The book of secrets-secret items

[Post New]by cher1116 on Jun 22, 08 5:37 PM
Does anyone know what the secret item is in the bottom left page of the book of secrets? Have found 17 of the 18 items and cannot find the last one. Don't even know what it is? Please help!!!

The book of secrets-secret items

[Post New]by dlr119 on Jun 23, 08 1:50 PM
have compeled ll secret items , is there other stages for more in the book , there is so many objects in the game that hused . or is that it when u find the 18 on the page??? was disappointed if it is.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Re:The book of secrets-secret items

[Post New]by scotcat on Jun 23, 08 4:24 PM
SPOILER.... SPOILER.... SPOILER.... SPOILER

For the 18 special items.

Witches Market - Top Hat
Paititi - Whale
El Dorado - Paint Brush
Munster - Pirate Flag
Natural History Museum - Pumpkin
Jail house - UFO
Alpine Village - Helmet
Pythagorean Society - Small Castle
Yakushima - Crow
Angkor Wat Interior - Bonnet
Hawaikiki - Axe
Femur Island - Sailboat
Shambala - Shoes
The Door to Everest - Small Beetle
The Alter - Green Rabbit
Inner Temple - Wrist Watch

There are 2 more special items. I "think" the Octopus is in the Amazon River level and the Sword is in the Chichen Itza Ruins level.

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Jan 2, 09 10:29 PM
OMG! Thank you! I couldnt find the darn hidden helmet and beetle for the life of me! And Ive been flying through this game with such ease in under an hour each time. Those are the only outstanding items I could not find- at least for the special book.

The only other trouble I have is in the market place (not Witches Market... a scene later in the game more towards the end). The one with the large tree on the left screen with monkey in it with fish hidden in the monkey and the large stone creature in the middle of the screen, and to the right of that, a table and wall full of masks, beads and such like a usual street market. The scene also has a bike in it as a large non-hidden thing, and the lower right has laid out fish as well as a basket of green grapes, where the apple is hidden and sometimes a green beetle sits there too.

Point is, in that scene, I have a VERY hard time finding the last gem. I dont know which one it is but I do find the obvious (to me) ones; even the ones hidden on the fish. But it drives me nuts to not find that final gem!

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about those special book hidden objects. Glad I wasnt the only one stuck on the beetle and helmet! Happy New Year!

[Post New]by bjolin3885 on Feb 8, 09 5:55 PM
OK, I'm sorry to sound like a knucklehead, but where do I find this book of secrets? I just happened to click on a rabbit in one of the scenes and it said that I had found one of the secret items. I am at a loss!

Blue_Phoenix
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Blue_Phoenix on Feb 9, 09 1:46 PM
bjolin3885 wrote:OK, I'm sorry to sound like a knucklehead, but where do I find this book of secrets? I just happened to click on a rabbit in one of the scenes and it said that I had found one of the secret items. I am at a loss!

Only once youve happened upon one of the secret items, do you even realize there are secret items to be found! Once I hit my first one (the black whale and the black octopus), did I even realize the whole secret item portion. I havent played in a while but I think you have to get at least one secret item first, and then perhaps you can go back and forth to see the shadows in the book... BUT I could be wrong. For what it's worth, when the book does open, I took my time to study each shadowed shape and even did a little sketch on scrap to keep my eyes out for the less obvious ones! Hope this helps and have fun!

[Post New]by oOoxNICNLVxoOo on Nov 8, 10 1:02 AM
[b] SPOLIER ALERT!!!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Hidden Expedition Everest
Secret Items List
1. Amazon River - Octopus - near black and white toucan
2. Chichen Itza - Saber (sword) - near left statue
3. El Dorado - Paintbrush - left top, near hook
4. Witches Market - Top Hat - center, near broken wheel
5. Munster - Pirate Flag - center, near Taverne sign
6. Jailhouse - UFO - beside the moon
7. Phytagorean Society - Castle - near the 8 ball
8. Yakushima - Crow - center
9. Angkor Wat Interior - White Bonnet - beside skates
10. Hawaiki - Axe (hatchet) - upper left
11. Femur Island - Viking Ship - beside moving ship
12. Shambala - Shoes - upper left
13. The Alter - Rabbit - beside the statue
14. Inner Temple - Compass (watch) - upper right
15. National History Museum - Jack O' Lantern
16. Patiti - Whale - middle of the screen hanging downward from trees
17. Alpine Village - Police Hat - roof of big building
18. Door To Everest - Beetle - middle left,very left side of the entire picture, by the sickle (hook)

Thought I would pass along some info I was given to help out

I too did not realize that there was "Secret Hidden Items" until I happened to click on one, and from there on out was baffled as to what they were, which scenes they were to be found in, if there was a theme, etc. I got to the end of the game, wondering anxiously if I would have a chance to KEEP THE ITEMS FOUND THUS FAR, or if I would have to start over-once you beat the game, it does not say much about it, other than to keep playing to get the "Master" title. A little more info would have been nice, but the boards do help-especially ours and Jay's
Off to collect my missing items-wish me luck!
Nic

Edited on 11/08/2010 at 1:26:24 AM PST

Warlady1
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by Warlady1 on Sep 24, 11 8:56 PM
Thanks oOoxNICNLVxoOo.

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 23, 11 12:56 PM
Thank you!! I was looking for the UFO and since there are so many scenes with one in it, that item was driving me crazy looking for it!

[Post New]by gumbumper on Jan 26, 12 7:38 AM
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can not for the life of me find the crown in the inner temple!! PLEASE HELP!! It's driving me nuts!!!!!!

Kathilisa
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by Kathilisa on Jan 8, 14 1:51 PM
I'm playing this game for the 2nd or 3rd time, it was one of the first I ever bought on BFG

I think the HOG scenes are totally brilliant..in that they're SO difficult, surely that's what HOGs are all about?

However it is odd that you only find the book of secrets by clicking on items that AREN'T in the regular list...if that's not an invitation to click randomly, I don't know what is

Yes I too made a sketch of the book and the outlines of the shapes to be found...
I've currently only found 4 of them so far this time......and I must admit, looking for the items is detracting from the main game, which is a bit annoying, oh well I'll carry on and see how it goes

amazing how games have developed over the last few years...some things (like the "accidental" book) are annoying, now we're all used to journals and task lists etc. but on the other hand the HOGs are much cleverer than in the new games, where they are now "less" important to the gameplay.

LIke early computer games where you would lose a life if you fell off something i.e. didn't click the arrows in the right direction carefully enough...we've all learned how to click arrows/use a mouse...and now we've learned how to find HOGs, so new games rely more on the story or graphics.

But this is still worth a play because the HOGs have stayed in my memory somehow, they are so beautifully composed.

Go to: