bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 20, 13 1:08 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 09/06/2013 at 4:36:13 PM PST

pita1234
Guppy
Guppy
147 Posts

Re:Post any Imperial Island: Birth of an Empire technical issues here only

[Post New]by pita1234 on Aug 20, 13 5:30 AM
I can't open game - I get message that says I'm "out of video memory" - however, I can play games downloaded from other sites. I try to uninstall the game, and it says I can't because it's running - but it isn't! I've shut down my computer and restarted - same problem. Help, please.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 20, 13 6:06 AM
Heya pita1234,

It sounds like your computer is having some problems to run the game. This often happens when some of the software on your computer is in need of a small update before it can process the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to get everything up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

libbyb54nc
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by libbyb54nc on Aug 20, 13 10:08 AM
I had the same problem and had to restart my computer in order to get the game to stop playing even though it wasn't. I just uninstalled it after restarting my computer, I don't like buggy programs. I know everything is updated as it should be.

annedelny
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by annedelny on Aug 20, 13 10:26 AM
pita1234 wrote:I can't open game - I get message that says I'm "out of video memory" - however, I can play games downloaded from other sites. I try to uninstall the game, and it says I can't because it's running - but it isn't! I've shut down my computer and restarted - same problem. Help, please.

I had the exact same problem. What a pain it was trying to uninstall and it saying it was still running! However, when I closed and restarted my computer, I was able to uninstall it. I've never had that problem before.

[Post New]by lostsoulkiara on Aug 20, 13 11:30 AM
Every one can't have memory problems !!! Mine said the same thing did a memory test and every thing is fine with my computer .Think it's a problem on your end

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 20, 13 11:41 AM
Hello All,

I'm sorry to hear that you're seeing that memory error.

If you've already updated relevant software on your computer, as suggested by Biwa, please contact our Tech Support Team, so we can do more investigation to help sort this out. This will also give us more information so we can escalate the issue, if need be.

To reach them, click on the 'Help' link on the top right-hand side of your screen, and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Aug 20, 13 1:07 PM
I tried to exit the game so I could buy it. I clicked on Menu ... and it showed me all the options.

I clicked Main Menu and nothing happened. So I tried clicking everything else ... nothing. I had to ctrl-alt-del to exit.

I would really like to get the game but being able to actually exit the game is kinda important. Any ideas.

I'm running Windows 8

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Aug 20, 13 2:15 PM
I bought the game after having played the demo and then when I shut it down, it uninstalled itself. I had to re-install the game.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 20, 13 2:46 PM
Hi TigerJo714,

It sounds like the game may have frozen, rather than that button not working, since the other buttons were not working either. If that continues to happen, I recommend reinstalling the game to see if that gets it working. You can find info on doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not working, please let our Tech Support Team know so they can look further into that for you as well.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

perky1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by perky1 on Aug 20, 13 3:05 PM
pita1234 wrote:I can't open game - I get message that says I'm "out of video memory" - however, I can play games downloaded from other sites. I try to uninstall the game, and it says I can't because it's running - but it isn't! I've shut down my computer and restarted - same problem. Help, please.

This is exactly what I had and I tried numerous times. As a long term FISHIE I expect better than this when games come out. We are all not having computer problems...problem is on your end. Another game I will not get to play because it wasn't properly tested for download errors.

[Post New]by bemusednlv on Aug 20, 13 7:05 PM
When I download the game the computer tells me that I'm 'out of range'. I've not a clue what that means. Any ideas?

TigerJo714
Stingray
Stingray
5,122 Posts

[Post New]by TigerJo714 on Aug 20, 13 8:33 PM
bfgSeine wrote:Hi TigerJo714,

It sounds like the game may have frozen, rather than that button not working, since the other buttons were not working either. If that continues to happen, I recommend reinstalling the game to see if that gets it working. You can find info on doing that here on our help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">Uninstall / Reinstall a Game</a>

If that's not working, please let our <a href="http://bigfi.sh/18DIVz3">Tech Support Team</a> know so they can look further into that for you as well.

I hope that helps,

bfgSeine

Thanks Seine. I guess I just wasnt' thinking this morning I tried and it worked. On my next exit, I got an Access Violation error and was thinking . So I tried one more level and it worked just fine. Bought it am loving it.

ml011384
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ml011384 on Aug 21, 13 3:10 AM
I got the same "out of video memory" message, too, and as the other fishies mentioned, I tried to uninstall and it wouldn't let me. The solution I found around it is by going into Task Manager, go to processes, scroll down until I found "ImperialIsland.exe", clicked on it, and then ended process from there.

It seemed like an interesting game, but such a pity that it's not playable on my computer. I have over 300 (if not over 400) games, most of them bought from this site, and personally, I find it bordering on ridiculous when a game requires me to turn off all other applications that I have running in the background in order for me to play it - IF closing all the other applications indeed is the solution to letting me play the game.

Edited on 08/21/2013 at 3:11:24 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 21, 13 3:42 AM
Hi folks!

Out of range or video memory errors can be caused by a couple things, but often times it means that the game isn't compatible with the resolution or refresh rate set. Adjusting those settings can sometimes help, and our help article here has some steps on doing that:

Screen Resolution

If you have tried the advice already offered for this issues and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at what is going wrong with you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Aug 21, 13 4:49 AM
i to am having the 'out of memory, try to close other applications' also, i tried a suggestion that BFG has on there help page but it didnt work
I checked the graphics performance on my HP vista 64bit quad core desktop pc, it has a graphics performance of 3.5, not the best i know.
So i tried this game on my laptop which is a toshiba 64bit intel 5i which on checking has a graphic performance of 4.7, so i downloaded the game again on it and it loaded ok, it looks a fantastic game, so i played for a while but what i found it did freeze now and again, i didnt want to alter anything so i played the demo to the end thinking they might be only temporary but they went on all the way through it.
I could have possibly altered the screen but i didnt want to spoil game lol.
So my conclusion is that your desktop/laptop needs to have decent graphics performance to work, hope this helps.
As someone else said we all have different desktop pc/laptops, but a graphics performance index would help gamers when dowloading games, but i could be wrong of course.
Seems a lot of games on BFG are getting very intrusive for there games to work lately, and we aint all got high spec machines to play them on.

PS Lost 20mins by it saying cant uninstall because another game was running!! and i had to shut down the pc and then uninstal, OMG!!!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 21, 13 5:41 AM
Heya dueler,

Thanks for bringing this up, I'm sure it will help some users with their error messages!

As games keep developing unfortunately do keep getting heavier on the system so it can be difficult to play a newer release if you computer is already a bit older. If you find that you are experiencing problems even though your computer should meet all the requirements, it's always a good idea to make sure that all your software like graphic card drivers and Adobe Flash and Shockwave are up-to-date. You can find some easy steps on how to do that by clicking here. Often a simply uninstalling and reinstalling the game can clear some issues with the game as well (for example if it doesn't react properly).

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

polarglen
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by polarglen on Aug 21, 13 12:54 PM
I had all of the above problem plus my screen flipped so that everything was upside down! System restore took care of that problem, but clearly this game has some serious technical problems. I bought this game without trying it out first. Hope you'll let us know when it is fixed.

Ariinya
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Ariinya on Aug 21, 13 3:19 PM
When I installed the game, it immediately showed that I had no more time left on the demo. I had never played it before! Right now, I've uninstalled it and reinstalling to see if that does anything. If not... what should I do?! I haven't even had the chance to open the game and play it!

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Aug 21, 13 7:32 PM
Hi BigFish

We are now a handfull of players who have finished the game without being able to trigger the "secret mission". Could you please check with the devs and figure out, if they somehow forgot to put it in there?

There is a limit to how secret a secret mission should be...

Go to: