bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 22, 13 12:54 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 1:03:29 AM PST

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by beck77 on Aug 22, 13 3:07 AM
i dont know if anyone else is having the same problem, but i cant get past the hidden object game in the room with the cousin, i have sharpened the knife as much as the game will allow, but cant pick it up so i cant get any further! Im Very frustrated!! Hopefully this will be fixed quickly, because it seems to be a good game!!

annmba
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Post any Twilight Phenomena: Strange Menagerie Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by annmba on Aug 22, 13 4:33 AM
Having the same problem

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Aug 22, 13 4:35 AM
I had no problems.

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Aug 22, 13 4:58 AM
Are you quite sure you have completely sharpened the knife? I thought I had but it turned out I hadn't and once I corrected that I was able to pick it up. You need to sharpen all the way round the perimeter but you still need one (maybe two, I can't remember for sure) clicks more on the middle of the blade itself, try the point and the shaft?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 22, 13 7:48 AM
Hi folks!

If the advice that MinnieK has kindly offered in not doing the trick, I would suggest think uninstalling and reinstalling as this will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on Aug 22, 13 7:52 AM
I'm near in the last chapter. I found Mary and used the racoon on the control button to open the room. I probably went out using the map, and when I entered the location again, the racoon ran towards the drums, but the sweets were already gone.
Now the racoon is gone and I can't get it back. There is no way for me to get the drumsticks - game stopping bug, please fix.

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Aug 22, 13 8:07 AM
Black screen opens when game is started. I can hear the music but nothing else.

qsnapper
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by qsnapper on Aug 22, 13 8:18 AM
I having same problem with the knife ! I have sharpened all edges and the "middle of knife but still can not pick it up! Have re-install game also and problem still persists . Any more suggestions? ThankS

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Aug 22, 13 9:16 AM
qsnapper wrote:I having same problem with the knife ! I have sharpened all edges and the "middle of knife but still can not pick it up! Have re-install game also and problem still persists . Any more suggestions? ThankS

I had this problem too but came on here to have a look and then persevered with it when I read the comments above

That was right as in the end I found it - it just needed one more sharpening. For me it was the one nearest the knife handle on the top row as you look at the screen

[Post New]by kyonan on Aug 22, 13 1:44 PM
Re sharpening the stone knife, I had the same problem with trying to use tool object that would not work correctly. I went back into the game and used the tip of the tool on the outside edges of the knife and it worked.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Aug 22, 13 1:59 PM
If I remember correctly, there's about 5-7 places where you have to sharpen the knife.
Gently move the sharpener all around edges & the tip of the knife till you see a green outline. I started with the tip of the knife, which took me a couple of tries, then on to the edges.

Don't give up to easy, it might take a few tries!

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Aug 22, 13 2:24 PM
I'm having the same problem with the raccoon. He ran over near the drums, not the drumsticks under the rug and now he's gone completely.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 22, 13 3:40 PM
Access Error Violation. Again. Sigh.

[Post New]by pkursch on Aug 23, 13 1:51 AM
Bonniesan wrote:I'm having the same problem with the raccoon. He ran over near the drums, not the drumsticks under the rug and now he's gone completely.

[Post New]by pkursch on Aug 23, 13 1:53 AM
HAVING SAME PROBLEM WITH MISSING RACOON. CANNOT GET DRUMSTICKS.
CANNOT FINISH GAME!
ALMOST AT THE END AND REALLY DO NOT WANT TO RE-INSTALL

[Post New]by petpaws on Aug 23, 13 2:08 AM
I am also having the same problem on the very last chapter where I'm supposed to move the rug in the room right before the Jaguar room, but my raccoon ran off to the NON-EXISTENT sweets and disappeared. I cannot move the rug to obtain the drumsticks either!!! So frustrating to be this close to the end and have a huge glitch like this happen! Uninstalling & re-installing and having to play the ENTIRE game over again would make me go crazy!!! I hope there's a fix for this!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 5:46 AM
Hi folks!

I am not too sure why your games are not operating as they should and although you may prefer not to reload the game, I do think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

In addition, if your game is not responding, opening up or displaying correctly for you, it is worth checking for some updates.

Some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most up to date drivers to perform correctly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

lionscat - An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and following the advice offered:

Access Violation

Finally, we would like to look into that issue with the raccoon further, so if you have tried the advice above and it has not helped, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. We will be glad to investigate this further and work with the developer if needed.

Hoping this information helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

FrauMeike
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by FrauMeike on Aug 23, 13 7:00 AM
I found Mary and used the racoon on the control button to open the room. I probably went out using the map, and when I entered the location again, the racoon ran towards the drums, but the sweets were already gone.
Now the racoon is gone and I can't get it back. There is no way for me to get the drumsticks

I encountered the same problem. The racoon's gone, the sweets, too, and I'm not able to get the drum sticks under the carpet and thus, unable to progress.
I tried un- and re-installing the game, but without success.

I already contacted the support team with a Dr. Felix report, but I'm very disappointed, esp. since this is a (more expensive) Collector's Edition.

[Post New]by nyxie63 on Aug 23, 13 9:08 AM
I'm having trouble getting the full version to launch. The demo downloaded and worked perfectly. However, I've downloaded the full version, clicked "Run" and it does nothing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times. What's up?

Help?

Go to: