bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for League of Light: Dark Omens

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 1:53 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of League of Light: Dark Omens ? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the League of Light: Dark Omens page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for League of Light: Dark Omens

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 1:54 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 23, 13 1:55 AM
To check out the reviews for the CE version of this game, please click here!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 23, 13 4:45 AM
Solid Entertainment

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
The intro is interesting, if not devastating. We find out much about the story in sepia animations with an excellent voiceover. Throughout the game, we continue to find scrolls which will tell us more about the characters and history of our world.

SIGHTS & SOUNDS
The graphics are very good, not astonishingly beautiful or artistically inspired, but easy on the eyes, very clear and bright, and with some great animations, like the banshee.There are a lot of cut scenes early on, they are active and exciting, speed up the story rather than slow us down, and display the impressive talents of the animation team.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
As a newly inducted member of the League of Light we set forth to eradicate an evil presence in a village in the mountains. Things get exciting the minute we arrive, and we are soon attempting to save a damsel in distress, fight demonic beasts, and overcome the dark lord. In other words, the usual heroics. Looks like fun

MAKING PROGRESS
HO scenes come in two forms. We have “find & use” (progressive) grey shaded pictures. We also have interactive lists which include small puzzles as part of the interaction. The puzzles and mini-games are not as frequent, but they are well conceived and fun. None of them really struck me as being too hard.

Getting around is fairly straightforward, I used the interactive jump map a fair bit, but didn’t miss the hint (it’s a “nothing to do here” one). There’s also a journal, but I didn’t make much use of that either. It is not a long game (9 chapters, timer said 3.5hr for me), but is enough so that you don’t feel you’ve missed out. The ending is very abrupt, but is not setting you up for the CE.

BLING!
The CE has some top quality extras. The stock standards are there, bonus chapter (nothing special), SG and gallery, as well as achievements that are brilliant and diverse and include one for a simple trivia test about the game, different collectibles, and a jigsaw game that you can only play if you get the other awards.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
Is the CE worth the additional cost? I just don’t know, but it’s a good solid game in either edition. Interesting and pleasant to play, not going to give you brain strain, but I doubt it will bore you either.

I recommend this game!

jojoqua
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by jojoqua on Aug 24, 13 8:34 PM
So now it says "Free Trial" instead of "60 minutes left" ??? you are disappointing me daily bigfish.

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Aug 25, 13 8:54 AM
I'd give this game 4 out of 5. The artwork is great and it's super-creepy which I love! Only two complaints....too many puzzles for my taste and the type of puzzle was repeated too much. Also, the ending. I just *hate* going through a great game for hours and have it end REALLY fast, almost chopping the game off.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 25, 13 10:14 PM
This game is really easy in terms of the adventure element, which would be fine for a game to relax with if the story were better. Maybe the suspense improves after the demo.

Negatives for me were:
*Too many cut scenes.
*Way too much explanation of the backstory.
*All of the HOS I encountered in the demo were the progressive silhouette type, which I hate..
*Too many puzzles.

Positives:
*The hints are a directional arrow outside of the HOS.
*The puzzle skip button fills quickly.

So that's it for me. Two stars, no buy.

ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Sep 6, 13 3:42 AM
...hi you all..

I am enjoying the game..but I am stuck with the scull game..got to put them in order so they do not cross...darn it..can't figure it out...I have looked and looked at the chart..

and there is NO SKIP to this game...WHY NOT????

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 17, 13 3:39 PM
This is a great game and held my interest all the way through. Pleasant graphics, and some fairly good voiceovers.

I liked the different hidden object types, the puzzles weren't too hard for me, and the jump map helped a lot too.

The story was okay. At least it made some sort of sense until the VERY ABRUPT ENDING. So sad that SE players get this treatment.

[Post New]by vjl319lvlts on Oct 19, 13 4:28 PM
please help me sign up for the "GAME" League of Light: Dark Omens, I already purchased the Strategy Guide, but have been searching for "GAME" without any luck Please forward it to my email- marilyneason@sbcglobal.net I really enjoyed the trial period, and would be so grateful to have it to play. Thank you soooo much!!!!! Marilyn Eason

[Post New]by Chattewoman on Dec 17, 13 1:25 PM
I enjoyed this game thoroughly. I don't know what you call the HOs that are actually puzzles to be solved...so enjoyable. More of these and puzzles than regular HOs which I really like. I recommend this game highly.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 18, 14 7:39 AM
No doubt a 5 game! One of the best I've played in a long time. Interesting and unique HOS that were fun to play. Several mini games which were easy and also fun...some I skipped mostly because they just took too much time and I wanted to get back into the game. No strategy guide in the SE, but it is not needed.

You can choose your options on how to play the game or accept the ones provided which made it nice. Fantastic graphics and animations, voice overs were good and music was not annoying. Just all around great gameplay. Map was excellent and I used it all the time as there are a lot of scenes to navigate. Skip and Hint are quick if you choose that option at the beginning.

Length was good, not too long and not too short. I assume if you purchased the CE, the story may have had a better conclusion, but that was the ONLY point of dissappointment.

Definately worth the price...don't miss this one.

Edited on 01/18/2014 at 7:41:29 AM PST

runtotorun
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by runtotorun on Aug 18, 14 9:31 PM
I thought this game was excellent. It was so logical that it was entrancing. So many games are so hit and miss that they're quite boring. This had a rhythm to it in it's logic.
Definitely kept me entertained without being taxing. A bit creepy of course but with that title, what can you expect? Yes. I bought the game and would gladly purchase more like it.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Aug 18, 14 10:27 PM
Todays DD (for about another hour and a half): Based on demo which ended far too soon - was it short or was I really into the game?

It's easy but I really like it. Sometimes I don't want to have to think too hard. It seems a bit linear but maybe that stops after awhile? The graphics are first-rate and the navigation is a pleasure, very smooth. The hint button recharges fairly quickly (I didn't actually time it) and I did skip one puzzle just because of time constraints and it didn't take long to skip at all.

It looks like someone from another company's dad is in this game. That was weird at first. The game also reminds me a bit of a company that serves a strange colored beverage, at least at first.

Using the map it seems that the game won't be very long but I could be wrong. I think it's well worth the DD price but I'm tempted to hold off and get the CE.

Decisions, decisions...

Edited on 08/18/2014 at 10:28:55 PM PST

Go to: