TGT: Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 7, 09 12:04 AM
Getting excited again! Anyone played it? Is it good? Poodle need two thumbs up and Scotcat need an "interesting"!!! Thanks. J

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:TGT: Curse of the Pharaoh: Napoleon's Secret

[Post New]by MoreOver on Mar 7, 09 12:08 AM
I just bought it without even demo'ing it. LOL, why bother? I just know I'm going to buy it when all is said and done.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 7, 09 12:09 AM
Just downloading it now, bound to be good, I´ve got no credits left.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 7, 09 12:11 AM
If it's like the first one...... I never bought the first one.

Here is the thread from 1 year ago about the first Curse of the Pharaoh:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/529.page

I am begining to hate Egypt!! Why always in Egypt?? I will try the demo though, but heard it's pretty much like the first one with a few changes.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 7, 09 12:13 AM

EdnaMoles
Clownfish
Clownfish
824 Posts

[Post New]by EdnaMoles on Mar 7, 09 12:19 AM
Liked the first one, still have it on my desktop, will get this one also. Waiting for WMC2. Well goodnight everyone

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Mar 7, 09 12:34 AM
What is the object of this game? I don't get it. And it doesn't tell you what you are looking for, or what to do next. Help please. Thankssupiscious:

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 7, 09 1:05 AM
Robilyn - can see what you mean especially if you haven't played the first one. Put as well as I can you just need to start clicking on the differences and then comes the tutorial. You also need to find 3 coins on each picture. then there is an extra bit like a missing piece of wall - you need to find it and then put it where it belongs. also there is a piece of Pharoahs mask to find. On the extra missing items - ie wall - it may not necessarily be within the picture where it needs to be placed. Hope that helps - not good at explaning!

Like this game and will buy.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 7, 09 1:15 AM
Can anyone tell me how long this game is?
I'd appreciate it.
Thank you for your input.
Joy

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 7, 09 1:29 AM
Ok, I played 40 minutes of the demo and had to quit. There are like 2 HO scenes to every 4 STD's scenes. Too many STD's scenes gave me a headache & irritated me. The tutorial & pop-up signs practically do all the thinking for you. This game has plenty of instructions.... almost too many which takes most of the challenge out of it.

Good graphics.
Ok music & sound effects.
Too easy for me + I hate all the STD's.
The "mini puzzles" I got to play were so easy it's like, why bother?
There are "power ups" to buy with the tokens you find (3 coins in each scene).

Cute game for many, but just not my cup of tea.
I have no clue how long it is, but I got through almost 2 sets (chapters of 6) in 40 minutes + mini game(s).

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 7, 09 2:06 AM
I lasted 11 minutes. Totally agree with you. And I couldn't stand the guy's voice! Way too busy and I can only stand so many STDs. Graphics and music were fine.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Mar 7, 09 2:11 AM
I liked the first one so I did the Demo. I did buy it despite the STDs which I really don't like to do usually. This game has most of the things the first game had but has a bit of a twist with the STDs in that you are "putting back" or "correcting" things instead of just plain old STD.

Some features:
No Timer, at least none I noticed.
Auto Hints and Tutorials that can be turned off (go to the Options screen).
Catch Anubis to get more Hints (same a in the first game).
Find 3 coins in each scene and purchase Power Ups in the Store.
Find pieces in one scene to use in another (same as first game).
Click too much and the lights go out but you do get a flashlight.
Percentage of scene completed is shown so you know where you need to return to finish (same as first game).
Mini Games in Demo were fairly easy.

There are some dark spots but I left the Auto Hints on and after a long wait was shown an item. Some items may be small but I did not find that any were too small. I could see everything I was looking for except the dark items in dark spots which is why I left the Auto Hint on.

I did not like the Professor's comments. He is one mean old man! I also really thought it was silly to replace some of those items in the STDs, I would rather remove a giant watch that replace it.

All in all, this is not a difficult game (at least in the Demo) but it does has some challenges that you may need to think about. If you liked the first game, you will probably enjoy this one too.

gringojoy
Catfish
Catfish
1,739 Posts

[Post New]by gringojoy on Mar 7, 09 2:28 AM
Thank you very much, bribling!
I'm going to bed now & I'll most likely download this game in a day or two.
Thank everyone for saying how they feel about this game.
Take care & hugs to all.
nighty night (headache & it's real bad)
Joy

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Mar 7, 09 2:33 AM
Auto Hints and Tutorials that can be turned off (go to the Options screen).

I did have them turned off & they still kept coming.

I didn't like that old fart either. I was playing along in the game and then out of the blue he starts belting stuff out. My first thought was "where did you come from all off a sudden?" My second thought was "Go away you old codgy fart". I personally think he has a drinking problem.

Some scenes you find stuff and then put it back. I was like, OK, that's cute, but what did that accomplish?

This is one of those 50-50 games. Half of the people will love it, half will hate it. I would play it if I got REALLY desperate, which I am not.

Btw... good synopsis bribling.

PS.... one creepy note. I started the demo and it already knew my name!

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 2:37:22 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 7, 09 2:57 AM
scotcat wrote:PS.... one creepy note. I started the demo and it already knew my name!

Don't let it creep you - it's just reading the registered owner of your computer that can be found if you right click My Computer and look at properties. I know this because my registered is the company who built my sustem, so really obvious when that pops up.

Cats here's your requested

I really liked the first and I like this one as well. Not surprised scotcat found it too easy, always is for her. It's not majorly challenging so far, but fun and has several elements I enjoy:

Interesting Story
Pleasing music and graphics
No Timer
Inventory items that carry from one scene to another.
Extra goodies to find in each scene (mask pieces, coins for power-ups)

The Spot the Diff puzzles I don't find tedious because I like Spot the Diff in general and these are the right level of challenge. By choice I suppose I'd rather have more HO to Spot the Diff ratio but it's ok. I am thinking the end of chapter puzzles will become more difficult as that was the case in the first. Don't know that they will and it was good enough as is to earn my credit and my upward thumbs. Not earth shattering omg it's my fave evah or anything, but a good solid game imo that had me involved until the end of the demo.

My one concern is there were power-ups to buy that talked of fire and water levels and you could buy extinguishers or air tanks for "More Time" so that might prove a bad timed element. WIll report back when I run up against those.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Mar 7, 09 4:03 AM
Thank you Poodle . Enjoying this game - have met with the fire scene and found it more annoying than anything!!! The puzzles do seem to be getting harder but keep your interest going. Once again - you seem to be "dead on" for my particular enjoyment of a game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 7, 09 5:39 AM
catsholidayhome wrote:Thank you Poodle . Enjoying this game - have met with the fire scene and found it more annoying than anything!!! The puzzles do seem to be getting harder but keep your interest going. Once again - you seem to be "dead on" for my particular enjoyment of a game.

I agree with you about the fire room. I had plenty of coins to buy the fire extinguisher and it doesn't run out, so eventually I just let it burn, looked in the places the fire wasn't, then put it out when it got out of hand, rinsed/repeated. It wasn't a stopper, which was a relief, but yeah, kinda annoying. But so far it's the only negative to the game and I'm liking it quite well other than that.

[Post New]by Wentzell_Old_Dad on Mar 7, 09 5:58 AM
Hi Poodlebear,

You are “Spot On” as usual. You were right on your comment to Scotcat, more and more of the games are doing that these days. With respect to her skill at these games I too find what she considers “Too Easy” is just right for Judy and myself. Look forward to buying this one, as soon as Judy gives the OK. Been meaning to purchase the first for sometime, just haven’t got around to it yet. Now I have the excuse to buy it also! LOL

Thanks to both of you for your comments on the game. Looks as if this one and it’s predecessor will make our buy list.

Happy Gaming All,
OldMan44

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 7, 09 6:28 AM
I don't care for spot the differences scenes, but I can put up with them usually if there aren't too many of them. But this game only gives you one pointer, not parallel ones, then has things like 4 identical items in an irregularly spaced row on one side, and only 2 of them on the other - so I have to guess which are the 2 that are extra on the side with 4.

I'm not going to bother. Guess I'm just grumpy today.

solarsarah
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by solarsarah on Mar 7, 09 6:45 AM
I liked this game. It is very much like "Curse of the Pharaoh: The Quest for Nefertiti." Having enjoyed the first one, I promptly purchased this one. I had to zero the volume for the sound effects, to rid myself of the irritating man's voice. Being able to click on the jackal seemed easier in this game than in "Nefertiti." (It is doubtful that my reflexes have become any better.) The areas of the reversed scenes made the find the differences a little more challenging.

Edited on 03/07/2009 at 6:47:17 AM PST

Go to: