bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any When In Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 19, 13 12:39 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post any When In Rome technical issues here only

[Post New]by pita1234 on Aug 19, 13 7:37 AM
I got through the first tutorial level OK, but each time I try to start the second level, I get the pop-up message "access violation at 0x008D4613 (tried to read from 0x00000000) - program terminated." I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times - same message. Help!

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Aug 19, 13 7:57 AM
I tried to download and install it, but the game manager is on my taskbar but nothing happens when I click on it. Can't even open it to play another game. I really, really hate the new game manager!!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 19, 13 11:42 AM
Hi pita1234,

Access violation errors can have a few causes, but our help article here goes over that in more detail, and includes some possible fixes:

Access Violation

Hey essgee52,

If the Game Manager isn't opening at all, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if that helps. You can find information on doing that here:

Uninstall / Reinstall Game Manager

If those tips aren't helping, please let our Tech Support Team know and they'll be more than happy to lend a hand and look into those issues for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 11:43:09 AM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

[Post New]by pita1234 on Aug 19, 13 1:51 PM
I followed all your recommendations, uninstalled & reinstalled, and am still getting the access violation message.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Aug 19, 13 3:03 PM
OK, Mods...
I know this is off topic, but how does one contact customer service these days????

I can find no green envelope for mailing a problem, and on line chat is closed due to too much traffic??? REALLY????? This place is as quiet as a tomb.

What has happened to what used to be my favorite company?????

Edited on 08/19/2013 at 3:03:28 PM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 19, 13 3:17 PM
Hi pita1234, since that didn't help, I recommend getting in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can look into that further. Hopefully they can get you back to gaming!

Hi shadowdiana, you can still get in touch with our Support Team through the help pages, or by clicking this link here to go straight to the contact form to get in touch with them via email. We also hope to have our chat services back online soon!

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Aug 19, 13 3:24 PM
Thank you, Seine.
I still find it a bit ridiculous that Live Chat is "overloaded".
But I have been wrong before.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Aug 19, 13 5:35 PM
pita, try launching the game from it's .exe file and not from the Game Manager.

Right click the icon on your desktop, then choose "open file location" Find the name of the game with a .exe extension and launch it from there. The icon should look the same as the one on your desktop.
That usually works for me.

The GM is still interfering with game space, I see.

melodydame
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by melodydame on Aug 20, 13 1:19 AM
Hi pita1234
I am having the same problem with this game exactly at the start of level 2. I also tried to open the game without Game Manager and that did not work either. Did you manage to find a solution?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 20, 13 3:19 AM
Sorry that didn't work melodydame, as per bfgSeine's advice above, I would suggest contacting our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at what is going on here and help you to play your game!

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Aug 21, 13 12:49 AM
I too had problems! Not even going to waste my time trying to get it fixed here. I uninstalled, went straight to developers site and purchased the game there. Yes, it was quite a lot more $$, but worth it to avoid days or weeks of trying to get it to work on BF. BF offers so few of this type of game and I think I know why!! They do not seem to be equipped to deliver this type of building game without major problems. Therefore, I believe they have probably decided not to offer them -- thus saving themselves (customer service) the headache of having to deal with massive numbers of pissed off customers. I have had the following problem way too many times -------- I demo/purchase a building game on BF's site. It has one or more problems.----------- I spend days/weeks going back and forth with the mods and cust. serv. ------- I get fed up and go to another site or to the developers site and purchase the game from them.------ I download and play the entire game without a single hitch. This has happened far too many times to be a coincidence!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 21, 13 3:46 AM
I totally understand how encountering this much trouble playing your games must be frustrating for you ebec!

I appreciate that you do not wish to troubleshoot further but I would still encourage you to contact Tech Support Team because by doing so, we can at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a games you have purchased but cannot enjoy.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by passerine on Aug 22, 13 8:52 AM
I too am frustrated, I also get the error message, tried uninstalling & reinstalling, my direct X is up to date. This isn't the first game of late I am having trouble with. Maybe people with new computers can handle the new game manager, mine does not seem to be able to. This is not an improvement imho. Going through tech help is also frustrating.

ETA Tried trial version from other site, same thing. I'll try tech support. Most likely I need a new computer.

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 9:25:43 AM PST

[Post New]by passerine on Aug 22, 13 10:13 AM
Apologize for sounding cranky. I'm sure you all are doing your best to appease all. Not an easy task.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 7:16 AM
No worries passerine, I get cranky when my games don't work too.

Thank you very much for contacting Support, they will be happy to look more closely at what is going on here and will provide advice specific to your machine and at the very least, ensure that you are not left with a game you cannot enjoy.

Much appreciated and fingers crossed that this is resolved for you soon.

bfgBaikal

polcross
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by polcross on Aug 27, 13 2:57 AM
I definitely completed all levels and gained 3 ambers, I definitely completed level 40 with 3 ambers - paying a robber, saving Fiona, and destroying the ring.
Even when I pass the mouse over the level 40 dot it shows a label saying I got 3 ambers.

But after the level finishes when the banner comes up with the 3 ambers lighting up above the point scores and I click OK as with all the other levels it goes straight back to the map and shows the red bouncing arrow over level 40 again but no flag with any ambers at all.

I am sorry if you can't count this as technical problem but to me it is technical I can't fix and some others in the forum seem to have the same problem ; can you advise me.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 4:56 AM
Hi polcross,

Sorry to hear that!

I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

You could also try updating some of the components that help run your game in case the computer is having some trouble running the game smoothly. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If neither of these tips help, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 28, 13 6:21 AM
polcross wrote:I definitely completed all levels and gained 3 ambers, I definitely completed level 40 with 3 ambers - paying a robber, saving Fiona, and destroying the ring.
Even when I pass the mouse over the level 40 dot it shows a label saying I got 3 ambers.

But after the level finishes when the banner comes up with the 3 ambers lighting up above the point scores and I click OK as with all the other levels it goes straight back to the map and shows the red bouncing arrow over level 40 again but no flag with any ambers at all.

I am sorry if you can't count this as technical problem but to me it is technical I can't fix and some others in the forum seem to have the same problem ; can you advise me.

I don't know if this of any help but when I completed the game, I also got the red arrow pointing to the last level with no flag. I thought it wanted me to replay it! But I hadn't got 3 amber jewels on 4 of the levels, so I clicked on the first level I needed to replay. Lo and behold the flag on the last level appeared! And once I replayed and got the 3 amber jewels on all the levels, I was able to play the bonus level

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 29, 13 11:43 AM
Thanks for that tip angelfish106. I'm sure this will help out quite a few of our gamers!

bfgDeveron

Go to: