PreGab12
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

Windows 8 Bug

[Post New]by PreGab12 on Aug 22, 13 5:33 AM
Hi

We recently bougt new machines with Windows 8. And we've already got the game running without any problems on Windows 7. But in Windows 8 the game suddenly exits - when I change Tank.(not allways - but "out of the blue"). Does any have the same problems,and hopefully a solution ?

Best Regards
Carsten

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Windows 8 Bug

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Aug 23, 13 1:15 PM
I have the exact same problem (worked with Windows 7 but shuts down w/ Windows 8.) Can y'all find fix for this as it's extremely annoying!

[Post New]by bowieboston on Aug 25, 13 5:49 PM
I have the same problem with Windows 8. It's really frustrating having to restart the game.

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Aug 30, 13 10:27 AM
I've contacted tech support but have been told to use the 'game crashing or freezing' which does not address Windows 8 issues. I have responded back that I have tried these things to no avail and am waiting to hear back. I suggest you contact tech support as well; maybe if enough of us complain, they will fix this bug.

LindaJ1956
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Windows 8 Bug resolved :-)

[Post New]by LindaJ1956 on Sep 15, 13 11:27 AM
bowieboston wrote:I have the same problem with Windows 8. It's really frustrating having to restart the game.

I found the fix while attempting to make Monopoly work correctly. All you need to fix this is the by downloading and installing the following:

Microsoft C++ redistributable (86x) 11.0.5027

Hope this helps! I finally have 9 aquariums and no more crashing

geohunter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by geohunter on Dec 14, 13 11:53 PM
I went to Playrix and looked for Aquascapes. The OS was for XP/Vista/Windows 7 there was no OS for Windows 8.So, if it works on your installation of Windows 8 you're lucky. With all the crashes and not being able to go from tank to tank to feed the fish, you can't level up and get more points to go up the next level as easily.

arnold1049
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Windows 8 Bug resolved :-)

[Post New]by arnold1049 on Jul 12, 14 6:15 AM

QUOTE: "I found the fix while attempting to make Monopoly work correctly. All you need to fix this is the by downloading and installing the following:

Microsoft C++ redistributable (86x) 11.0.5027

Hope this helps! I finally have 9 aquariums and no more crashing" END QUOTE

Has anyone else found this fix to work? If so, where do I find this to install?
Thanks.

rrobinson7
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by rrobinson7 on Oct 15, 14 4:04 PM
I downloaded all the Microsoft C++ redistributable (86x) files I could find and still have this problem...really not happy. sent a message to Felix with pic of error message. hope to hear back soon

Error message:
bfgclient.exe - Application error

The instruction at 0x7789f8a2 referenced memory at
0x00000004. The memory could not be written

Anyone have any suggestions as to cause and resolution?
thanks!!!!!
went back in and changed to faster refresh rate for video card. seems to be working. maybe a combination of the redistributable and the faster refresh?

Edited on 10/16/2014 at 6:38:06 PM PST

[Post New]by Tx_Bluebonnet on Nov 14, 14 9:25 AM
I have this problem also, but notice it only happens if I try to switch from one tank to another (I have 10 tanks) to clean or feed the fish. If I do one tank, go play an HO scene, then go do another tank, it doesn't happen. I can sometimes do 2 tanks in a row, but never more than that without playing an HO scene in between. By doing it this way, I never have the problem anymore.

Hope this helps!

Nita
Tx_Bluebonnet

Go to: