Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

How long did it take to play this game?

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 18, 13 8:56 AM
Hello all! I'm just trying to figure out if this game is worth buying. From the demo it seems somewhat easy and it only has six chapters, plus the bonus, so I was wondering how long it took to actually play the game. Thanks for any help! Have a great day!

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Re:How long did it take to play this game?

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Aug 18, 13 11:04 AM
I got awards for finishing four out of six chapters in under an hour and for finishing the entire game in less than six hours.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Aug 18, 13 5:07 PM
I am pokey, but this is taking me longer than other games. I do every HO scene, every puzzle, watch cut scenes, appreciate the artwork, do not use hints or the Strategy Guide. If you play differently, it still will take a good 6 hours, IMHO.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 18, 13 9:42 PM
Thank you so much for your answers Rhysdux and shorenuf! Between your two answers I have a good idea of how long it will take me to play. I think I will buy it! I will probably fall somewhere in between the two of you. But, I REALLY appreciate it when people answer my posts! Thanks again! Have a great week.

[Post New]by Darkstar_94 on Aug 22, 13 9:23 AM
Took me under 6 hrs, normal mode & I really didn't use any hints/skips at all until I got to the very end & bonus chapter (which is just driving me batty, I'm stuck). I love puzzle & HO games, rarely find one that I can't finish in under 5-6 hrs total and found all the puzzles, etc. to be relatively easy to figure out. I read some people had issues figuring out what to do with some puzzles, but I had none... just issues with my patience for a couple because it was late & I was tired I will have to go back & try the Dreadmyre mode just to see if there's any difference. So, not terribly challenging for me but I still enjoyed it so far - as much for the story as for anything else.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Aug 23, 13 2:39 PM
Thanks Darkstar_94. I find sometimes the puzzles seem to be a lot harder when I'm tired too. The next day you're like, what was I thinking, it's so simple! Lol. Have a good weekend!

Go to: