Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Too Many Hints

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Aug 20, 13 1:36 PM
Does turning off the tutorial also disable the annoying, frequent hints? I want to play at my own pace...not that of the developers!

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Re:Too Many Hints

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Aug 20, 13 2:44 PM
Hi Bilyeu5,

When starting a new game, you'll be asked if you'd like to enable tips, which may be what is popping up there. If you'd like to remove those, I recommend starting a new game, disabling the tutorial, then ensuring that you click no when asked if you'd like tips turned on.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 21, 13 5:57 AM
Heya Bilyeu5,

I just wanted to add to bfgSeine's comment that you also have the possibility to disable the tutorial in the Options menu without having to restart the game.

This should indeed disable the hints that you are getting .

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Aug 22, 13 12:02 PM
I turned off Tutorial and I am still getting hints. Annoying!

Sherry__Rose
Minnow
Minnow
233 Posts

[Post New]by Sherry__Rose on Nov 6, 13 7:18 PM
Scobeaux wrote:I turned off Tutorial and I am still getting hints. Annoying!

I totally agree with you, Scobeaux! These pesky move suggestions/hints are beyond annoying and the only thing I don't like about this amazing game. However, I've seen these hints in all of the M3's I've played. Note to Match 3 developers: Some of us like to play leisurely, eating our lunch while playing, etc., and we don't WANT suggestions for moves. We'd rather puzzle out the next move at our leisure. I realize that those who play in "timed" mode probably love the hints, but many of us do not play timed. Without the next move hints, it's a bit like a relaxing game of chess or checkers. One can analyze the consequents of the next potential move to get the maximum effect and to create a future match. My suggestion is to put "hints" in the Options section of a game. That way we can decide if we want them or not.

Scobeaux
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Scobeaux on Nov 8, 13 7:30 AM
I play timed and I don't like the hints because they are distracting and I want to plan my own moves. So as Sherry_Rose says, let us turn them off!

skippystwin
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by skippystwin on Aug 29, 14 2:18 PM
I agree. I really like this game. Graphics are great. But I am SO sick of exploding bombs, firecrackers, rockets, etc. I just want to match three or four, BY MYSELF. Too bad this isn't an option. I'm getting non-trophies for not using the gimmicks! I also bought Imperial Island #2 and really like that one.

Go to: