DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Informal Discussion and Comments for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 24, 13 1:47 AM
Oh, Goody, the Forum is up and running this time.
Others will provide you with the technical details of this delightful addition to the Eipix Collection of games.
From the game-relevant character encountered telling me to play with sound and the first poem onwards I found myself engrossed in the game play. I suppose there will be some others who will find faults with the game, but I think it is another stellar effort and FUN.
My only real complaint is that the developer's site sent me back here to purchase the game.
Have fun and enjoy this different twist to Hansel and Gretel.
Cheers to all of the CCC refugees. Hope you have backed-up all of your games just in case.

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 1:52:24 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 1:58 AM
sorry,but for me the game starts and starts and starts,and go back to menu page all the time!their white crow is beautiful but it can't be a whole game itself!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Informal Discussion and Comments for Fearful Tales: Hansel and Gretel Collector's Edition

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Aug 24, 13 2:00 AM
Hi edmee,
I saw your post in the Tech thread. What a BUMMER I hope this is a one-off problem.
I have cupcakes to collect.

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 2:08:35 AM PST

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 24, 13 3:59 AM
I'm with you Dragonladyoz,

I found this game totally immersive, and while cupcakes may sound saccharine, they're still fun to find, and the other characters are just plain funny.

Totally different from their other games, shows just how talented and versatile this developer is.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Aug 24, 13 4:10 AM
I saw the old man playing the guitar and immediately thought of Angus from ACDC, lol. I also think it is very like the Drawn games in its style. it sure is a lot of fun. Love the witch's physique, too

Darn, forgot to see how many chapters there are. Oh well. I guess I will find out after I buy it

Jen

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Aug 24, 13 5:38 AM
I am awed by the art. It is very creative and well done. Sadly though, I just find this game mostly annoying and the curser makes me nuts as it looks like it is going to pick up everything. I always play with the game curser. This is the first game in which I would prefer the system curser but as it's a No Buy for me that doesn't matter. I give it a very high score for art and creativity but, for me, the annoyances outweigh even those things.

[Post New]by coffeemom2 on Aug 24, 13 6:22 AM
This is a must-have for me, if only for the artwork. Absolutely charming. I didn't get very far in the demo because I spent so much time enjoying each scene. And the cupcakes!

[Post New]by Tartanpimpernel on Aug 24, 13 6:47 AM
Like Bribling, I find the artwork exceptionally well done. However, that said, I did not find it easy to play with, too many sharp edges, nothing clearly defined. I am afraid I lasted only 20 minutes.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 7:38 AM
i recognize also the" drawn" style,and as in the last drawn i had very,very issues with the daownload between scenes,i have alas! the same with this one!i tried to start on another computer which has not same configuration(xp instead of 7 64bits)not the same type of graphic card('nvidia instead of amd radeon)and it does exactly the same thing:back to menu every time that the white crow has finished its dinner!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Aug 24, 13 7:58 AM
edmee - is your adobe flash player up to date, as well as java. And have you checked for updates on your graphics card? I'm running Win 7 64 bits AMD Radeon card, and not having problems.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Aug 24, 13 8:02 AM
This game is cute. The graphics are fun and whimsical " ala Drawn" style. There are many Ho scenes which I become very bored with unless they are done very well. I thought some of the puzzles were cute albeit fairly simple so far. I gave this game a second look and now I really like it. (except for the many Ho scenes) Guess I was half asleep this morning LOL.

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 11:25:53 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Aug 24, 13 8:30 AM
yes hespera!i have all that drivers updated! and the game make exactly same thing with a second computer which is quite different!i don't have laptop,but if i had one ,not sure it 'll work better!
i have to say that i played the beta (which was very,very short!3/4 hour!) and i had not any issue during it!and ,of course ,i uninstal it before downloading the game!my computer is just reaching 1 year old in september!'sigh'
i'm sad because it is the second game in one year that do the trick!the first worked well on my second computer,not this one!

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Aug 24, 13 11:11 AM
This game is a complete departure from our usual HO's. It's almost childlike and my grandson will surely enjoy it. I thought I might be bored but for some reason I find myself compelled to keep moving forward just to see what is going to happen next. It really is a pleasure to play without snakes and gore for a change. Beautiful music and good voiceovers kudos to the developers.

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 24, 13 1:54 PM
edmee1947 wrote:yes hespera!i have all that drivers updated! and the game make exactly same thing with a second computer which is quite different!i don't have laptop,but if i had one ,not sure it 'll work better!
i have to say that i played the beta (which was very,very short!3/4 hour!) and i had not any issue during it!and ,of course ,i uninstal it before downloading the game!my computer is just reaching 1 year old in september!'sigh'
i'm sad because it is the second game in one year that do the trick!the first worked well on my second computer,not this one!

edmee, , just asking, but do both of your 'puters have the same anti-virus ?

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Aug 24, 13 4:58 PM
Can we buy this game with today's sale?

judyglenning
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by judyglenning on Aug 24, 13 7:29 PM
I enjoyed the game but while I prefer quality over quantity, 3 hours is a little short for a CE game.
I was disappointed it was over so quickly.

akfrosty
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

[Post New]by akfrosty on Aug 24, 13 9:59 PM
bpfrimmer wrote:Can we buy this game with today's sale?

Yes you can, I did.

yvonnehoho
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by yvonnehoho on Aug 24, 13 10:44 PM
I think Maeve loves botox (her lips)

great artwork, but for a CE-game I'm "missing" something, some challenges

bpfrimmer
Clownfish
Clownfish
698 Posts

[Post New]by bpfrimmer on Aug 25, 13 9:19 PM
Thank you akfrosty!

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Aug 26, 13 9:30 AM
I really wanted to like this game, it was cute and I am ready for cute lol. I just have a hard time with ho's when it is cartoon style and darkish these old eyes cant see.

Happy game day for those who enjoy this style of game.

Go to: