bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 1:41 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by crispypot on Aug 28, 13 12:49 AM
hi anyone if your out there this isnt a tech issue with dark manor but about TGT is anyone having trouble downloading the game ???? all i get is a screen saying sorry only a certain amount of banwidth our servers cant cope try later, i`ve never ever in 10 yrs seen this before, really confused can anyone out there help as i`m not sure where to post stuff anymore since the whole bfg changed. thanks in advance for any help

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 28, 13 3:22 AM
Hi crispypot,

I have left some help for this issue over here and the good news is, this should now be resolved.

If you are continuing to have trouble downloading your game though, please contact our Tech Support Team so we can take a closer look at what is going on here.

Hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 08/28/2013 at 3:23:02 AM PST

[Post New]by GabrielleG on Aug 29, 13 10:18 AM
Game is not detecting my internet connection since this mornings update :-(

[Post New]by blundering_fool on Aug 29, 13 4:54 PM
GabrielleG wrote:Game is not detecting my internet connection since this mornings update :-(

I just downloaded the game today on my pc and I am also getting this message. "No available internet connection detected, please try again later". Well I happen be logged into the internet at the same time it's telling me it can't detect my connection.... Also there was nothing in the game information or description advising you had to have an internet connection in order to play - disappointing.

p.s. - I'm playing on a pc, windows vista basic & google chrome as my default browser, everything that should be the latest version, (i.e. Chrome, Flash & DirectX) is.

*************************************************************************************

I just tried again to launch the game & succeeded. However if an internet connection is required to play the pc version then I'm just not interested. Can anyone verify this yea or nea?

Edited on 08/29/2013 at 5:40:44 PM PST

Valdy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,531 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 30, 13 2:25 AM
blundering_fool wrote:I just tried again to launch the game & succeeded. However if an internet connection is required to play the pc version then I'm just not interested. Can anyone verify this yea or nea?

Yay...

Here is Baikal's message, which can be found in the "TGT August 27" thread:

bfgBaikal wrote:Hi folks,

Just to confirm that Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery is a new game for the PC platform though it has been released on iOS for a while.

For those already playing on iOS, if you sync your game up to Facebook, you can then pick up your place in the PC version if you wish.

You do need to be online at all times to play this game, due to the way it syncs with your profile and with other players. Additionally, this requirement to be online allows us to offer in game features such as dynamic leader boards.
I really enjoy this game and it is free to play so give it a try if you have time!

bfgBaikal

Hope this helps.

Valdy

Edited on 08/30/2013 at 2:32:08 AM PST

scout64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by scout64 on Aug 30, 13 2:26 PM
I'm having an issue with the Steamroller Achievement in that I've achieved it (Place 100 paths around your Mansion) and it's showing the full green bar with 'Complete' on it, but no matter how many times I press the complete bar, it does not update my 1,000 JuJu points or 3 Gold bars!

My OS is Windows 8

Edited on 08/30/2013 at 2:27:14 PM PST

bfgDeveron
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 30, 13 4:53 PM
Hello scout64,

What I'd recommend is uninstalling and reinstalling your game to ensure that all of the files are downloaded correctly.

If that doesn't work, the next step would be to get in contact with our Tech Support Team so our Reps can take a look at this and help sort out what's happening.

I hope this helps!

bfgDeveron

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,564 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Aug 30, 13 6:05 PM
Technical issue with the in-house store:

The in-house store is not working. Have not reported it yet, but tried to enter new CC info directly on-line and it wouldn't take it. That I have reported.

But if you want folks to actually buy some gold so they can take some advantage of the sale, you need to figure out why the in-house store is not working!

And BTW, I did contact both CC companies to ensure the cards I was attempting to use are both valid with no hold on either. So it is definitely the store.

agnesnic
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by agnesnic on Aug 31, 13 2:01 AM
I cannot buy gold. I have uninstalled and re-installed the game but I still cannot buy gold. There does not seem to be the capacity to earn enough gold to purchase unlocking of new scenes or other purchases.

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 31, 13 3:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I am sorry to see the store is not loading up for you both, I have tried it here and although it took a little while to come up, it did appear and allowed me to make a purchase, so I am not too sure where the issue lies.

Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how the game functions and consequently how syncs with your account as well.

If you continue to have this trouble, please contact Tech Support so that we can have a closer look at what is going on here.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by seattlecupcake on Aug 31, 13 10:44 AM
When are the bonus expansion scenes going to reflect the "60% off gold prices" advertised for the holiday weekend?
I am on level 22 and they are still 186 gold each.

Thanks

*corrected to 186 gold

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 11:48:19 AM PST

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,564 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Aug 31, 13 12:29 PM
The in-game store finally sorted itself out late yesterday. At least for me it did...

[Post New]by aquarius123 on Aug 31, 13 8:19 PM
I cannot play this game on my pc. It doesn't seem to like the display. No special requirements are listed for the game?

Pythonette
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Pythonette on Aug 31, 13 8:58 PM
No trouble downloading--game manager indicates fully activated--yet, receiving, "graphics device not supported by this game" message.
Please advise.

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 8:58:56 PM PST

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,564 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 1, 13 2:47 PM
@pythonette and aquarius123, changing your screen resolution may help with this issue; sometimes that does help. If it doesn't, you will want to contact Customer Support and put in a trouble ticket so that they can help you out...

Edited on 09/04/2013 at 6:48:15 AM PST

bfgBaikal
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Sep 3, 13 5:00 AM
Oh I am glad to hear this PTBT!

aquarius123 and Pythonette as PTBT suggested, it would be worth checking out the articles below as the steps offered may help to get the game to display for you.

Screen Resolution

If you would like some more help with this we are happy to provide it! Please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team so we can get to helping you right away.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 09/03/2013 at 5:01:31 AM PST

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Sep 3, 13 10:32 AM
This game was HORRIBLY made. It is way to big for the screen and I cannot get to the menu button (I assume there is one, I cannot see it).,.. way over on the left. All the images are way over to the left and I have a huge black chunk of nothing on the right side of my screen.

Whoever made this game did not bother to take into consideration how many different resolutions are out there as well as how many different sized monitors are now on the market.

One should NOT have to adjust their resolution to play a game. The game should be able to detect what resolution the pc/monitor uses and adjust the game accordingly. I had to open my task bar, and end task on the game just to get it closed down.

Good thing this is free.. I would never pay money for it.,

EDIT: I have changed my resolution 3 times now.. going all the way down to 800x600 and nothing works. Everything is crammed way over to the left outside of view.

thanks but no thanks, this game is crap

Edited on 09/03/2013 at 10:40:31 AM PST

[Post New]by ThomAndJerry on Sep 3, 13 10:35 AM
Pythonette wrote:No trouble downloading--game manager indicates fully activated--yet, receiving, "graphics device not supported by this game" message.
Please advise.

That means your video card cannot support the game

PTBT
Catfish
Catfish
1,564 Posts

[Post New]by PTBT on Sep 4, 13 6:51 AM
You can exit the PC game in 2 ways - hit the ESC key and click yes, or use the cog/gear in the upper right corner under the eye, click Main Menu and click yes.

Go to: