Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Finally only reached the 2d level but...

[Post New]by Nocturne on Aug 25, 13 2:26 PM
I don't understand this game. the little people will continue to pick fruit and work even when there aren't any hamburgers available, or water. They've picked all the s'rooms and little "things" that gave out books...so how do I get books now? And I don't understand what happens when the people go into the dark forest...they seem to come out eventually but nothing has changed, they don't bring anything back with them--what's that all about? And how in the world do I increase $--I've been playing this for 2 days and can't figure this out. Why isn't there some "legend" or "help" thingy that explains all this?

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

Re:Finally only reached the 2d level but...

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Aug 25, 13 3:39 PM
Hi Nocturne

Your people will only work if you set them a task, but otherwise they will just wander around. Icons appear above resources - a pickaxe for digging, baskets for collecting food - berries, nuts, mushrooms, herbs, an axe for chopping trees. If you hover the mouse over a resource you will see what you get back and what you use for that resource. For example a bush might give you herbs or it might give you the "book". The "book" gives you experience points that help you attain a new level.

As an alternative to picking resources, you can send your workers into the woods. If you click on the forest, a menu pops up showing what resources can be gathered. Select a resource and a worker will go into the forest to get it. When he comes out of the forest, it looks like he isn't carrying anything, but he is and takes the item to the storehouse. A message pops up saying something along the lines that an item has been delivered.

Food and other resources are placed in the storehouse. Even if the food sign (hamburger) is zero, food will be in the storehouse. Click on the storehouse, select a food item, then click on the "use" button. You will see the amount of food next to the hamburger sign increase. Once built, a grill will automatically produce extra food and can be upgraded. A hamburger sign will appear above the grill and you will need to click on it. A well, once built, will automatically produce water. As with the grill, click on the water sign to collect it. You can also send a worker into the forest for water.

Initially, you get money from the tents. Click on the $ sign to collect it. You'll be able to upgrade tents and other buildings for additional resources. Eventually, as you progress, trade will open and you'll be able to sell and buy items, you'll start mining for additional resources that you can sell.

Tasks appear in a small window on the left of the screen. Click the window and you will get a description of what needs to be done. Try to follow these tasks one at a time until you get a feel for the game, then you can "multi-task". When you have completed a task, remember to re-open the window and mark it as complete.

I hope this helps.

Nocturne
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Nocturne on Aug 25, 13 9:50 PM
Sooo, soehow I was supposed to buy the tent and storehouse before the grill or well even though the game only allowed me to buy the grill and well. This makes no sense, how am I to buy a tent ever? I'm starting over but if this situation doesn't right itself, that's it.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Aug 26, 13 7:05 PM
Hi Nocturne

When you start over, work on one task at a time. Eventually a task will require you to buy more tents. You'll be able to buy additional tents and other items from the shop which shows at the bottom of the screen.

Be patient. Work on tasks as they appear, gather resources. You'll soon get a feel for the game.

Go to: