inspired, SE Game
BASED ON DEMO

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
It is great to see a game set in India, at the time of Vasco de Gama, a great explorer. The introduction to the story is intriguing, and much of this early time is done very well. But not, I think, as well as I like to see in games. The graphics in particular were disappointing.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
Despite the graphics being sub-par, I did enjoy the animations – particularly the “Draug” and the ghost fleet. As others have mentioned, the guys were very easy on the eyes – a nice change from gorgeous gals. There are a lot of cut scenes early on, but this settles down once we have an idea of what is going on. The scenes in the demo were all pretty dark, and I hope that is not continuing throughout the game. I also liked the music, which while nothing special, was pleasant.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
The story is worth the price of the game, if only for the fact that it is set in a different environment. The intro has me intrigued. There is an artefact that our love will do anything to find, even turn us away from him. Then he disappears, and we meet his friend, who is trying to find him. And before that gets anywhere someone clearly tries to stop us from finding out. A horrifying “draug”, some sort of demon, attacks our new found friend, and we are on our own. The only clue is your boyfriend’s partner, and he seems pretty dodgy, so trusting him may be a mistake. Much more complex than our normal run of the mill, and it promises an interesting game.

MAKING PROGRESS
This is a very busy game, with lots to do in every location, which is what saves it from total mediocrity. The puzzles are well known, the HO scenes are interactive lists, and the adventure gameplay is simple enough, aided by a very helpful interactive jump map and a directional hint. There is also a journal with objectives and story.

It has one unique ingredient, which is the cryptic disk. This is an artefact that allows you to see magically hidden symbols, which reveal further information for the back story.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
I saw nothing in the CE version of this game to tempt me to buy it, but I do think it is a worthwhile game as an SE. It has an interesting story, and many characters, and while the gameplay is nothing special, I think will be entertaining enough to recommend it.

I recommend this game!

laraly
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by laraly on Aug 19, 13 2:44 AM
Played the demo, and I liked it! It's a S E, but has some extras worth of a CE!
Captveting story-tale, good graphics and minigames, nice art-concept!

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Aug 19, 13 11:17 AM
Review is based on the demo.

This is a great game. The first 2 puzzles were very easy, they got harder and more time consuming. The hidden object games were pretty tricky, and just the way I like them. I had to use a hint on one of them.

The soundtrack was excellent. It had an interesting storyline. Voiceovers were crisp and clear.

The visuals were amazing. It was full color, technicolor, like blu-ray.

As soon as the demo ended I bought the game. I highly recommend it to HOG and Adventure lovers.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 21, 13 2:30 AM
Uninspired is a good description of this game. There's nothing either very good or very bad about it. Even the music is boring, unobtrusive, and nearly ignorable.

What you have here is a boilerplate HOPA with average graphics and voiceover, lots of back and forth (there is an interactive map), and the ubiquitous missing boyfriend, suspicious characters, evil spirits, mean snake, and yes, a vicious dog you must distract with a bone. The puzzles are stale, the HOS uninteresting. Even the cryptic disk, an artifact that allows you to see magically hidden symbols, has been done before.

I found everything about this game to be standard and derivative. I won't be buying it.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 2:48:20 AM PST

[Post New]by spikescajunmom on Aug 31, 13 2:21 PM
For those of you who like me could not download the CE version of this game, give the SE version a shot. I'm glad I did. I found this game to be interesting, challenging and well-paced. Of course it won't be to everyone's taste so please try the demo to see if you like it.

There are 2 modes: casual and advanced. I played advanced which I was pleased to find did not have sparkles! There are black bar tips though. There is an interactive map. I didn't use it, but some might want to because there is a lot of back and forth and some people find that annoying. The puzzles varied greatly in difficulty, but I found enough to be challenging to hold my interest in the game. There are a number of HOS, but they are spread out pretty well. For some the graphics might be grainy, but for me each game is different and I don't mind. Music was good and not annoying, but I did keep it on low volume. There is lots to do in this game and it will keep you busy.

I would recommend to all skill levels including Expert. I think there is something for everyone in this game. Plus with the sale this weekend it makes it a great buy!

sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by sammi21 on Sep 4, 13 9:46 PM
Wonderful! excellent value for money! great story....Loved it...10/10...

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Nov 8, 13 11:31 AM
Finished the game, was interesting, great story. just the right amount of puzzles and hog.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 13, 13 7:19 AM
for me this was a very long game, and i really enjoyed it. the final puzzle i could not work out how to do it!

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on May 15, 14 9:41 AM
Not as good as I thought it would be, but more than acceptable SE. Music is very nice. I don't like the way the direction arrow circles before it shows you the way. Also actions move very slowly on my computer, but the more I get into the game, the more I like it. 3.5 .

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 15, 14 9:30 PM
Really enjoyed it
Story, music and graphics AND the mini games were fun for a change
I had forgotten that I had this one, Purchased on 08/18/13 and it has been sitting in my game stash since then ...I am glad I have the SE because the ending is (to me) complete...
I also used the hint button just whenever I started getting impatient with the jump map
When a DD game up I checked my inventory to see if I already have it & was surprised to find it in my account record. I had my Win. 7 reinstalled last Sept and thought I had re-downloaded all my un-played ones but looks like I missed some
Wish there was a place in our online account page to mark a game as played :/
I am giving this little delight out of possible 5 ..money well spent

Go to: