joshua67
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Struggling to catch my first firsh

[Post New]by joshua67 on Aug 26, 13 1:57 PM
I hope someone can help me, I think the game is great but I have come to a point where I cant get any further. Fishing. I always struggle with fishing. I have done what it suggests you do try to keep it in a certain place and I have also tried constantly pressing the button on my mouse. But when do I find out if I have caught one and if I don't what am I doing wrong. I don't like to quit when I love the game. Please help

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

Re:Struggling to catch my first firsh

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Aug 26, 13 7:24 PM
Hi Joshua

Fishing can take a bit of getting used to. Once the strike button comes up and you start clicking with the mouse, you need to keep the area between the two red lines green. If you click too fast and the colour turns red, you will need to slow down or loose the fish. It's getting a balance between clicking fast, slowing down a bit. You'll see a little fish moving from left to right. The better you can keep the area green, the more chance the fish will reach the "finish" line!

When you've caught a fish, a message pops up "great catch" and a fish will appear on the board.

Good luck.

joshua67
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by joshua67 on Aug 27, 13 11:55 AM
Hi again
don't know if my game hasn't loaded correctly as when i look at the screen when i have clicked the secure button I don't appear to have a green are just a red area between the two red lines.

Do you think this is a problem?

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Aug 27, 13 8:04 PM
Hi Joshua

It can be that if you click the "strike" button, and hold down the mouse button too long, you will see the red area. I say "too long" but it is really just seconds and it is easy to have some misses when first fishing.

Try this: Click the "strike" button then continue to click rapidly. Don't release the mouse button, or hold it down too long. The green area will start appearing as you click. If you are clicking and see too much red, slow down a bit but don't release the mouse button. It can take a bit of practice to get used to it!

joshua67
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by joshua67 on Aug 29, 13 11:11 PM
Hi

just wanted to say thanks, tried what you suggested and it worked a treat. Just wish it would help me catch the bigger fish.

Again Thanks.

Joshua67

Go to: