mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Fish soup

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Aug 18, 13 11:59 AM
Okay. I hated the fishing, but I finally managed to do it. Now i've got to make 2 fish soup. I went fishing, got a fish, and made the first soup. Then I baked up some more bread (it takes me a LOOOONNNGGG time to catch a fish!) and caught fish #2, only to find that I could't make soup. In my storehouse I had 2 small fish and one river trout, but seemingly no way to make soup with them. I tried "use" on the trout, but all it did was feed the workers.

What gives with making fish soup? Does it need some special kind of fish??? (Which would give me a HUGE sad!)

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Re:Fish soup

[Post New]by essgee52 on Aug 18, 13 1:43 PM
The fish soup is giving me heartburn, too. I hate the fishing and have plenty of fish, but it won't let me make soup until I go back and catch some more. The bait does seem to replenish itself, so no need to keep baking bread at least.

ETA: I stand corrected, you do have to keep a supply of bread on hand.

Edited on 08/18/2013 at 4:36:07 PM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Aug 18, 13 1:56 PM
My bait sure doesn't replenish itself. I've got to keep baking bread...

[Post New]by fairyann912 on Aug 18, 13 5:05 PM
Yes, the soup only uses one kind of fish but I haven't been able to figure out which one. I just keep fishing until I see that I have the right kind of fish to make the soup. I do know that it's the fish that shows up in the very upper right hand corner of the storehouse, so I never sell these.

toomuchsht
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,155 Posts

[Post New]by toomuchsht on Aug 21, 13 1:01 PM
luckily the fish you use is the one that is fairly easy to catch. The fish you get when the upright bars are REALLY close together is the blue trout that you are ask for near the end of the game.
You can tell which fish you are fishing for by how far apart the bars are.
You can get the fish soup fish for free after you get the green dingy on island 3. you get fish each time you send it out. By the end of my second game I had over a hundred fish.

Go to: