ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

game closes but still runinng - ???

[Post New]by ember89 on Aug 27, 13 1:55 AM
when i click to play dark manor, 80% of the time the game minimizes to my taskbar and when i try to reopen it, windows says there's something wrong, does a search, and closes it. i've also found, however, that while it's down there on the bar, i can attempt to open the game in several windows...unusual for a game running through the game manager

is anyone else having difficulty getting the game to open?? i've enjoyed what i've been able to play this past week and gave a review based on that alone, but truthfully, i'd have to give it instead of four if i were to base it on my whole experience

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:game closes but still runinng - ???

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Aug 27, 13 2:12 AM
Hi ember89,

The 809 message indicates that although Dark Manor is not opening correctly for you, it is still running in the background, preventing any other game launching.

The good news is that this is normally quite easy to solve and we have a help article here with some specific advice on how to prevent that error message from showing.

If the error persists after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support Team for further assistance and one of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Finally, we do have a dedicated technical issues thread for the game already, so I'll go ahead and lock this discussion now, but please feel free to post any problems you run into with the game here

Hoping this helps!

bfgBaikal

Go to: