Senior Citizens sign in!!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 25, 18 5:37 PM
NeenaL50 I have sent you a pm so please read it!

[Post New]by GramSuzie on Apr 25, 18 8:40 PM
Can anyone shed some light on how to get past the timed San Francisco 25. I need it to get some green gems to build a monument

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 26, 18 12:38 AM
Re San Francisco 25

I'm sorry to hear that this Gummy level is giving you some trouble. As redroo mentioned, another player was also having some trouble with this exact same level. Not to worry though, because I have some tips on how to get past it without going back to look for that thread.

One thing I noticed when playing this one though is that the board is set up almost like a grid.

To get the score that you need, you'll want to try and make as many large matches as you can. Doing this will create line boosts, bomb boosts or lightning strike boosts that can be used to gain more points.

When using those boosts, you'll want to try and hit the gummies with the extra time. This way you'll add more time on the clock so you can continue to match those gummies and get points.

Hope this helps

This was the response to the query about level 25. You should always go to the city directory thread and scroll to the city you have a question about and quite often someone else has already asked your question

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Apr 26, 18 9:29 AM
Listen ... I play for you my fav JT album....esp "You've got a friend"....the song fits my mood as I'm remembering finding postings... Hmmm...then finally adding my own, first post and being admonished for breaking rules, both written and some unwritten poster rules by a group of "regulars". I eventually found a place I DID fit in and now I am thankful for those who filled a void. I'd moved, had quite a bit of time on my hands, my situation evolved over the years where several "time pauses" occurred and forum friends were a constant source of people I 'knew'. So here's a tip of the hat since its too early for a toast... as James Taylor croons "You've got a friend"!
For those who've suffered illness, for those coping with loss, many battling things not understandable by others and all just needing someone....YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND!!!

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Apr 26, 18 10:01 AM
Hi NeenaL60,

Love your song it is a goodie. Now I am singing it in my head....oh there it goes...now I am singing it out loud....oh there it goes now my parrot is squawking trying to out sing me. LOL.

Best regards
Glitter

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Apr 26, 18 11:32 AM
I am just catching up and am really bummed to know the forum is disappearing!!! So sad. It has been a fabulous resource for Gummy Drop and great "companionship" too. This thread especially made the GD obsession shareable. Am I understanding that there will be a forum on Facebook or is that something different?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 26, 18 11:42 AM
What’s on Facebook is a GD Page that Fans can post questions on. There’s also an active fan run group on Facebook called Gummy Drop Friends Unite! that lets fans post where other fans can see it. At least one person is trying to get a forum going elsewhere too but I know from experience that being a forum admin or moderator is a lot of work when the group is large.

bowiecowgirl
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by bowiecowgirl on Apr 26, 18 11:45 AM
Lordkalvan, before they close us down here I want to add that I always enjoy your insights into how the technical decisions impact the game development.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Apr 26, 18 12:26 PM
It makes me wonder if the reason why these links for group sites are being so heavily posted all over the forums is because they are trying to recruit new vounteer's for mod duty, plus generate new revenue for the advetiser's that are funding the sites

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 26, 18 1:18 PM
Still no update for Kyoto down here.... tired of always being many days behind everyone else!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Apr 26, 18 1:40 PM
Trav3lbird. I didn't get Kyoto until mid afternoon UK time today. Very much feeling like 2nd class citizens.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 26, 18 6:08 PM
I must be in the luggage van then! Mid afternoon Friday 27th and there is still no update to allow me to get to Kyoto! Aaaaaaaaargh!

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 27, 18 4:20 AM
Noon, April 27th in Ireland, and still no Kyoto in the iOS App Store. Interesting that UK has it and we haven't.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 27, 18 4:36 AM
As we wind down here, I just wanted to say a quick thank you to the mods who have always seemed to me to be unfailingly professional, helpful, pleasant, and patient.
Thank you, and may you always find calm waters to swim in!

Edited on 04/27/2018 at 4:36:59 AM PST

Jolliejackie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Apr 27, 18 5:44 AM
CliveJ I also live in Ireland . I play on iPad and 2 days ago there was an update for gummy drop with Kyoto. Strange that you haven't it yet.
Like you I would like to add my thanks to all those who made and contributed to this forum.
I learnt a lot from it and will miss all the posts.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Apr 27, 18 7:38 AM
Weird how Trav3lbird you haven't got Kyoto yet as I got it in the update I did before leaving for interstate on wed and as NZ and Aus are in the same sort of zone 'area' something must be not working right surely? I have downloaded it but not opened it yet as still muddling through Buenos Aires but will get it open soon. Not having much time to play whilst here but will I hope.

CliveJ
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by CliveJ on Apr 27, 18 8:56 AM
@ jollejackie: that's weird. Are you in the North by any chance? I'm in the Republic.

Jolliejackie
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Jolliejackie on Apr 27, 18 9:21 AM
CliveJ, hi no I'm not up north, I live in Galway. Wonder why you haven't got the update?
Sometimes, when I don't see updates in the App Store, I have to shut down iPad completely .
I'm sure you have already tried that.
Hope it shows up soon.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 27, 18 11:26 AM
Finally showed up for me 2am this morning so just in time to catch the marathon which was very lucky as sleep was evading me and now it is pouring with rain which is quite nice to listen to one the roof!

jjenjj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by jjenjj on Apr 28, 18 7:47 AM
Hello folks and fellow seniors,
I just wanted to say thank you to you all. What a pity the forum is closed down. It was a place to meet smart, interesting people and get very helpful information, too.
What would I've ever done without the thread "Best levels to replay for resources in each city"? And I do so hope you will continue it!

Thanks to eli173 for creating an new forum. I already signed in.
And thanks to you mods for your patience and understanding.

Goodbye, folks, have fun, see you!

Go to: