bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 1:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 1:55 AM
the game download well and quickly,starts,i choose profile,,clic on play,see a well drawn white crow and.....the game goes back to menu page again and again!i have changed all parameters in options and nothing !the game starts and starts again!bad,very bad!i uninstal!sorry but even if it seems beautiful,it is not worth the price to see only menu page!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 24, 13 1:57 AM
hi Edmee,
Have you DLd the Sample or full version?
Cheers

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 1:58:24 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 2:13 AM
the sample!I have been disapointed enough,now to not do the same mistake!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 24, 13 2:41 AM
Hi edmee1947,

It sounds like the game is unable to display and run as it should on your current settings.

As some newer games are quite sensitive, needing the most up to date drivers to perform correctly, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If those steps don't work or you would like some help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to make some suggestions for you which should help not only this game but all of your games run much more smoothly.

Hoping this helps a bit,

bfgBaikal

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 4:28 AM
thanks,Baikal(a very beautiful lake,indeed!)i have sent a message to tech support with dr felix,now,i'm waiting!not so hard to wait,i have done a charming demo from BFG for upcoming christmas game,that comfort me!

kanmom3
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kanmom3 on Aug 24, 13 8:12 AM
wont let me pick up the shoe in kids room 15 minutes into game doesn't give me much faith in getting this game

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

[Post New]by memaw7 on Aug 24, 13 8:29 AM
I couldn't pick up the mortar and pestle in the kitchen, I made a new profile, skipped everything I could to get back to the same spot and the mortar and pestle weren't on the new list. I'm going to get it and hope for the best.

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 24, 13 9:01 AM
Hello All,

If you're having trouble picking up objects in your games, I would suggest uninstalling and reinstalling that game. This will ensure that all of the files are installed correctly.

It can also work, as memaw7 mentioned, to start the game over with a new profile. This is a good way to go if you haven't gotten too far into the game.

If you're still having issues picking up items after trying these options, please contact our Tech Support Team so one of our Reps can do some investigation into the issue.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

naomi4195
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by naomi4195 on Aug 24, 13 9:03 AM
I bought this game and the bar pops up and says Run and I click on run and the game manager opens but no game downloads. What is going on?

endofmonth
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by endofmonth on Aug 24, 13 9:12 AM
It's not letting me pick up some objects in the first HOG (children's bedroom), the feather and the ruler.

Also it wouldn't let me pick up the cupcake in the rafters in the first scene, but maybe it wants me to get a ladder or something.

bri_rose1978
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bri_rose1978 on Aug 24, 13 9:51 AM
naomi4195 wrote:I bought this game and the bar pops up and says Run and I click on run and the game manager opens but no game downloads. What is going on?

I have the same problem! I've tried it three or four times now, but no game ever downloads.

PerfectSecty
Stingray
Stingray
4,983 Posts

[Post New]by PerfectSecty on Aug 24, 13 10:33 AM
bri_rose1978 wrote:
naomi4195 wrote:I bought this game and the bar pops up and says Run and I click on run and the game manager opens but no game downloads. What is going on?

I have the same problem! I've tried it three or four times now, but no game ever downloads.

I've had this same problem with purchased games since the new game manager/app was introduced.
There is a definite glitch there.

What works for me is to click on Purchase History in the game manager. Then I wait a few minutes and click on the refresh arrows at the top of the game manager. (The blue circle with the curved white arrows.)
The game should now be showing up on the list and you can activate it from there.
This has always worked for me and I hope it works for others too, but it's annoying to have to do it this way.
I hope they fix this soon.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Aug 24, 13 2:43 PM
i get to the bedroom & the games freezes this is the sample dl

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Aug 24, 13 5:07 PM
msdawn01 - Mine did that also. I went to the map and got out of the room and then I was fine from then on. Try that.

msdawn01
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by msdawn01 on Aug 24, 13 10:11 PM
i did that , then i could only pick up 1 item the game would freeze so i think until this glitch is fixed i'll hold off

ogrprincs
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by ogrprincs on Aug 24, 13 11:02 PM
I played for about 30 minutes, but had to close the game as the babies were asking to go out. When I came back the game would no longer play. I was really enjoying this game. I guess I need to un and reinstall to see if that helps.
It's just weird that it was playing fine up until that point. I'll come back and let you know if that solved the problem. I really hope it works.(fingers crossed).

hcg51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hcg51 on Aug 24, 13 11:18 PM
The game is freezing when the rusty Knight speaks.. I have tried several times but it keeps happening. ?

[Post New]by Pookeypookey on Aug 25, 13 2:43 AM
Have bought game but unable to play as it constantly freezes. Have done everything in the help section for this problem but unable to fix.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 25, 13 3:03 AM
Heya Everyone,

As some of you seem to have problems with the game download to actually start up, it could help here to make sure that your Big Fish Games app is already open when you start the download.

endofmonth - When a game doesn't react properly it could help to simply uninstall and reinstall as this will refresh all your game files and make sure they are working properly.

msdawn01 and hcg51 - A game freezing can indicate that your computer is having some problems to run the game. this can happen when some of the software on your computer could do with an update. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

ogrprincs - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! If you keep encountering problem, making sure that your drivers are up-to-date with the steps here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Go to: