tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

The headaches: 7, 31, 34, and 41

[Post New]by tamk42 on Aug 26, 13 9:46 PM
I've seen several posts on most of these and have recently finished the game in both modes (except 41 in hard mode...it's still giving me a headache) and I thought I would share a few tricks that helped me along the way. First for level 7 it is equally challenging in both modes and I think it has everything to do with the way you use your bonuses; pay attention to those tasks taking alot of time and use the speed up bonus (there's only two here so play around with which will work at the best times). It will be unlikely that you get it on the first try.
**It also helped with the other levels (or any level with the +1 resource available) when I realized that the +1 works with the stuff laying on the ground too (except the money)...this helped with some strategies.
**It's also important to get out 2 of each man and girl as soon as you can when it is available) except for one level when you need the money first to build the pottery shop. I don't remember which number it is, but it was the one you had to save Fiona.

Hope this helps ...Happy Gaming

Re:The headaches: 7, 31, 34, and 41

[Post New]by sashashelmerdine on Sep 7, 13 10:17 AM
Could you be a little more specific about level 34? That's the only one I can't get the gold time in normal mode...

I've tried so many different combinations, I'm beginning to see little Romans running around when I close my eyes at night... :-)

tamk42
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by tamk42 on Sep 7, 13 10:38 PM
Hi Sas, I went back in and replayed 34 so I will tell you here what I did:
*First I got out an extra guy right away.
*Clear rocks to clovers first and use both guys to clear rocks/collect the money on the ground.
*Get the extra girl with the money from the ground right away; (it's important to keep everyone working at all times in this level)
*Collect your clovers to pay beggar by the sand...(a little note here: if you are playing regular mode, as soon as you are done collecting the right amount of clovers, click on the beggar to send a guy to start negotiating with him...In hard mode you wont' get credit for your "collection" until you bring in back to the house....in regular mode you get the clover as soon as she's done gathering it)
*Also, wait until you are done negotiating with the beggar by the sand before you click on the +1 bonus and then collect the clovers and clay to give to the beggar at the pottery shop.
*Keep the girls and guys working at all times until you get enough to pay the beggar at the marketplace.
***Note: I used the +1 resource bonus only, (until the very end when I tried to use the "muscle arm speed up work" bonus so the guy would talk faster to the nomad in front of the star gate) by the way, at some point one of the guys have to clear that rock pile before that nomad (I did it after I played the beggar at the marketplace)
*Collect enough vases ( 5 ) to trade for the 500 for the next beggar.
*then collect what you need to pay off the next guy in front of the sheep farm.
*Now collect pots for 1500...(you will need 1550 to build the sheep farm: 4 planks, 3 stones, and 350.00....trade 15 pots and 2 clovers for the money/materials you need....make sure during all of your trades you are selling and buying at the same time....this saves time)
*Build sheep farm and then get enough pots and milk to pay the next beggar in front of the cottage cheese factory..
*Then get what you need to pay the nomad at the end...if possible use the "arm muscle" bonus when talking to him.
**This is VERY IMPORTANT: when you click on the star gate to start working on it, a text box will pop up...DO NOT click anymore..let the guy keep working on the star gate the clock will stop , but he will keep working...if yo click all the text boxes till they are gone then the clock will start ticking again and you will run out of time.

This might be a bit too specific, but I hope it helps

[Post New]by sheilamilo on Sep 23, 13 10:29 PM
Wow - awesome help! Thanks!

nufsober
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by nufsober on Aug 13, 14 10:33 AM
LEVEL 7 !!!!!!!!!!!! What's the 'trick ' to get through it? I get enough logs but, run out of gold? or have enough gold but no logs?? I've been working on this level for 2 days! Can we skip a level? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOPS, I''M ON LEVEL 6, SORRY.. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 5:54:12 PM PST

ak6491
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ak6491 on Sep 4, 14 10:46 AM
I finally made gold on 34. I found the trick was to always keep one man on the clay. Wait for the second man to come back before getting the jar or whatever the next task is.

Go to: