bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any League of Light: Dark Omens technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 1:51 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any League of Light: Dark Omens technical issues here only

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Aug 23, 13 7:45 AM
Game downloads ok, but won't finish installing. The meter shows 100%, but hangs there locking everything up. I have to manually shut down computer to clear everything.I have a windows 8 computer.

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 7:53:47 AM PST

jonah11
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by jonah11 on Aug 23, 13 9:28 AM
I am also having problems. The items are not going into the inventory. I have to exit the game and come back to see items appear in the inventory.

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

[Post New]by luvtoread on Aug 23, 13 10:58 AM
Game took a long time to d/l. Finally finished. Got to the part in the
game where the Griffith breaks out of the stable, and the game just
froze.

UPDATE
I shut down computer and restarted game. It turns out I came to
the end of the demo. Not sure why the first time it didn't let me
know.

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 11:05:09 AM PST

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Aug 23, 13 11:01 AM
lovethemopals wrote:Game downloads ok, but won't finish installing. The meter shows 100%, but hangs there locking everything up. I have to manually shut down computer to clear everything.I have a windows 8 computer.
I also had this same problem of the game not completely installing. Please inform us when this problem has been fixed. Hello All,

phisherman and lovethemopals, I'd suggest downloading the game through the Alternate Method in your Big Fish Games app. To do that, open the app (formerly the Game Manager), click on 'Options,' go to the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Alternate Method.' Once you've done this, try downloading the game again

While I appreciate the fast response, it did not work. The game still does not complete installing and completely froze my machine again.

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 11:50:17 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 23, 13 11:12 AM
Hello All,

phisherman and lovethemopals, I'd suggest downloading the game through the Alternate Method in your Big Fish Games app. To do that, open the app (formerly the Game Manager), click on 'Options,' go to the 'Advanced' tab and click 'Alternate Method.' Once you've done this, try downloading the game again.

jonah11, I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling your game to make sure all of the files are installed correctly. It would also be a good idea to restart your computer.

luvtoread, thanks for letting us know that the issue was actually the demo ending! I've made a note of this over here.

If none of the suggestions work, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to look into these issues further.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by morgan108 on Aug 23, 13 4:40 PM
I downloaded the game. When I went to play it, it said that my free trial was almost over!!!! Never got a chance to play!!!! What happened????

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 23, 13 4:44 PM
Hello morgan108,

This can sometimes happen when a file gets a bit mixed up during the download. It's usually fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This will ensure that everything is installed correctly.

If that doesn't work, I'd suggest getting in contact with our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can tech a closer look. To do that, just click on the 'Help' button on the top right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by bubbles10013 on Aug 23, 13 6:13 PM
I'm having an issue during game play. When I get to the part where the Griffin bursts out of what looks like a barn, the game doesn't completely freeze because the griffin is still moving but the screen is dim and anytime I click on the screen a new window pops up and its has the big fish logo and it says something is loading. I've tried to restart the game but that doesn't work. I would really like to buy the game but I wont until I figure out how to get past it. Help Please!!

whoanelly
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by whoanelly on Aug 23, 13 11:03 PM
I had trouble downloading this game. The first time got an Error 6, which has happened with one other game recently. I have had nothing but problems with games lately. After this game finally loaded it would not play. The screen would flash black and then go back to Game Manager and say Your Free Trial is Almost Over. I have played nothing. I have even restarted my computer to no avail. Since this is the demo I don't know that I can uninstall and reinstall or even that I want to at this point after the trouble downloading on top of not being able to play. I have been back and forth with Technical Support and my problems have not been resolved. They are a great group, very patient, and try very hard to help me but things still don't work right. A problem will seem to be partially fixed and worked then goes back to doing what it did before. The last issue Chrome got blamed. Nothing with BF works right anymore and I have wondering how much the new Game Manager has to do with it. I am to the point of using my free game coupon and seeing if I can get one last game and then close my account and part ways with BF and buying more games and just continuing to play the games I have that do work. I have sent two Dr. Felix reports lately( and would have to send another one), downloaded in safe mode and still have problems. I am tired of trying.

Edited on 08/23/2013 at 11:09:23 PM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Aug 24, 13 12:06 AM
The SE says the trial is 855MB, while the CE says the trial is 352MB. Is this a glitch?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 3:30 AM
Hi Folks,

bubbles10013 - it sounds like your game might benefit from a few updates, please have a look at the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help with this process, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

whoanelly - it definitely sounds like there is something up with your Game Manager and as you have been in contact with Tech already, I would presume most of the troubleshooting has been exhausted. This does not mean we will leave you stranded like this however. Please reply to any recent message you have from us to advise that you need a final solution going forward and they will be glad to see what they can do for you.

catbag8717 - I know this is odd but it is not entirely uncommon. Sometimes the software they add to the game to create that cut off point used in the trial/sample version of the game, can make the trial a larger file than the whole game. Weird I know but I hope this info is useful!

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 25, 13 8:17 PM
I have problems with the game too! The game manager says that it is "free game" when you download. It stops when the griffin comes out of the barn and cuts off. It goes to a screen that says "store" and it thinks you are buying the game all of a sudden. I don't know if BFG put that in or what ?? Not a good idea. I go back into the game and the game manager says "free game" again. Not the minutes are left?? I like how many minutes you have left in the demo - I think I had about 30 minutes left. Trying out new ideas BFG???

Edited on 08/25/2013 at 8:19:04 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 26, 13 3:35 AM
Heya cinder555,

Especially for many of our games we don't have a 60-minutes trial but rather a demo version for the game available.

These demos do not necessarily last for the while 60 minutes, instead they end at a fixed point within the game after which it is necessary to purchase the game to go any further. While our developers always try to get the end of the demo as close to the 60 minutes as possible, when you are a fast player it might be that you get through the demo sooner than that.

I hope this helps to clear things up!

bfgBiwa

kainesis2
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by kainesis2 on Aug 28, 13 6:36 AM

[Post New]by lovethemopals on Aug 23, 13 7:45 AM

"Game downloads ok, but won't finish installing. The meter shows 100%, but hangs there locking everything up. I have to manually shut down computer to clear everything.I have a windows 8 computer. "

I am having the exact same problem as lovethemopals. I tried the suggestion and it didn't work. the game freezes at 100% installed and I have to turn off the computer to get out.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 28, 13 4:37 PM
Heya kainesis2,

I'm sorry to hear that the suggestion didn't work. I'd suggest getting in contact with our Tech Support Team so they can take a closer look at what's happening here.

To reach them, just click on 'Help' on the top right-hand side of your screen and then 'Contact Us' on the bottom left.

bfgDeveron

[Post New]by allibaba79 on Aug 29, 13 10:58 AM
I have played a large amount of the game. I got to the part where I was trapped in a room filling with water, I figured out how to get out of the room but after I did, everything on the bottom of the screen disappeared. I have no inventory, no hint button, no map, no menu button to exit the game. The only way I can get out of the game is to control, alt, delete. What do you recommend?

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 10:58:52 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 30, 13 5:52 AM
Hi allibaba79,

I am so sorry to hear that!

It sounds to me that your game may not be functioning as it should so I would encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps.

Creating a new player profile can sometimes help as well, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If the problems persist and you would like some dedicated support on this, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team and they will be happy to offer some more specific support for your issue.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by allibaba79 on Aug 31, 13 3:15 AM
Thanks for getting back to me. If I uninstall then reinstall wont I have to start from the beginning anyways??

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 13 7:17 AM
The good news is that uninstalling and reinstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Go to: