bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (iOS) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 24, 17 2:49 PM
Hello Firedragon13, Gemmam77, and Brandie21,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the latest update and want to thank you all for your patience while waiting on a response. I am going to try my best to assist with the issues reported here as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

Brandie21, that's an excellent question, and what I recommend is to see if the strategy guide created by fellow players is able to assist in pinpointing where some of this scenes could be. You can find that strategy guide below:

NEW Strategy Guide

The link above goes to the last page, with the latest summary of what players encounter while playing through the story. If you'd like further assistance with the game, such as game play hints and tips, I recommend seeing if our helpful links area here:

Helpful Links for Midnight Castle

Firedragon13, since it sounds like those issues are still happening, even after our suggestions, what I recommend is continuing with the recommendation to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team for further assistance. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue helping out. So if any player is seeing trouble with the update, don't hesitate to get in touch with them using the link above.

Gemmam77, thank you for the update. Our Reps will be sure to get back in touch quickly to assist further. Our Reps may ask for more information to assist with troubleshooting the issue, so be sure to follow up with their requests should they need more information to continue. Thank you for your patience while working with our teams.

Thank you all for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by sandyhend on Sep 25, 17 9:27 AM
I have updated my app and since I did I can't open the game... It gets to the big fish screen then just closes... what can I do???

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 25, 17 9:37 AM
Hi sandyhend,

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that after updating the Midnight Castle games app, there is some trouble opening it. It is recommended to try and close all other applications running in the background and ensure that your device is updated. Please refer to the following Big Fish Games Help pages for these specific steps:

Force Close Applications (iOS)
Restart Device (iOS)

If you continue to have issues, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of the issue and your device. The Support Team has the tools to further assist.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Luddite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Luddite on Sep 25, 17 9:54 AM
The airship seems to be missing ( or invisible). I clicked on it's landing area (tower) and saw that I would be able to send a new ship fully loaded with requested items. I noted my coins prior to sending and after. I sent the ship and was credited with approximately 1400 coins though the ship was not seen arriving or leaving. After this 'ghost' ship was sent clicking on the landing area (tower) does not tell when the next ship is due. This is the first time I encountered this. I got the latest MC update yesterday and am at level 77. I am running under IOS 10.3.3 (14G60) on an iPad mini.

[Post New]by sandyhend on Sep 25, 17 6:00 PM
I made sure everything was closed and tried again before I came here to seek help... I have no new updates for my phone.. I really like the game and can't get it to even try to open.. It pulls up the big fish screen then actually goes to elephants Ames screen then forcable closes... Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

Debchet
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
442 Posts

[Post New]by Debchet on Sep 26, 17 3:46 AM
I have the update, but I have two Lady Adora’s and it won’t let me
finish either one of them. The one continually says I have 2 Quests
left (7/9) no matter how many I do! The other says I must wait for
the next update.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Sep 26, 17 9:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to pop in here and let players know that we greatly appreciate players posting what is occurring in their games. I'm sorry that technical issues are present, and I wanted to provide some insight regarding these.

Luddite and Debchet, for these issues, it is recommended to close out background applications that may be running. I'll include that specific Big Fish Games Help page below:

Force Close Applications (iOS)

If issues continue to persist, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team.

sandyhend, thank you for letting us know what troubleshooting steps you have taken. Since it sounds like more in-depth steps are needed, please reach out to our Midnight Castle Support Team. If you are able to provide your friend code and device details, that would be helpful as well.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the Active Moderators. We are happy to help in any way that we can.

bfgBellerophon

Luddite
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Luddite on Sep 26, 17 9:45 AM
sandyhend wrote:I made sure everything was closed and tried again before I came here to seek help... I have no new updates for my phone.. I really like the game and can't get it to even try to open.. It pulls up the big fish screen then actually goes to elephants Ames screen then forcable closes... Any help would be greatly appreciated..
Thanks

bfgBellerophon,

Thanks for the reply about closing out other applications. The airship and the display of what is needed for it has returned. ? Hopefully I won't see this again.

Mshubin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Mshubin on Sep 26, 17 11:08 AM
I have been trying to get in the game for days. It keeps telling me to upgrade which it looks like it has already done.
iPad can’t get my number because I can’t get in the game.

Gemmam77
Clownfish
Clownfish
509 Posts

[Post New]by Gemmam77 on Sep 27, 17 2:44 PM
Still have not had a human reply from your tech guys since I put my first ticket in on Saturday which is really unacceptable.
Once again you know there is an issue but you have not posted anything about it on any media. This is really not good enough, please at least announce something about the issue with the update or be gracious to respond to people’s genuine concerns with their games.
Mods I understand the position you are in but really no response since Saturday is beyond believe.
I love this game & have invested a huge amount of my time & some money into it, to not respond is like a slap in the face.

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 27, 17 2:46 PM
Hello Luddite and Mshubin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us those updates and reports of issues being experienced in the iOS version of Midnight Castle. I just wanted to swim by to thank Luddite for updating us about what was happening, and we hope you continue to enjoy the game! I also wanted to provide some assistance for issues regarding the recent update.

Mshubin, it sounds like you were unable to receive the recent update, or that after the recent update you are unable to enter your game. I'm sorry that this is happening and wanted to provide the means for contacting our Support Team. Please contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what has occurred, including what type and model of device you are using and the operating system version that is installed on that device. Our Reps will follow up as soon as they are able to do so.

If you are unable to retrieve your Friend Code, it is not required to receive additional assistance. Please go ahead and contact our teams above using those steps with as much information as you are able to provide about what has occurred.

Thank you for your patience. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by gregoryflood on Sep 30, 17 3:09 AM
I have been playing Midnight Castle for some time on an iPad and have reached level 29. I recently added the game to my iPhone where it seems I have to start play from the very beginning. I noticed I was assigned a second Friend ID. Is there a way to use the same Friend ID on both platforms or to copy my iPad progress to the iPhone and then keep them synced so that progress on one is reflected on the other?

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Sep 30, 17 9:07 AM
Hi Gregoryflood
Welcome! No, there isn’t. Each game has its own player ID. You can, however, have the progress of your first game copied to the second. This won’t sync them but it will help you to get a bit farther in in the game on the iPhone.

bfgBeruna
1,481 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Sep 30, 17 11:19 AM
Hello gregoryflood,

It sounds like there's been some trouble getting the progress of your Midnight Castle game to sync between two phones. I'll be glad to help you.

One of the great things about playing this game on an iOS device is that you have the option to connect it to a Facebook account and save your progress to the servers. (Android and PC players aren't able to do this.) This means that if you want to play the game on two different iOS devices, all you need to do is sign into the game using the same Facebook credentials.

To sign into your game on the second iOS, please follow the instructions below:

1. Open Midnight Castle
2. Tap the gear icon in the upper-right corner
3. Tap Sign in with Facebook

This should sync your game's progress to the new iOS device. It's also a good idea to close the game on one device when you plan on playing it on your other device.

Thanks so much for reaching out. If there are any more questions, please PM me (or another of the active Moderators). We'll be glad to be of service.

bfgBeruna

[Post New]by 1ScaryPlace on Sep 30, 17 5:36 PM
I have been having these issues for weeks (months?).

When opening the game, it ALWAYS opens face book at the same time. This never used to happen and don't reapply want facebook to be forced open by this game.

Next, when the game is open, in the middle of the screen there is almost always a spinning wheel. If I happen to touch it on my screen in a normal scene it opens the information screen. In an HOS it really just blocks my view of items.

Finally, it doesn't appear that I am logged into facebook based on the friends screen. When I touch the spot which says log me in to Facebook nothing happens.

Thanks

[Post New]by wendybean on Sep 30, 17 5:38 PM
Hi
I am not sure if this has been addressed or not but there was nothing in the Midnight Castle help pages so I will post it here and you can direct me to the right place.
When I go to my Friends page I have about 17 friends but only two people show up with arrows to flip over and see what gift they want and then I could gift them. Some of them have green heads on them so I assume they are playing the game but I cannot get the card to flip over. I have just requested new friends to play with a couple have responded but only one has the arrow to see their request. I hate to request new friends and then not be able to gift them.
Perhaps I am doing something wrong or is this a technical issue?

Thanks

Wendy

Hexel789
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

half my friends are frozen

[Post New]by Hexel789 on Oct 2, 17 3:11 AM
I645141 playing on iPad.

I have 71 registered friends but in the last month or so half of them have “frozen”. I cannot gift them anything and only today on of the frozen friends has gifted me something but I cannot gift them back. This appeared to have started when we all had to reset our friend requests. Can this be sorted or does none of the frozen ones love me anymore?

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 2, 17 4:43 PM
Hello 1ScaryPlace, wendybean, and Hexel789,

Thank you for your patience while waiting on a response. It sounds like there are a few different issues being reported here and I'd like to try to provide some suggestions for each, as well as how to reach out to our Support Team should more help become necessary.

wendybean and Hexel789, there could be a few reasons that only a few friends on that Friends list can have gifts provided to them. For instance, a player can choose to not have a Wish List or may have chosen to have an empty one for the time being, which would make it so that players are unable to gift them an item. It is also possible that this player was affected by a previous issue that affected some players games where players needed to remake their Wish List and Private Rooms by manually adjusting them a little. If a player is still affected by this issue and hasn't yet been able to make those manual changes, they may be unable to receive a gift.

While I'm unsure what the case is for those specific friends, it's quite possible that those players who are unable to be flipped over to gift have not put items in their Wish List, so players are unable to provide them a gift. Some players choose to have an empty list so that they can assist newer players with their progress. If you would like to find more friends to add to that list to gift, our helpful thread for iOS players may be of use: iOS Friend Codes.

I hope that is able to help clarify why that may be happening and that when a player is unable to gift another player, it's usually due to that player not having a Wish List. If you find that the player has a wish list, but you are unable to access it, then please don't hesitate to contact our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what has occurred. Be sure to provide your Friend Code and what occurred when trying to gift the Friend. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to assist.

bfgIlinalta
3,208 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 2, 17 4:43 PM
1ScaryPlace, it sounds like there are a few issues being seen. I'm sorry that this is occurring and recommend contacting our Midnight Castle Support Team with details of what is occurring, your Friend Code, and screenshots of the Facebook window opening up as well as that spinning wheel. If you'd like some assistance with taking a screenshot on an iOS device, the following page has steps on taking one:

How do I take a screenshot? (iOS)

Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they can to continue assisting.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope this was able to help out. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Jav12
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jav12 on Oct 3, 17 5:58 PM
Deleted post. Sorry, Senior moment!
JJJ i835265

Edited on 10/03/2017 at 6:01:48 PM PST

Go to: