Level 38

[Post New]by ShonaMcT on Aug 24, 13 6:54 AM
I can't seem to get passed this level - any tips?

Edited on 08/24/2013 at 7:13:27 AM PST

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 38

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 24, 13 5:07 PM
Welcome to the pond, ShonaMcT

I don't remember what this board looks like off the top of my head, so can't give a detailed strategy right now. If you focus on getting the powerups charged up as quickly as possible and use them as soon as you get them that really helps with collecting tiles. If the hourglass and army are lit together, use the hourglass first, then the army. Use the hammer on tight spots and/or to break some chains to free up an area. Hopefully you have the second hammer at this point, which breaks three tiles in a horizontal row.

Don't use your ships or cannonballs on areas that are not completely filled in with something because powerups don't work on empty chains or empty spaces. If you have a goal of collecting treasure chests and most of them are chained, wait until most of the chains are gone from the chests and then use the lightning on them to collect most of them.

[Post New]by ShonaMcT on Aug 26, 13 4:25 AM
Thanks for the advice but this board has octopus, hammers, pirates, gold bars etc. and some locked sections in the centre of the board as well as at the edge of the board that need to be matched twice before they are freed - I have tried using the power up tools and the cannonballs but when I think I have succeeded in matching all tiles I run out of time and I have still failed! Very frustrating and confusing - perhaps I am missing something!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 26, 13 5:18 PM
I would have to start a new game up to see which board this is, but I think it's the one that has a bunch of chained tiles in the center and the objectives are to clear all the tiles and collect enough octopus tiles? There is a element of speed involved in playing, as the game is aggessively timed. I pretty much just get the army, hourglass, and hammer charged up as much as possible (try to get each one at least 2-3 times in a board) and use them as soon as they become available. Don't spend much time on the gold bars except if they are the only convenient matches around or if you need to reshuffle an area to reach a tight spot. The hammer is useful for breaking the chains on the center tiles. Use the lightning bolt on the octopus when there are a lot of them on the board. Then focus on the spots in the corners or center to clear them when matches fall into place. CH is a tough M3 and takes practice to master...good luck and hang in there!

Go to: