bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for Myths of the World: Chinese Healer

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 25, 13 1:51 AM
Hey everyone!

What do you think of Myths of the World: Chinese Healer? We’d love to hear all about it! You can share your review here in the reviews thread, and on our website as well. Just pop over to the Myths of the World: Chinese Healer page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article here for more information:

Big Fish Game Reviews

Remember, a lot of forum users that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

To help other players get the most out of your review, you can add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to head over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'! When starting a new discussion looking for game help, please be as descriptive as possible when creating a title for your thread.

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for Myths of the World: Chinese Healer

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 25, 13 1:51 AM
I also wanted to add that this thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game), please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post, as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable for the review thread.

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews).

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Aug 25, 13 1:53 AM
Interested to read the reviews on the CE version of this game?

Just click here!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Aug 25, 13 3:45 AM
Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure.

Gameplay was very smooth.

Graphics ok.

Puzzles - nothing we haven't see before

HO scenes - some find by word list (slight interactivity) and some find by shadow - you can opt to play mah-jong instead.

Map - yes, transportable and shows active areas.

Objectives - yes.

Any hidden extras i.e. morphing/collectables/achievements - NO - even though main game page write up indicates that there are cranes to find and achievements to earn - THERE ARE NONE IN THE SE.

Healing tool - this could get a bit monotonous - I'm sure they could have made this a lot more fun.

Voiceovers - yes.

Inventory - locks in place.

Journal - yes.

gatorgal637
Minnow
Minnow
204 Posts

[Post New]by gatorgal637 on Aug 25, 13 4:57 AM
Tthank you JulieJay. This is exactly the info I want when trying to decide on SE or CE. Very helpful THANKS,

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Aug 25, 13 5:40 AM
Marvellous Oriental Adventure!

BASED ON COMPLETED CE GAME

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
Definitely a winner. The introduction is well done, excellent voiceover, deep and echoing. The game looks good, first class graphics (HD option) and good cut scenes that explain the story. The game is set in China, and is filled with excitingly exotic images and sounds. The music is a blend of Chinese and western, and is excellent. There are a number of important characters throughout the game and they are each beautifully drawn and animated, as well as being well acted.

WHAT’S HAPPENING
An evil sorcerer poisons the Emperor’s son as a first step in his plot to become emperor himself. You are Daiyu, a renowned healer, and you have been summoned to the palace to heal the boy. From the start there are problems, but nothing you can’t overcome with your magical healer’s kit and a few important ingredients. Saving the Emperor’s son soon turns out to be both easier and a lot more difficult than expected and is the beginning of an epic journey.

MAKING PROGRESS
This is a true Hidden Object Puzzle Adventure, as the three kinds of play are pretty well balanced. None of them pose a big challenge, but they are all interesting. The HO scenes are lists that are somewhat interactive and silhouettes that are not. The objects are large and clear. The puzzles are beautiful. They are fun to play because they look so good! They weren’t very original or very hard, though, and might just be too darn easy for some experts. Me, I don’t mind easy.

Getting around is helped by a portal map that tells you where there is something to do, and where you still have objectives to complete. It can be accessed through the journal, which also gives you a list of objectives and a summary of the game as you go along. In casual mode (1 of 3), the skip button filled really fast, and the game took me between 4 -5 hours.

BLING!
The healer’s kit turns special items you acquire into essences and such. It is the arcade-like game where you must time your click to match the green segment of a red bar.

The CE has collectibles and achievements plus the usual CE extras. The story ends conclusively in the main game.

FAMOUS LAST WORDS
The journey to fulfil your mission is a wonderful adventure, there is light and colour and variety everywhere. Fascinating characters, beautiful objects, interesting activities. Well blended story and gameplay.

A great game!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Aug 25, 13 6:58 AM
Thanks to JulieJay -- I was also interested in the SE of this having done the CE demo, as I have several, soon to expire coupons, but I won't get it without cranes, etc. to collect. That's one of the things I look forward to in a game -- collecting items. Too bad.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Aug 25, 13 10:46 AM
I guess everyone is different because I hate collecting things in games and that makes this game an asset for me. I enjoyed playing it more than I thought I would -really liked the princess. It's a buy for me.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Aug 26, 13 1:38 AM
This is a great little game for all the reasons already mentioned, but I won't be buying purely for the reason that sparkles indicate the HOS in every game mode - even the most advanced. To me that is not advanced game playing if you are helped in this way as I like to figure things out for myself. I wonder why the Devs did this!

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Aug 26, 13 9:49 AM
I'm posting this here because since all the 'improvements' to the site, all the 'help' forums (where I would have once posted this), are so hard to find it's not worth the effort! AND because that the 'chat' is down.

The blurb advertising the ERS Special Offer includes 'Witches Legacy .. the Lair of the Witch', and yet when I try to use the ERS 'coupon to purchase it at the special price, it says that game doesn't qualify.

I have emailed customer service, but by the time they eventually get back to me .. the offer will have ended.

Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks
Jo

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 30, 13 5:23 PM
Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! But then I'm a lover of anything about China. The music fit perfectly, the adventure was grande and the colors and puzzles were unique.
I grade this a perfect score: 5 out of 5. Recommend this game highly!

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Sep 11, 13 4:40 AM
caput wrote:I guess everyone is different because I hate collecting things in games and that makes this game an asset for me. I enjoyed playing it more than I thought I would -really liked the princess. It's a buy for me.

I loved the demo and really hope the rest of the game lives up to its promise! It's a definite buy for me, too.

PS: Sadly, the rest of the game did not live up to the demo. Beautiful scenery isn't everything. After a while, the game became too easy, predictable and repetitive. It's too boring to finish.

Edited on 09/17/2013 at 6:14:22 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Nov 18, 13 6:19 PM
as the last post said, easy, predictable, and boring

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Nov 20, 13 6:27 PM
Ditto to that. Did the trial and was eager to get into the game. Now I just want to be finished so I can move on.

ffachet
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by ffachet on May 18, 14 9:51 AM
This game has all the features that I like in a good HO game and none of the annoyances I find in others of this type. Unlike some other commenters, I did not find it boring nor too simplistic. In fact, I already have bought another in the series. The one comment I would like to pass on to the developers has to do with the opening of all the games in this series.

Even after one has created a profile and started play, the game opens up in the same tedious and repetitious way: it repeats the intro movies, unchanged, every time, it tells you the game is played better with sound every time. You waste a good deal of effort wading through this each and every every time you start the game.

You should be able to go quickly to the main menu screen, skipping all the intro material, especially the reminder to play with sound.

Go to: