Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

2-20 Hard mode Impossible to beat

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 19, 13 10:13 AM
Can anybody figure this one out? I do fine up to the end of wave 5 where a few enemies reach the fort and then on wave 6 I just get overwhelmed and everything makes it into the fort. It doesn't matter what towers I place in what combination or upgrade, it's never enough to kill them quick enough, they always reach the fort.

I have purchased every single upgrade in the ingame shop, my towers are as strong as can be and I've unlocked all the locked locations on the map. But even with all that and trying every possible combination of tower placement and upgrades, it's just never enough. I've been at this almost nonstop for the last 2 days. I have never had such difficulty with a map in a tower defense game before.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:2-20 Hard mode Impossible to beat

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Aug 20, 13 7:45 AM
i agree - this level is really hard. I can't even beat it on easy mode (also have all the upgrades) so am stuck now!

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 20, 13 8:41 AM
I have gotten three Stars on Easy and Normal; one Star on Hard.

I am not close to three Stars on Hard as I loss more than 20 lives.

To get where I am I use Cannon and Support Tower only. Four fully upgraded Support Towers (which influence all but one tower location) and the rest Machine Gun Cannons.

Does anyone else a more productive tower configuration?

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 3:15:11 AM PST

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Aug 23, 13 2:06 PM
Have you purchased all your upgrades? If you have maxed them out, it should be a breeze.

I had no problem beating them all. Try that and see if it works.

Good luck! This is a fun game!

Culgan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Culgan on Aug 23, 13 7:28 PM
Seji wrote:Have you purchased all your upgrades? If you have maxed them out, it should be a breeze.

As is quite clearly stated in the original post, I have purchased every single upgrade from the ingame store. My towers are maxed as they can be, I've tried this map countless times for 2 days almost nonstop. I simply can't figure it out.

Perhaps you'd like to give us all some tips since you had no problem beating it on hard?

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Aug 25, 13 2:35 AM
Seji wrote:Have you purchased all your upgrades? If you have maxed them out, it should be a breeze.

Seji,
Yes I have all the upgrades. What type of defensive units did you use?

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Sep 1, 13 7:23 PM
Does anyone have a foolproof answer to level 2-20?? I have maximum upgrade on everything and I have been trying for days. I have run this one over 20 times and I cannot beat it!! I have tried every combination, even the ones suggested but I fail at the last hurdle. Those that say they have done it (and on hard mode - I am still on easy) how have you done it? How come you can and I can't. This is so frustrating. I am using my spells as often as I can but it is the fishy ones that let loose their babies that are the problem.If they reach the fort you are done for as each time you kill one the small ones enter the fort and that's it - game over!! Which are the best weapons to use? and where? HELP....

dmontgo
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by dmontgo on Sep 2, 13 3:11 PM
I am also stumped on level 20! But I am in easy mode! I get to wave 6 and then just can't hold them off. I have tried multiple combinations of towers...but cannot figure it out! Anyone have suggestions???? The other levels were challenging and some required several tries....but they were doable. This one just feels impossible!

[Post New]by al0013 on Sep 6, 13 6:06 AM
I got three stars in Easy and Hard mode but I can't seem to do it in Normal mode. What I learned from YouTube videos someone posted for other levels is to NOT always upgrade your weapons fully. Use lots of canons upgraded to two stars and spread fully upgraded money shacks (I forget what they're called) around the map to give each weapon extra strength.

I wish I could remember exactly what I did in Hard mode and replicate it in Normal mode but I'll keep trying.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Sep 6, 13 11:26 PM
Has anyone managed to get this on easy mode? I have managed 2 stars, but get overwhelmed in wave 6 as well. Is there musch difference between the easy and hard modes for this one, cannot imagine a harder level. Would be nice if the game developers could provide proof of completion for some of these difficult levels.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 16, 13 11:40 AM
Yes, I just now completed 2-20 on easy difficulty. I used temporary green towers: no green towers, but when a boss gets near the fort, sell a machine gun (I had all machine guns apart from support towers for the final wave) and make a green tower and click on the boss. I somehow avoided the mysterious loss of hearts for no reason. My rationale is that I only used the green towers when there were no enemies to come on at the edge of the screen in their range, which is my current theory about what causes the mystery loss of hearts. For the final wave, I used 3 green towers to stop the second blue-white ship (only one for the first). I'll put the video up on you-tube, but I can't guarantee it will work for others given that it uses green towers. Also, I didn't quite have all the upgrades (I got bored of replaying 1-20 a zillion times!). In particular, I didn't have the very last upgrade of crossbow tower range, but I had the most important stuff at full upgrades, except not all of the spells, some were at one less than maximum. In case it matters, I'll add the upgrade screens to my video. It also occurs to me that, for people who haven't got all the upgrades, they might want to hold back on the full set of upgrades of crossbow range in case that turns out to be significant. Your support towers and the stamina spell add to this range. I didn't have the last stamina range upgrade.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 16, 13 12:37 PM
I posted the video of 2-20 3 stars on you-tube. Search for Fort Defense 2-20 easy 3 stars. Should be available in a day or so.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Sep 18, 13 7:08 AM
I finally completed 2-20 with 3 stars on hard difficulty. I didn't really expect to make it, as I still haven't got all upgrades, so I wasn't recording at the start. I just recorded the important final wave. I'm just about to put the video up on you-tube. The method is to use temporary green towers for bosses like I did for 2-20 easy, but also find some way to defeat all the minor enemies, for which I used flame-thrower upgrades of catapults for the ground units and my trusty miniguns for the air. I still nearly lost. Good luck, hope you avoid the lost hearts bug.

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Oct 29, 13 3:30 PM
I finally got 2-20, 3 stars on hard. I used some weird tricks to do it.

Near the end of the second wave I had a support tower on my fort (the range boosted spot), and a lot of crossbows, many with one upgrade. At the end of the wave, the spot at the right that was spawning sea monsters started sending out a string of six balloons. When the fifth appeared, I paused and sold all damage towers that might hit the sixth. I carefully allowed towers to take out the fifth without allowing any damage to the sixth. I then sold all damage towers (but kept the support tower) and built a teleport tower. I put it on the leftmost spot of that bottom strip of 4 spots, so the balloon would be in range for a long time as it looped around to head towards the fort. I then built as many mines as I could. As the balloon kept looping around and being teleported back, I used the money from the mines to build more mines on all empty spaces. I then let things run at double speed until the balloon popped (it took a tiny amount of damage from each teleport). I then had over 20k of money.

This is the only use I've found for the teleport tower. (the bosses are immune)

I like machine guns and fire towers, but for spaces that are too far from enemies, I use longer range towers like the rocket tower or the sniper rifle. That lets these spaces contribute some damage. I can switch to machine guns if enemies start swarming near.

Note that if towers like the fire tower and the sniper rifle are built from scratch, (with the game paused), they will be able to fire very soon after. Thus, it is possible to turn money into a very high rate of damage by rebuilding these towers after each shot rather than waiting for them to fire again on their own. This is a little harder with artillery because selling a tower also sells any missile in flight. The missile has to hit before the sale, for the damage to count. It's best to have the artillery hit a very close enemy so it's hit quickly.

When you select an enemy, all towers that can will target it. If you then select another enemy, towers that could hit the first but not the second will continue to target the first.

When selling a tower, you get a good fraction of the total purchase cost if it wasn't upgraded, or if it was upgraded only once. The fraction drops it the tower had more than one level of upgrade.

[Post New]by metuttle on Mar 1, 14 10:37 AM
I just figured it out, its was the placement of my 3 support towers so that I had all but two of the guns lit-up. I put 8 Arty out two at each entry point on the board, the rest were Fast Cannon; switching out one for a Green Dart Tower occasionally during stage 6 too slow down the middle. I put my support towers one on the far left center entry point, the one that is a "+", one on the tip of the small island on the last gun position on the right side, and the last one just behind the defense gate to the right. Lastly I got the inbound hordes early in kill zones, can't believe how well it went, mmm after about 50 tries

Best all,

Edited on 03/01/2014 at 10:39:19 AM PST

Go to: