It’s Always Good To Know!

[Post New]by ERSGameStudios on Aug 22, 13 4:32 AM
Dear fishies ,
We’re glad to be back with you once again!
This time and with Twilight Phenomena 2 : Strange Menagerie the whole experience is going to be one that most definitely, you’re not going to forget!
Having said that let’s see where will we be actually heading this time?
This one is going to be a long trip to Mexico to find your cousin Mary while having the cutest little assistant EVER!
The most adorable little raccoon that you could ever imagine, awfully charming and super entertaining but certainly that is not the only thing that makes this game AMAZING!
There is something about this game and its brilliant atmosphere that you’ll be perfectly picturing yourself blending in the ancient Mexican culture, its most hidden mystery and marvelous beauty!
You fishies certainly deserve only the very best and we do know that!
SO we are constantly thinking of ways of making you enjoy the game even more and this time, we’ll be surprising you EVERMORE!
YES! Starting with Twilight Phenomena : Strange Menagerie YOU the player would be having two of the following options:
a. To play the game WITH the Hidden Object Scenes
b. To play the game WITHOUT the Hidden Object Scenes

We’ve done our best and hope that you’ll be enjoying every minute of the game!

Cheers,
ERS Game Studios

Re:It’s Always Good To Know!

[Post New]by FloridaGirl7264 on Aug 22, 13 4:56 AM
ERS has the best games! Thanks for the latest! Off to play!

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Aug 22, 13 5:01 AM
Hi ERS, thanks for another great-looking game. I haven't got very far into it yet (real life intervenes!) but so far I'm enjoying it very much, though I have to say that I'm still not convinced by the recent fashion for cute little helpers. I prefer to have to use my brain to overcome a challenge rather than simply calling on a helper who can fly, climb or squeeze into areas I can't reach.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 22, 13 5:21 AM
Thanks for dropping in. It's nice to know someone out there is listening. I am currently downloading the game without the demo. I have never had a bad ERS game yet. Some are better than others, but that might be a personal bias. Keep up the good work. By the by, love the little critters.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 22, 13 5:50 AM
Hi ERS, glad you dropped in.

Love the newest game, and highly commend giving the player the alternatives between HO and puzzle scene (although I'm a HO fan, it's nice every now and then to do something different), and excellent work with the difficulty modes.

I'm one of those who love your cute critters, especially "mutant" ones, and I don't think it's at all childish or overly cute to collect soap & food for a raccoon. Thought I'd feel pretty silly dressing a pet, but nup, love that too!

All of which would be meaningless if the game wasn't up to par, but it looks like a lot of fun, beautiful to look at (as always), with interesting story and puzzles.

This game is definitely on my buy list and I rate it 5 in my review.

Good work - I love how you respond to our feedback, it's just wonderful!

Justie

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 5:51:18 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 22, 13 5:52 AM
PS. For the record, I also love the games you make where the player can decide the ending. It makes playing it at least twice essential!

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Aug 22, 13 6:04 AM
Hi ERS and WELCOME BACK you have been missed and thanks for dropping in I'm loving this game and I love how you can set the hint and skip button to recharge very nice touch. I haven't played a lot of the game but so far it's great I love ERS'S sense of humor in all of your games you guys really know how to make me laugh and get my attention especially with the new Haunted Halls that's due to come out I laughed through the whole beta and my goodness is that game ever gorgeous and what a twisted sense of humor you have and I mean that in a good way, it may be your best Haunted Halls yet I'm looking so forward to that one coming and so far Twilight is everything a awesome game should be but then again ERS did make the game so that's to be expected. Gorgeous graphics fun game play precious critters to dress and love and let's not forget a little twisted sense of humor around every corner along with some mystery. Now if you'll excuse me I think I hear my little raccoon calling me so I must go attend to his needs. Thank you ERS you guys are simply the best ! Thanks again for stopping by and keep up the great work and don't stay away so long please.

Edited on 08/22/2013 at 6:08:30 AM PST

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 22, 13 6:04 AM
Welcome to the pond ERS. Once again you have outdone yourselves with excellent entertainment. I've d/l the demo and only had time to make it through the door to help the coon escape. LOL I love the pets in the games. I only d/l your demo's to be sure that my computer will actually speak to your game so now I'm off to purchase. Thanks for all the hours of fun provided by ERS.

cathyok
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by cathyok on Aug 22, 13 6:11 AM
I also have never gotten a bad game from ERS so I am off to buy without trying first. I am so happy you are back with another game and Thank you so much for coming to the forum, it shows you really care what we think

Robilyn
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,962 Posts

[Post New]by Robilyn on Aug 22, 13 6:29 AM
Great game ERS. I love everything about it. It is so visually pleasing. I spend more time looking at all of the art work then I have playing the game. Love, Love, Love, it....

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Aug 22, 13 6:30 AM
Hello ERS! Nice of you to drop by
It is a shame that none of your games will work on my computer as I understand they are excellent. (and yes, I have tried everything to fix this)

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Aug 22, 13 6:32 AM
Thanks for stopping by ERS! I haven't been able to play it yet but given all the good things being said about this game i will certainly demo it later when i get back home. Sounds like you put alot of work into this one. Always nice to see a dev stop by the forums and touch base with it's customers

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Aug 22, 13 6:53 AM
Hi Ers

We always love it when a dev drops into our forums but unfortunately you will find this one a bit on the empty side as we were unceremoniously left floundering after the plug was pulled and the pond drained and so we had to move on. Should you wish to keep in touch I, and my friends, especially our mutual friend Dot whom you liked so much, can be found across the boards. on the internet if you follow the clues.

With regard to Strange Menagerie I have bought it and I am looking forward to playing it but definitely not the dressing up of a raccoon .

1 ... Even though it is a computer game I'm sorry but I find it degrading to the animals to put clothes on them, not matter what sort of animal, but even more so to a 'wild' animal. If they had been meant to wear clothes they would have come ready dressed into the world, they didn't, they came in naked. The same actually applies to humans too .

2 ... You are making games for adults and not children and, while we do love having a cute animal helper only children play dress up and we passed that stage many years ago.

Your graphics look as excellent as always, the story sounds intriguing and the setting being in ancient Mexico is one that I like.

A big thank you for the option of playing with or without the hidden object scenes and for letting us customise the difficulty levels .

Cherb

[Post New]by kittykitten on Aug 22, 13 7:29 AM
[i] Hello ERS,
I want you to know I have all the games you have offered. I have never played the demos I just d/l and dive right in. I really appreciate you visiting the pond with all us fishes, it really shows that you do care and are interested in what we like and dislike about the games you make. I really wish every Devs would take the time to drop by.
With that being said, I feel it makes you "ERS" very special and I know you want to create the best games possible.

Thanks again for stopping by. YOUR THE GREATEST!!!!

Donq47
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Donq47 on Aug 22, 13 8:06 AM
Could not help but notice some of the previous comments on another thread for example, the raccoon. IMO if you don't want to dress him, which I don't BTW, no one is holding a gun to your head. For me the game play has always been the thing.
As long as I'm on my soapbox....lol...someone brought up alternate endings. I don't know what the percentage of buyers are that are willing to play a game again from the start just to see a final scene but I would guess it's on the low side. I always thought that an interesting feature would be to have a turning point in the game, not far from the end, where a decision had to be made that would result in a different chain of events to a different ending. And the selling point is that after completing the game the player can go back to that point and play out the finale.
It just seems to me that something like that would result with more sales, not just for the CE buyer, but even more for those folks that don't buy CE's and have to chose from the SE versions which give them the most value.
Anyway, just my two cents and I do enjoy most ERS games. Cheers.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 22, 13 8:16 AM
Love the ERS games. Never miss one. And, by the by, keep coming with the little helpers. Dressing them up is part of a fantasy game and we love to give them all our affection whenever they are included in a game.

I am sorry for the naysayers that they miss this enjoyment.

Please keep up the good work and thanks for coming to the forum. If I could, I would give everyone at ERS a big hug! Consider it done even if it is long distance. Five x

Lyvia
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by Lyvia on Aug 22, 13 8:29 AM
I beta'ed this and it's a good one. But I am not one for cutesy animals. I love the ability to customize the challenge level, especially the ability to turn off black bar hints. That's fantastic, plus the ability to change the difficulty during gameplay. But it was still a little easy for me and at times, the raccoon would pounce on something I would rather have found myself.

I always love being immersed in the world of ERS games, and this is no different, but am going to wait for the SE and reassess.

I am sorry for the naysayers that they miss this enjoyment.

I'd guess that there are games I love that you don't. It doesn't make one a "naysayer" nor does it mean anyone is missing out on anything. It's just different taste. And I would also assume that the developers would like to hear from what you call "naysayers" as well as just getting positive feedback.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 22, 13 8:36 AM
ERS,

Thank you for this fun, cute, fanciful story. I appreciate all the vibrant colors that you have been putting in your games. Keep doing what you are doing as it appears that I and many others do appreciate the cute critters. Nice change from demons with red eyes IMO. I plan on having a lot of fun with this game as I am still a kid at heart.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Aug 22, 13 9:19 AM
Hello ERS

I very much enjoy your games and I am sure I will like this one as well as soon as I get home to play it. Can't wait.

I am a big kid at heart and often see the humor you place into your games. Keep them coming.

sunshinej

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Aug 22, 13 9:30 AM
Enjoyed the demo, loved the 1st Twilight game.
- Options/customization excellent. Bright colours nice but I wish you didn't have such a wash-out effect w/your graphics; to me that detracts from the lovely art-style
- Fantastic to finally be able to skip HOS, esp for those of us who enjoy the adventure/story of your games but are sick of doing hos-after-hos
I found the mini-game quite fun & a reasonable challenge--plus good practice for all the spin-type puzzles!
- I know some dislike the little helpers; but I enjoy them, think they're fun & that your Co. does them very well, esp the animations. As a Canadian I'm thrilled to see raccoon; she's hilarious. As for dressing her up, I'd far prefer to get the soaps & dress her than to collect morphing objects (which I despise--wrecks the game immersion for me having to peer around for some changing item that's usually useless to story anyhow, just MHO); in fact, collectibles are usually useless which is why I prefer your method of clothes, and to me, it's quite fun).
Nothing can beat the kitten, though; he was the funniest animated pet helper ever & you got his character & jumps so perfectly funny we laughed a lot watching him.
- I also value being able to replay cutscenes & don't buy any CE (unless on deep sale) that does not offer that feature. I enjoy replaying those
- likewise, though some complain about concept drawing, I love seeing that, esp when there ends up being quite some differences btwn original concept & final rendering; plus we use your screen savers & hope you continue offering them.
- option in puzzle for casual or hard is fantastic too; same with how far ahead of most devs you are (& remain on this) re having long ago removed hints/tips w/blackbar texts for hardest without taking away all story-relevant texts--please keep that up!
- achievements in your games are IMO well arranged & worthwhile to try for
- finally, IMO it's great how you try to maintain artistic & storyline themes & in-game focus re taskings/priorities etc re gameplay to reflect each different game series, e.g., loved the fan staying in Puppetshow. I hope that continues as it's noticeable to me when playing & makes game series feel different.
- glad too you're paying attention to stepping-up difficulty of some tasks/puzzles for those of us who've played a lot of your games thus prefer increased challenge to compensate for our growing gaming "experience"

Go to: