Irmalover
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Bug galley cabinet

[Post New]by Irmalover on Aug 21, 13 3:49 PM
To start with: I have the pc version of the game.

I was preparing the Curse Begone when I discovered that I forgot to take the pestle from the Galley cabinet. I returned to the galley to take it. When I got the cursor over the cabinet the arrow turned into a magnifying glass as it should be. But when I clicked I couldn't enter the cabinet. The hint however still says 'Let us search the Galley cabinet for useful objects'.
I'm completely stuck and have to play the game all over again.

Bug galley cabinet

[Post New]by teryleandro on Aug 21, 13 5:34 PM
Irmalover wrote:To start with: I have the pc version of the game.

I was preparing the Curse Begone when I discovered that I forgot to take the pestle from the Galley cabinet. I returned to the galley to take it. When I got the cursor over the cabinet the arrow turned into a magnifying glass as it should be. But when I clicked I couldn't enter the cabinet. The hint however still says 'Let us search the Galley cabinet for useful objects'.
I'm completely stuck and have to play the game all over again.

Is this really the only option - to start over again?

Irmalover
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Bug galley cabinet

[Post New]by Irmalover on Aug 21, 13 7:06 PM
I fear so. Currently I have started again and I'm going a lot faster now.

[Post New]by BrightEyes64 on Aug 24, 13 8:48 AM
I am experiencing the same bug. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Made sure video card drivers are up to date. No luck

teq8
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by teq8 on Aug 29, 13 3:14 PM
Same issue here. I have been emailing back and forth with tech support but nothing is working. I uninstalled and reinstalled too but that didn't work either.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Sep 5, 13 2:03 PM
I've just hit this bug as well - when I finished finding the third set of ingredients, the cabinet closed out before I could pick up the needed items, and now won't let me back in. Pretty irritated that the only option seems to be to go back and re-start the game.

[Post New]by judykm on Sep 5, 13 8:43 PM
I have this problem also. Can't get pestle from cabinet. Frustrating - this is the second collectors edition I have played and had to restart the last one also. Frustrating!

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Sep 6, 13 8:45 AM
I ran into this issue as well. I've been going back and forth with a rep in Customer Support and experiencing nothing but frustration. She said she had no record that this was a known issue, though I did send her a link to this forum post. She had me run a Dr. Felix report, and asked me to run a graphics driver update, but I already have the latest driver available.
I finally broke down and restarted the game and this time through, I made sure I collected the pestle before the knife and bag of flour. The first time I played I collected the knife and after I collected the bag of flour, the scene closed out and I was unable to get back in even though the magnifying glass still appears when I cursor over the galley cabinet. Obviously this is not an issue with my computer since I'm playing on the same machine. Yes, I am able to play the game, but it's extremely annoying to have to restart when you're 4 chapters into a 6 chapter game. Even more so when it's a Collector's Edition that cost $14.
I generally have found Customer Support to be helpful, but not so much in this case.

[Post New]by Typhoon3060 on Sep 7, 13 3:08 AM
It isn't only a problem in this location. I am finished the game and playing the extra chapter in the Collector's Edition and missed an object. So far, no matter what I do I can't get the object, the area just registers as completed, consequently, I can't finish the final part of the chapter.

The Strategy Guide shows me where the object is. The owl tells me where I have to go but no "looking glass" appears to tell me I can go to the spot. I am going to try opening the game again but I suspect it is a glitch that causes a location to register as finished when it isn't.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 8, 13 12:03 AM
Typhoon3060 wrote:It isn't only a problem in this location. I am finished the game and playing the extra chapter in the Collector's Edition and missed an object. So far, no matter what I do I can't get the object, the area just registers as completed, consequently, I can't finish the final part of the chapter.

The Strategy Guide shows me where the object is. The owl tells me where I have to go but no "looking glass" appears to tell me I can go to the spot. I am going to try opening the game again but I suspect it is a glitch that causes a location to register as finished when it isn't.

Typhoon3060, if opening the game again doesn't work you might uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes that helps "unstick" a game's stuck spot. You shouldn't lose your game progress. Good luck.

[Post New]by Typhoon3060 on Sep 9, 13 12:35 AM
WilJul wrote:
Typhoon3060 wrote:It isn't only a problem in this location. I am finished the game and playing the extra chapter in the Collector's Edition and missed an object. So far, no matter what I do I can't get the object, the area just registers as completed, consequently, I can't finish the final part of the chapter.

Typhoon3060, if opening the game again doesn't work you might uninstall and reinstall. Sometimes that helps "unstick" a game's stuck spot. You shouldn't lose your game progress. Good luck.

Really!? I won't lose my game progress. I am deleting the game from my computer and downloading it again from the server. I think my progress will be gone.

Regardless, I decided to play the game again. Not the best solution but at least if it happens again I will know it's a game issue that needs fixing.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 12, 13 9:51 PM
Typhoon3060 wrote:
WilJul wrote:

Really!? I won't lose my game progress. I am deleting the game from my computer and downloading it again from the server. I think my progress will be gone.

Regardless, I decided to play the game again. Not the best solution but at least if it happens again I will know it's a game issue that needs fixing.

Really. The game progress file is saved in another location. It is designed that way specifically so you do not lose your game progress with a reinstall. Really.

Go to: