Pokeyk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Studk making the last potion

[Post New]by Pokeyk on Aug 26, 13 12:24 PM
I ended up skipping the puzzle to make the last potion with the crystal, ash, horn and mushrooms. The skip button disappeared, but I cannot continue. The game won't let me put the bowl in the burner. When I try adding ingredients, the game just tells me that the ingredients are wrong. I can't progress and further until I get this portion done. HELP

Re:Stuck making the last potion

[Post New]by Anna_Allison on Aug 26, 13 3:30 PM
I'm having the same problem. When I hit the hint it tells me to put the potion on the burner, but I can't pick it up.

puzzler46
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Studk making the last potion

[Post New]by puzzler46 on Aug 26, 13 4:22 PM
I'm having the same problem also. I welcome any help.

justaques
Stingray
Stingray
5,487 Posts

[Post New]by justaques on Aug 26, 13 5:08 PM
Hi

I had the same problem with this potion and eventually had to skip it. As I kept playing the game I kept having problems getting other things to work so I uninstalled game and reinstalled it and everything worked perfectly. You could maybe try this before you go any further to see if it corrects the problem with the potion.

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

Re:Stuck making the last potion

[Post New]by Lord_George on Aug 27, 13 8:00 AM
Same problem !!!

[Post New]by meBear on Aug 27, 13 8:35 AM
Heck! I can't even make the 1st potion! Keeps telling me I've used the wrong proportions. Does it really want NINE eggs??

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Aug 27, 13 10:03 AM
SPOILER ALERT on FIRST Potion

meBear..(highlight the space below)

On the first potion look at the recipe. This took me forever to figure out, but at the bottom of the recipe it shows three little triangles and a 1 (one) over the top. Look at what color each ingredient has and count the little triangles in each color in groups of three. Each group of 3 is one portion..did that help?

I'm still stuck on the last potion, there's no clue and the ingredients are not linked to a specific part of the pie chart. Sucks but I'm gonna have to skip I guess.

Edited on 08/27/2013 at 10:06:30 AM PST

Studk making the last potion

[Post New]by bigfishplayer2 on Aug 27, 13 3:05 PM
Pokeyk wrote:I ended up skipping the puzzle to make the last potion with the crystal, ash, horn and mushrooms. The skip button disappeared, but I cannot continue. The game won't let me put the bowl in the burner. When I try adding ingredients, the game just tells me that the ingredients are wrong. I can't progress and further until I get this portion done. HELP

This also happened to me. I uninstalled the game as someone else suggested, but it still won't work. I can't get the ingredients right and I can't proceed.

Help!

[Post New]by bigfishplayer2 on Aug 27, 13 3:25 PM
If you've used the skip button and it has disappeared, try putting your cursor over the bowl and then slowly move the cursor down until it's just off the bowl. It should turn into a hand. When it does, you can pick up the bowl and put it on the stove.

Good luck!

Janferie
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by Janferie on Aug 28, 13 3:16 AM
I'm also stuck with this. Seems like a technical problem.

uvujog10
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by uvujog10 on Aug 28, 13 9:13 AM
To make the last potion you need to count the outer (faint lined) circles and count your way in towards the centre to where the indicators are for each ingredient, then when the potion is correct place the bowl on the small stove

If you want the solution let me know and I will post it

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Aug 28, 13 10:23 AM
I tried everything posted, but still stuck! I bought this game and get all this way and it just stops! Not a happy BF today!! There is no "Skip" button!!!

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 10:24:17 AM PST

[Post New]by meBear on Aug 28, 13 11:38 AM
TY MissAbby for you time! I thought the "1" was a line indicating to fold the triangle down. Duhh

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on Aug 28, 13 12:43 PM
It works perfectly well. You just have to count the thin circles.

[Post New]by leapfrog0202 on Aug 28, 13 4:25 PM
I realize that it worked for some people that counted the circles, but in my case I didn't know that.

I put the items in, used the mortar and pestle and put it on the fire. Then I got the message WRONG PROPORTIONS.

I mixed it back up since that emptied the bowl, put it back, got the same message and then decided I was too dumb to figure that one out and hit skip.

My bowl is full, I cannot empty it and it no longer goes on the fire either. I cannot skip, cannot replay the puzzle and can move no further in the game.

I think that is what people are referring to and I believe that this is a technical error in that the code wasn't written to allow these types of mistakes to be made followed by an attempt to skip.

[Post New]by babadgirl on Aug 28, 13 8:02 PM
Try goingto the game menu and choosing to load the chapter again. That might help.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 28, 13 8:08 PM
bsbagwell wrote:I tried everything posted, but still stuck! I bought this game and get all this way and it just stops! Not a happy BF today!! There is no "Skip" button!!!

leapfrog0202 wrote:I realize that it worked for some people that counted the circles, but in my case I didn't know that.

I put the items in, used the mortar and pestle and put it on the fire. Then I got the message WRONG PROPORTIONS.

I mixed it back up since that emptied the bowl, put it back, got the same message and then decided I was too dumb to figure that one out and hit skip.

My bowl is full, I cannot empty it and it no longer goes on the fire either. I cannot skip, cannot replay the puzzle and can move no further in the game.

I think that is what people are referring to and I believe that this is a technical error in that the code wasn't written to allow these types of mistakes to be made followed by an attempt to skip.

Even though your bowl looks full the game thinks it is empty. You only have to put the correct portions of the ingredients into the bowl, use the mortar and put it on the fire. Then you will get the potion and you can leave the scene.

This is still a glitch in the game that the developer needs to fix but this workaround will let you continue with the game.

You can also reload the game at Chapter V, but the puzzle is near the end of the chapter and that takes longer than putting the correct ingredients in the bowl.

Spoiler:

The correct portions are:

3 mushrooms
2 red crystals
1 ash
1 claw

Good luck!

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 5:58:16 AM PST

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts